World Slavery Tour question (stage set up)

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
I have a question regarding the World Slavery Tour. I bet we all know the huge stage set with the golden pharaonic Eddie head behind the stage from which the mummy later rises. I have seen other World Slavery Tour live photos that have shown just backdrops. So my question: Was the big head and the mummy part of every show, or did they use this set up only in the larger venues but backdrops for the smaller venues? (I'm at work in office, so I can't attach any pictures, but could do later when I'm back home)

Last edited:
I have a question regarding the World Slavery Tour. I bet we all know the huge stage set with the golden pharaonic Edde head behind the stage from which the mummy later rises. I have seen other World Slavery Tour live photos that have shown just backdrops. So my question: Was the big head and the mummy part of every show, or did they use this set up only in the larger venues but backdrops for the smaller venues? (I'm at work in office, so I can't attach any pictures, but could do later when I'm back home)
That's a good question and the answer is that they used this Eddie in every venue they did. Bruce said himself : "You could set it up in small theatres or big arenas and it would always look fantastic.". ;)

I have a question regarding the World Slavery Tour. I bet we all know the huge stage set with the golden pharaonic Edde head behind the stage from which the mummy later rises. I have seen other World Slavery Tour live photos that have shown just backdrops. So my question: Was the big head and the mummy part of every show, or did they use this set up only in the larger venues but backdrops for the smaller venues? (I'm at work in office, so I can't attach any pictures, but could do later when I'm back home)
Although I am not sure how accurate the dates for these pictures might be, it seems they were already using the big mummy in 1984.

Saw this tour back in 1984 in Cardiff (Wales, UK) and they did not use the big golden Eddie.

During Iron Maiden the walk on mummy Eddie came on instead. I was gobsmacked when I finally saw the big Golden Eddie on the Live After Death video the following year.
Yeah i presumed this would be the case

Back