Who will be recording shows in 2016?

Dr. Demonic

Prowler
Please let us know what show(s) of The Book Of Souls tour you are planning to record and what format it will be (audio / video).
But only if you are willing to share or trade. :bigsmile:
Thank you in advance.

I don't know why it's necessary either.

And with streaming and recordings from the band becoming more and more popular, why do traders even want that? Who wants to sit through a shaky video with shit sound? You're going to get pro shot footage from this tour no matter what, whether the band releases a DVD or not, something is going to be streamed or recorded in some format.

Whatever. I'm counting on Ft. Lauderdale crowd to capture some quality footage and post it ASAP :p Full gig would be bloody amazing.

Hey guys.
This thread is about who will be taping on the next tour.

It's NOT about what is annoying at shows or how crappy some (video) recordings are.
I can absolutely agree with you on these points, but it's simply not about that.
It's all about information, not discussion..........

Hey guys.
This thread is about who will be taping on the next tour.

It's NOT about what is annoying at shows or how crappy some (video) recordings are.
I can absolutely agree with you on these points, but it's simply not about that.
It's all about information, not discussion..........
How about lists? Can I start listing shit, is that okay?

This thread and all thread on Maidenfans are about what the community wants to discuss. OP gets no special rights on this forum: you get to start the topic, but you don't get to rule over what it becomes.
I don't want to rule anything. I just think that this topic should be about taping infos, that's all.
Of course everybody can post whatever they want. It just would be nice to have only topic related replies.

If it wasn't for people who record entire shows, then those of us who can't attend a show have to wait for a stream or official release from the band. And with the right equipment, bootlegs can come out looking and sounding really amazing. Sometimes they actually sound better than official live releases. And when videos on youtube are put on this site, I don't see any of you complaining about watching them and most of you say you enjoy seeing them so you really shouldn't be complaining about people who record the shows. They sacrifice their full pleasure and enjoyment of the show so you can at least get an idea of what it's like to be there especially if you can't make it to a show. So, I personally thank those who do take the time to record these shows. And especially to those who do what's called Peri-scoping shows which is an app for smartphones that lets you stream video live to anyone who wants to watch it. I really look forward to being able to watch shows live right as Maiden plays. Well, that's how I see this subject and I can't wait to see and hear some footage from some of next year's performances.

Bollocks. I'd swap 99% of every dumb piece of YouTube shitfootage out there right now for smartphone-free concerts. Multiple people with phones are absolutely killing the atmosphere at most gigs. It's different for you guys in the US, you already sit for most shows anyway...

Last edited:
Even if I had the means to see every single show on this tour live in person, it'd still be a waste to spend one whole show with my phone in the air recording it.

Travis is conflating two, in my opinion, separate things. Pro-shot footage (i.e. the classic "bootleg") & multiple recordings from handheld smartphone-holding fans of the same concert. To me, these are two different things. One decent audio & visual bootleg is all that is required surely? I have no wish to see this recorded from row Z of the O2 by Billy nae mates where he cuts off the ends of tracks & I can hear him screaming "H! H! I fuckin' love you H! Whooooo!'...

Just no.

Last edited:
Well either way, I still enjoy seeing footage of tours I'm not able to attend and none of it is ever going to change so complaining about it is pointless. And I've seen some pretty decent footage shot on an iPhone in 1080p and actually looked and sounded pretty good. Yes, some of it is as bad as you describe Cried, but there is also some good stuff out there. Like I said though, we can complain all we want, but it's never going to change.

Well either way, I still enjoy seeing footage of tours I'm not able to attend...
I'm not saying you can't enjoy it.
And I've seen some pretty decent footage shot on an iPhone in 1080p and actually looked and sounded pretty good.
Do we need ten versions of the same thing though?
Like I said though, we can complain all we want, but it's never going to change.
Never? Hardly.

I like multiple versions since some look and sound better than others and by never going to change, I mean that there will always be people who will record concerts with their phones and put them on youtube. Hey, it's all good. :)

Videoing from tiered seating areas gets in the way of fewer people than the whole phones-in-the-air thing in standing areas. A sea of people - usually 6ft+ guys - with their phone in the air for long periods not only blocks views but also means more of the crowd is standing still. I've even seen iPads above heads. :censored:

Back