Woah! Maiden Ticket Prices

The tickets may be a little bit expensive, but think that not everyone will have the luck to spend this money and see the band... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

I'm not happy about the prices... they even charged a load of extra prices... four extra £4 I think it was for silly little charges... I'm not happy about it...

$80 CND for last summer's concert at the Molson Ampitheatre for pit seats, and $120 for Steve Harris's football jersey.

Edited for Grammar.

[!--quoteo(post=131411:date=Mar 10 2006, 11:34 AM:name=spalec)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(spalec @ Mar 10 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]131411[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Someone want to give the fanarea password so I can buy tickets now?

There's a pint in it for you [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]
[/quote]

No, and you get a unique code that you can only use once. Join the IMFC if you want tickets before others! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]No, and you get a unique code that you can only use once. Join the IMFC if you want tickets before others! [/quote]

Not true,I gave one of my friends the code, and he booked his tickets using it...

What is feckin' annoying is that when I finally got round to sending off my application for the IMFC, a week later they announce the dates, and my stuff hasn't come through the post yet. ::

[!--quoteo(post=132098:date=Mar 15 2006, 05:17 PM:name=brother_of_the_7th_son)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(brother_of_the_7th_son @ Mar 15 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]132098[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Not true,I gave one of my friends the code, and he booked his tickets using it...
[/quote]

Did you use it first?

I've got three standing tickets for the SECC! That cost my dad a total of £115.95 which included service charge.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Did you use it first?[/quote]

yeah I did, I bought two using it, then gave him the code to buy his

Just got my tickets for the Den Bosch (Holland) concert! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

E 42,80 per ticket (service costs included)

Again: Supply and Demand.

It would be a rip-off if they charged 60 Euros if they couldn't sell the gig out for 30. That would be overpricing because the demand (people who want to see the show) is lower than the supply (amount of people that fit into the concert hall/amount of tickets available), and those who want to see the gig would have to pay way more than really necessary.

Here, we have a very limited supply (only so many people fit into the concert hall) and a much higher demand (more people want to see the show than fit into the hall). If the tickets were sold at 30 Euros, they would be sold out almost instantly, and many fans eager to see the show would be deprived of a ticket, while many others who may not be as eager and only bought them because they were 'cheap' (mind you, 30 Euros is still a lot of money) get to see a show they might not even be very interested in, or possibly because they just weren't lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.

It's called 'economy'. Spiced up with a little bit of Darwinism though.

[!--quoteo(post=132540:date=Mar 20 2006, 04:22 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 20 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]132540[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Again: Supply and Demand.

It would be a rip-off if they charged 60 Euros if they couldn't sell the gig out for 30. That would be overpricing because the demand (people who want to see the show) is lower than the supply (amount of people that fit into the concert hall/amount of tickets available), and those who want to see the gig would have to pay way more than really necessary.

Here, we have a very limited supply (only so many people fit into the concert hall) and a much higher demand (more people want to see the show than fit into the hall). If the tickets were sold at 30 Euros, they would be sold out almost instantly, and many fans eager to see the show would be deprived of a ticket, while many others who may not be as eager and only bought them because they were 'cheap' (mind you, 30 Euros is still a lot of money) get to see a show they might not even be very interested in, or possibly because they just weren't lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.

It's called 'economy'. Spiced up with a little bit of Darwinism though.
[/quote]

Well we can't say that tickets are selling very fast. none shows are sold out (or close to), except in Scandinavia. and I suspect that some are not selling very well so far (barcelona, Paris, ...)

Just be happy they still tour in Europe. To see them in the US anymore is a rarity. I'm gonna have to fly to Europe and buy a ticket to see them on this tour. And I will. I hope they go back to Prague. I have always wanted to see that city! ::

By the way, I'm new, and this is a great site! I'm sure I'll be back from time to time!

Up the Irons!

[!--quoteo(post=132569:date=Mar 20 2006, 07:38 PM:name=juju)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(juju @ Mar 20 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]132569[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Well we can't say that tickets are selling very fast. none shows are sold out (or close to), except in Scandinavia. and I suspect that some are not selling very well so far (barcelona, Paris, ...)
[/quote]

For some reason, the tempo in most of Europe is slower than in Scandinavia. I suspect there is some "foul" play involved in Scandinavia, or that the presale policies are somewhat different than from the rest of the continent, but that is just speculation. I have difficulty believing that countries in which Maiden enjoy a huge and loyal fanbase like France and Spain have trouble selling their only gig in those countries- be real.
Also, the tickets are indeed selling very fast. Most major rock acts have their tickets on sale for months before selling them out, and this is considered a huge success. I doubt there will be much left of the Maiden tickets by the end of April.

[!--quoteo(post=132616:date=Mar 21 2006, 04:56 AM:name=Saqib09)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Saqib09 @ Mar 21 2006, 04:56 AM) [snapback]132616[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
60 Euro right?
[/quote]

Read the thread please.

i travelled to paris - parc des princes gig last year and i bought my tickets at reasonable price (67 euro for the most expensive category) via web ticket seller. but i saw on various ticket selling websites horrible prices - 140, 160 euros for that tickets!

[!--quoteo(post=132627:date=Mar 21 2006, 09:05 AM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 21 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]132627[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
...I have difficulty believing that countries in which Maiden enjoy a huge and loyal fanbase like France and Spain have trouble selling their only gig in those countries- be real. ...
... I doubt there will be much left of the Maiden tickets by the end of April. [/quote]

me too. you forgot italy and greece. i think its the same situaton.

remember these tour dates are planned for winter 2006 (november, december) and its only march!
i think this is the first time Maiden tickets are on sale for such a long period before gig.

[!--quoteo(post=132632:date=Mar 21 2006, 09:54 AM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Mar 21 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]132632[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
you forgot italy and greece. i think its the same situaton.
[/quote]

Erm... I did not forget any country. I just mentioned two random ones.

ok just a quick note, Juju's post really threw me off because I was thinking... "i didn't write this!" going of the Avatar than I saw it wasn't me. Jeje, Juju, you have good taste [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Back