Why i love maiden

A

Anonymous

I always used to be one of those type of people who sterotyped ALOT, only being 17 at the moment, at the age of 12-13 i used to hate rock, i kinda associated all rock with slip knot etc.. wich was a big big mistake, one of my m8s brought maiden round whilst we wherre just chillin, i kinda got moanin about it because well i thought they where going to be useless, he put on one song for me, (dance of death) and well i just fell for them stright away, he then played no more lies (What a song!!!) and well i just kinda rele got into them then, and ever since 14-15 iv been obbsesed with rock expanding my horizons to new places, i have now become obbsesed wiv maiden, metalica, judas preist, oh and well steve vai and joe satriani etc..

I found that once i started to play the guitar been doing so for 2 years now since i been listnin to rock it has really really helped me to appreciate the music, because thats what most of it is about for me is being able to appreciate the talent and the genuisness behind iron maiden etc, not only do they sound great but the perform great and well they are just 10/10 over all!

When i listen to them its kind of like im in another world, its almost like an anti depressant in a way, although i very very rarley get stressed [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] you kinda just tune out of realilty and focus on somthing soo natural and fluent and its amazing,

Just wanted to share my iron maiden experience with other fellow fans [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I know what you mean, well heres my maiden story

I was in grade 7 and I was getting bullied like hell, people made fun of me all the time and I was always alone. I was playing an online game called Starcraft one day and a member of my clan was talking about Maiden, I told him I had never heard em and he gave me a link to their site so I could listen to some of the clips. The first song I turned on was Aces High and instantly I said "Holy shit, this band is amazing!".

The next week I went to HMV and bought Edward The Great (I was looking for Powerslave because Aces High had become my favorite song, but it wasnt there). Right from the starting drum beats of Run To The Hills to Bruce's screams of "SCREAM FOR ME" at the end of Fear Of The Dark I was entranced, I had never heard such an amazing band.

In grade 8 I made friends with another Maiden fan and I went from being a loner to being quite popular, Ill honestly say, I went from being depressed 24/7 to being happy all the time, Maiden saved my life.

Up The Irons, and METAL FOR LIFE

I was like ten years old, when I first heard The Trooper, I felt in love with that song, and then, I started buying all the CD's, the first one I bought was Piece of Mind, then I bought Number of the Beast, and I started seeing that the lyrics made a lot of sense unlike all the bands that were played in the radio at the moment, I love Iron Maiden because it was the first true metal band I've ever heard. Then when I was 16 I joined to a band and did the vocals, I was quite amazed when I started to see all the tones Bruce can reach, oh yeah, UP THE IRONS!

Heres my story:

A while back, I was playing the game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. On one of the radio stations in the game, they play 2 minutes to midnight. I really liked 2 minutes to midnight, and checked the game manual to find out which band played the song. The game manual said "2 minutes to midnight, Iron Maiden, by Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith". Yet, 2 minutes to midnight didn't hook me into Maiden, it was just my introdution to Maiden. A couple months passed by. One day at my cousins house, my cousin was listening to his portable cd player. Even though he was using headphones, I was able to hear a very catchy riff/melody that caught my ear's attention. After my cousin finished using his cd player, I decided to give that song a listen. It was the greatest thing I had ever heard. After the song ended, I immediately re-played it. The thing that stood out the most about the song was the dual guitar harmony and the incredible vocals. I asked my cousin "who is this, and what band is this?". He replied "Iron Maiden,-The Trooper". A few days passed by, and the dual guitar harmony from The Trooper was still stuck in my head. So I thought "well, 2 minutes to midnight is a great song, The Trooper is a great song, so I guess I'll investigate Iron Maiden a little more". I found the tracklist for Edward the Great, and downloaded the songs from the tracklist and burned them into a cd. I gave the cd a listen, and loved every second of it. After I was able to pile up some money, I headed down to the store, looking to purchase my first two Maiden albums. I noticed one album that had cool Egyptian artwork, and decided to pick that one up. Then I found another one with some creepy looking zombie in a mental institute, and noticed that The Trooper was in that album, so I picked that one up as well. I walked out the store with Powerslave and Piece of Mind. However, I got home and noticed that that someone had somehow stolen the Piece of Mind CD (it was just the CD case), so I returned to the store to exchange it, but they where out of Piece of Mind copies, so I picked up Somewhere In Time. After my first Maiden purchase, I turned to a Maiden freak.

