Who would you like to see supporting Maiden in 2011?

I'm a huge Iron Maidens fan as well, but I wouldn't want to see a tribute band opening. Some bands I would love to see:
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Helloween
Dragonforce
Halford/Judas Priest. If it was JP, that could be a co-headliner.
Lacuna Coil
Avenged Sevenfold
Stratovarious

rob has mentioned a few times that he would love to see a jp/maiden/sabbath tour

Don Dokken said:
rob has mentioned a few times that he would love to see a jp/maiden/sabbath tour
As much as I would LOVE to see that, it might result in bruised egos. Maiden of course would have to headline. Having witnessed Sabbath and Priest live, and as much of a fan I am of both bands, they just don't compare. Maiden would wipe the stage with both bands nightly...

For IM, JP, and BS, have no other bands and start the concert extra early and have all 3 bands play full 90 minute sets and take turns headlining. It could be done because when they used to have Taste Of Chaos and Sounds Of The Underground, there were 15 bands and they started it at around 2PM and it went on all night.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I'm a huge Iron Maidens fan as well, but I wouldn't want to see a tribute band opening. Some bands I would love to see:
Iced Earth
Halford/Judas Priest. If it was JP, that could be a co-headliner.
Avenged Sevenfold
These would be my top 3 choices.

Avenged Sevenfold opened for them on many shows on the 2008 tour. I thought they were nothing special. Their openers in Norway this year, Dark Tranquility, were so much more exciting. My neck was actually starting to get tired half-way during their set, and I was hoarse before Maiden got on stage  :D

Dream Theater, which you North Americans had now in 2010, would also be great. But I'm also looking forward to seeing Alice Cooper.

Eddies Wingman said:
Avenged Sevenfold opened for them on many shows on the 2008 tour.

In Paris, they were only not booed offstage because they didn't give a shit. The audience hated them.

Well, Maiden fans often have good taste.

Though I have heard some songs off the new album, it wasn't bad.

Invader said:
I'm seeing them headline in ten days, with Stratovarius as support.   :rocker:  Helloween and Megadeth both deserve to be the main act and play a full show, they shouldn't be opening even for such a great band as Maiden.  Of course, I wouldn't object if they decided to do that, but at the moment I'm quite satisfied with the opener I'll be getting at my show: Alice Cooper. :)

Cool. I have seen Helloween three times, always in relation - either directly or indirectly- with Maiden.

In 1996 they headlined a show -> opener Skunkworks (Bruce Dickinson)
In 1998 they opened for Maiden
In 2001 they headlined a show -> opener Blaze

That's cool too. :) I thought you saw them in 07 with Gamma Ray too, but seems I was mistaken.

BillyTheBoxer said:
Enforcer or White Wizzard would be pretty kick ass. They both play traditional heavy metal, and have that classic sound. :rocker:

That would be cool.Both bands could get the crowd warmed up!  :edmetal:

BillyTheBoxer said:
Enforcer or White Wizzard would be pretty kick ass. They both play traditional heavy metal, and have that classic sound. :rocker:
i like WW but thier videos suck. alot.

No one. I'd love to see the band playing 2 sets, but it won't happen due to the kind of performance they do.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Taste Of Chaos
brings back memories  :)
personally i wouldnt be too damaged if there wasnt one... and would have preferred it to sweet savage in july  :S that was awful
id be happy with Alice cooper continuing a bit. Priests doing a farewell tour around that time so a support slot in my eyes is unlikely
  in flames are with them at NOVA festival so heres to hoping they get talking about the rest of the tour  :ok:

Back