World Premiere of "Different World" for IMOC members

ABandOn

.:The Final Frontier:.
The IMOC have just announced the world premiere of the highly anticipated song, Different World, from the new Iron Maiden album A Matter Of Life And Death!

The statement reads as follows;

You need to be at your computer, logged in to the IMOC with your speakers turned up at 10pm tonight (UK time) cos the IMOC are going to be the first people to hear DIFFERENT WORLD, the opening track from the new album.

No clips. No voiceovers. Just 4 minutes and 17 seconds of pure Maiden. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Source: Maiden Norway

For streamed media, it is easy to get the full path for the actual download, the full path to the download can be found in the *.ram (real media), *.asx or *.asf files (windows media player). I was able to download the Breeg video from the *ram file but the windows media format was timing out. Hopefully someone will be able to extract the path.

An alternative to this is using one of those streaming capture software.

It doesn't take 6 minutes to upload and make available! :) It'll be up there about 10.06 :)

No need to use software to extract a stream, the simple use of TotalRecorder will suffice!

Probably not a professional thing for me to say but anyone going to post a link here if they find one?

Not sure this will be one of my favourites from AMOLAD. I've heard far better openers.

It's OKish.

In my opinion, not as good as the first one...

But not a bad song...

I begin to understand why they're all saying that this album will need many listens to tell its secrets...

Peschane said:
But not a bad song...
I think this may well go down as one of Maiden's "good song, but below par by their standards" efforts. I much preferred Benjy.

I think it's very untypical for Maiden. But that is a good thing. Anyone else think the solo is similar to the one on 'Road To Hell'?

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!  this is a GREAT song! sure, it's no Wicker Man, but it is FAR better than Benjamin Breeg!

I've only had one listen to it, so I'm hesistant to jump to conclusions, but my first reaction: very good.

How does it rate against other openers?
Middle of the pack.
Better than some (e.g. Tailgunner, Wildest Dreams).
Worse than others (e.g. Moonchild, Futureal).
It's more in the neighborhood of Where Eagles Dare. Good, solid, the kind of song I won't mind hearing again and again but still not quite A-list material.

Back