I have another comment. I did mention that I downloaded Maiden songs to make sure if I really liked Maiden or not. I believe that in this case, it was fine to download songs, because the songs that I downloaded convined me that Maiden was worth the money. I have gone on to spend hundreds of dollars on Maiden albums, DVD's, and shirts.

Sweet nice maiden story's, but they are just amazing and no other word, i think the song wich totally got me intranced in maiden was Blood Brothers, the homronic solo from about 4:30 min to the end is just amazing!!!!

then again there is very very little if nothing wich i can say bad about maiden they are just pure quality!,

p.s read ma lyrics [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That is a really nice story, InspiredByMaiden, and I hope you will keep your love for Maiden.
However, I really kindly ask you to change your writing style a bit. We are not speaking face-to-face here, so it would be really nice if you distinguised between the way you write and the way you speak. Just a polite request, nothing serious or personal [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Astonishing how all these "conversion" stories are strickingly similar. I've told mine before but it was also just casually listening to maiden and being completely floored by one of their songs, honestly only Maiden has been able to do that right off the bat to me.... the Trans-Siberian Orchestra comes close though [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

how many of us were introduced to maiden by that GTA game...I know I was

Summer, 1982. I was 11 years old. MTV was less than one year old, and didn't have a wide selection of videos to play. If you watched it for a few hours, you would literally see every video they had. And I did watch it for hours at a time, every morning before I went outside in the afternoon. So every morning I saw the video for "Run To The Hills". I can't say I 'fell in love' with Maiden right away (at the time, I was more into AC/DC and Van Halen) but I did have a favorable opinion of them. I had a friend whose older brother had their albums, so we used to sneak into his bedroom and listen to them.

A few years later, it was Powerslave that really got me. A friend played it for me after he'd attended a World Slavery concert, and he also showed me the concert program. That got me really interested in Maiden. I went out and bought their latest album, which at that time was Live After Death. I listened to that album several times a day, every single day during the summer of 1986. I used to point the speakers out the window and blast Maiden through the whole neighborhood so I could listen to it while I was outside. The only annoyance was having to run back inside every 25 minutes to flip the record over. I've been hooked since.

Ah, what the hell... here I go again.

It was religion class, and we were discussing the dangers of satanism. We had just read a book on the subject (interestingly enough, I later read a review by a cleric who said that the book is utter bullshit), and the teacher wanted to present to us some examples of satanist culture. He handed out a sheet with printed, translated lyrics on them, which, in English, would begin with "I left alone... my mind was blank...", popped in a tape and I heard what must have been the greatest thing I ever heard at that time. The singer was great, the guitars sounded incredible, the song stuck in my head for days.
When my brother came to me a few weeks later and told me "Hey, I've got some songs by a cool band called 'Iron Maiden'", I urged him to play them immediately. He gave me a copy of NOTB (a copied copy) and I had that thing playing almost infinitely. Later, it was the same with BNW, and while I loved NOTB, it was really BNW that got me hooked. To be precise, it was Dream Of Mirrors and The Nomad that got me hooked. The guitar solos! The lyrics! That whacky cover! I proceeded to download some songs and eventually got a used LP copy of the first album- I was shocked at first but I liked it. Then I got FOTD and the wheel started to turn. Ironically, the two albums I didn't really care for when I got them are now my favourites- SSOASS and TXF.

Here goes my story, I liked listening to music, but I never had a band to say I liked. I never owned a single CD, didn't have a single song downloaded. Then one night I was over at my friend's house and we had an air guitar band on the go. We were listening to a mix CD with plenty of Maiden on it. I think the first song I heard was Rainmaker (ya I'm a n00b) and it amazed me, the chorus was in my head for weeks. Then I heard NOTB and it also amazed me I had to ask who is this band? So next time I was at the store I looked into this Iron Maiden, and found they had two of their CDs there, NOTB and Powerslave. Well I already knew a few of the songs on NOTB and they were good, but I had heard from my friend that Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight were great songs. So then came the deciding factor, NOTB costed more so I got Powerslave. It was great, I started listening to it almost constantly and I finally had a band to call my favorite. Now I think I'm the biggest Maiden fan where I live.

