Who are your second favourite metal band?

Forostar said:
"Ram It Down - Never mind."
Hehehe, well. The drums on this album are very bad computer simulated drums in my ears. The crappy tracks on this album are terrible. If I was in the band I would have dumped the ideas of Love Zone, Come And Get It & Love You To Death immediately into the trash can.
I totally agree with you, I hated the processed drum sounds of Ram It Down. Especially the cheesy intro of Love Zone. :bigsmile: But on repeated listening I got used to it and have began to appreciate the songs more. Funnily enough now, Love Zone has become my favourite track off the album next to the title track. :blush:

I don't mind Ram it Down as much as I do Jugulator. The only song off there that I can remotely stand is Cathedral Spires. On the other hand, I absolutely ADORE Ram it Down (the song). Wait, I think I've mentioned this before....but hey, Ram it Down deserves as many mentions as I can give it  :innocent:.

Natalie said:
I don't mind Ram it Down as much as I do Jugulator. The only song off there that I can remotely stand is Cathedral Spires. On the other hand, I absolutely ADORE Ram it Down (the song). Wait, I think I've mentioned this before....but hey, Ram it Down deserves as many mentions as I can give it  :innocent:.

'Shout it out!  We are together now!
Shout it out!  We come as ooooonneeeee!!!!

Seriously, though, great song...the solos are to die for, especially the synchronised one...Slayer/DragonFarce, eat your heart out; this is how you trade solos and use whammy bar effects without looking like complete tossers!

2nd favourite band ?
I can't really put them in order but 80s Metallica, Megadeth and the great great Judas Priest are bands I listen to (a lot)

elatihc said:
2nd favourite band ?
I can't really put them in order but 80s Metallica, Megadeth and the great great Judas Priest are bands I listen to (a lot)

Really, sometimes I expect to see people using ID3 tags labelled '80's Metallica' and buying CDs in the '80s Metallica' section. :lol:

Raven said:
Really, sometimes I expect to see people using ID3 tags labelled '80's Metallica' and buying CDs in the '80s Metallica' section. :lol:

Well said Raven, to have to classify Metallica down to that level shows how bad of a band they have become (in my opinion). Yes, I love "80's Metallica" and always will, but the last 15 years have dropped them from 2nd place to somewhere outside the top 10 for me. I really love Helloween, them and Megadeth are neck and neck for 2nd place and have been for a while. I just started listening to Avenged Sevenfold and have to say that I am quite impressed with them; I would say they are in my top 5, at least for the moment (they still have staying power to prove). I would recommend, for those that haven't already, to take a listen to "City of Evil", their latest album; you can definitely tell that this is a band that has been heavily influenced by Iron Maiden and British metal as a whole.

i like lots...  sabbath, ozzy, van halen(not van hagar), acdc...  maiden is my favorite band, but my primary fan site that i hit is classic van halen... if anyone belongs there my name is panama's meanstreet...

Priest ! :wub: :yey:

"Run Of The Mill" is amazing, one of my favourite songs if not my favourite. A lot of their songs if not all of them, are so special to me. I actually like "Demolition" a lot. The solo in "Hell is Home" is out of this world [I think so anyway]. 

:wub:

NP: JP ~ Touch Of Evil

While Iron Maiden takes a clear first place, the second place is shared by a great number of bands, some of which are

Judas Priest
King Diamond
Death
Megadeth
Metallica
AC/DC
Invocator
Rainbow
Pantera
Black Sabbath

I did find Cathedral Spires reminiscent of Sign Of The Cross, with some vaguely resembling end of the world themes, tone of sound, and the like. Now Judas Priest is my favorite band along with Maiden Of Course. After a while, my 2nd favorite band ever is probably Bruce Dickinson. JERRRRUUUUUUSSSAAAALEEEEEEEM!

Mmm.....Donuts: your signature is great. I also :wub: Sabbath, Ozzy & Halford.
Anyone here like Pentagram? Where's the headbanger smiley thing?

Wow, tough call.

Hmm...well.  Lots of great bands to choose from.  Sabbath, Dio, Priest...but I would choose Iced Earth.  Followed by Dio, then Priest.

LooseCannon said:
Wow, tough call.

Hmm...well.  Lots of great bands to choose from.  Sabbath, Dio, Priest...but I would choose Iced Earth.  Followed by Dio, then Priest.

As much as I like Iced Earth, the remake of Something Wicked has to be heard to be believed...atrocity does not begin to describe it, and not because Owens is on vocals...it's as much Schaffer's fault.

Raven said:
As much as I like Iced Earth, the remake of Something Wicked has to be heard to be believed...atrocity does not begin to describe it, and not because Owens is on vocals...it's as much Schaffer's fault.

I agree, but that does not diminish the general quality of the band.

Wait...what?!  They *remade* Something Wicked?!

I've been out of the music scene for awhile.  Schaffer did WHAT?!

Back