[!--QuoteBegin-brother_of_the_7th_son+Dec 3 2005, 10:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(brother_of_the_7th_son @ Dec 3 2005, 10:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]how many of us were introduced to maiden by that GTA game...I know I was
[snapback]124505[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I wasn't, because I'd got into Maiden by another video game, Carmaggeddon 2: Carpocalypse NOW. It was the ideal soundtrack choice by the game developers because it was packed full of adrenaline so that as you're driving a dalek at over 100mph running over clowns and sheep you'd have.. "Ruuuun.. Live to FLYYYYYYYYYy".

After that I found out who Maiden were, and nicked a couple of 12" albums from my sisters collection, NotB and NPftD. Both still blow me away today, and it's a testament to Maiden's brilliant-ness (that gramatically correct SMX?) that NotB stood the test of about 20 years before I heard it, and about 12 years for NPftD.

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Dec 4 2005, 06:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Dec 4 2005, 06:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]brilliant-ness
[snapback]124569[/snapback]​
[/quote]

brilliance [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I myself don't have much of a Maiden story. I heard about Maiden from that Weezer song, Teenage Dirtbag, and one day my bro got BNW and I listened to Blood Brothers and I was hooked.

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Dec 4 2005, 06:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Dec 4 2005, 06:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I heard about Maiden from that Weezer song, Teenage Dirtbag
[snapback]124570[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Wheetus? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't have much of a Maiden story either. My friend who I had always seen as a freak told me to listen to a band called Iron Maiden, Hallowed be thy name. He sent me the mp3 on msn messenger. I heard it a couple of times and thought it was nothing special. Over the next couple of weeks, it got stuck in my head and I listened to it more and more. I downlaoded a few more of their tracks, at the start it was the most popular ones, like The Trooper and 2MTM. I didn't think much of Maiden, at times even confusing them with Metallica. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In my local record store there was a section of reduced albums. I saw "Fear of the Dark" for £5 and bought it. Playing it constantly for the next month, I decided to buy more Maiden albums untill I had them all (except from In Profile and Rock in Rio)

This story is proff that mp3 files can be good if used in the correct way. To promote music as a sample, not as a free alternative to buying the CD.

ref: wiker man,

that was exactly how i felt i had never really had a favorite band etc.. untill i listend to maiden and then iv had a favorite band

I guess when Iron Maiden really struck me was when I was twelve. We had some website where we could watch videoclips online. So what I was viewing was No More Lies. I saw storytelling Bruce standing before the crowd and suddenly the sound breaks loose. Powerful chorus and at once I was stunned, while the instrumentals were playing Bruce climbed into the scaffolding.

After that I was still listening to Metallica but when I bought FotD I stopped buying Metallica and started buying Iron Maiden.

Well here's my little story: about 2,5 years ago, at the time, i listened to real crappy music and my music havn't really been appreciated in my class. I got into Maiden when I heard Paschendale ( My brother had bought the album). I thought it sounded amazing and I had never heard a song like that. I got obsessed with Maiden and bought every thing with Maiden ´that I could afford. My classmates didn't like Maiden at all ( or they do, they just won't admit it I don't know) and they like using statements like they're the biggest fags in history and thats how it been for the past 2 years. But I have stuck with Maiden and I don't really care what other people in my class thinks, they are just a bunch of wannabe- nazi and rockers who don't know a shit about music. But I'm really happy when listening to Maiden and will never stop doing it.

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Dec 4 2005, 07:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Dec 4 2005, 07:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Wheetus? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[snapback]124571[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Actually, Wheatus. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'a' instead of 'e'.

I was just at a boyfriend's house and he put on Visions Of The Beast cos we was bored.
Hooked ever since.

[!--QuoteBegin-Pblic enemy nmbr 1+Dec 15 2005, 04:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pblic enemy nmbr 1 @ Dec 15 2005, 04:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]...they are just a bunch of wannabe-nazi and rockers
[snapback]125143[/snapback]​
[/quote]Oh dear, you mean being a nazi is much like being a rocker, a fashion thing? [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

For those who want to know how I got into Maiden, [post=112780]here[/post] is an answer of some kind. As to why I love Maiden, that's worth a rant that I might post some other time [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-charlotte+Dec 15 2005, 03:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(charlotte @ Dec 15 2005, 03:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Oh dear, you mean being a nazi is much like being a rocker, a fashion thing? [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]125148[/snapback]​
[/quote]

no they ARE both wannabe nazi and they are wannabe rocker becouse they listen to band like slipkot but they don't know a shit about music or the bands they're into. Well, if you ever meet them, you'll see my point. The nazi thing, well you know...missguided teens.

Back