Which song(s) contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s) on: 12. Brave New World

Vote for the song(s) with your favourite guitar solo(s)!

• The Wicker Man

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Ghost Of The Navigator

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Blood Brothers

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • The Mercenary

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Dream Of Mirrors

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The Fallen Angel

• The Nomad

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Out Of The Silent Planet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Winner of the Virtual XI-era: The Clansman.
This song will go to the final.

Finalists:
1. Phantom Of The Opera
2. Prodigal Son
3. The Number Of The Beast
4. The Trooper
5. Powerslave
6. Stranger In A Strange Land
7. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
8. Mother Russia
9. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
10. Sign Of The Cross
11. The Clansman

We'll continue with chapter 12!
Next era: Brave New World!

Janick's solo in Ghost Of The Navigator is one of my absolute favourites. People often praise his calmer, slower solos, but this one is quite aggressive. It hits the nail on the head, so to speak. I love those sharp high notes, which he only can make. They not only go through the ears but also through the heart. I'll give the second vote a... second thought.

In case you guys want to know what's going on here, please do read on:

-------

1. You may cast 1 or 2 votes on the song(s) which contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s). The winner* will come back in the final where all albums will be represented by the strongest songs (solo-wise that is)!

2. In this poll the word solo may be interpreted as broad as you like. E.g., the lead guitars / harmonies / licks (whatever you like to call them) in Iron Maiden & Running Free are imho not really solos since they are repetitive motives, but you can still vote for these tracks in case you like these moments better than others.

3. I will also do the B-sides, so when an album title is mentioned in the subject, this should be interpreted as the "era of that album", not only the album songs themselves.

4. Every poll will run for one week.

5. Only studio tracks.

Last but not least: Thanks a lot in advance for your contribution!  :ok:

*In case of a tie, a tiebreak will be done to select one song for the final.

Janick's solo in Blood Brothers is brilliant; but the solos in The Nomad are also perfect for the song.  I chose both. :)

My favourite solos on this album are distributed between my favourite songs and the least favourite ones. The Fallen Angel and The Mercenary aren't that great songs in my ears, but they have good solos. Still, I'm weak for Adrian's solo in The Wicker Man, and the other two amigos' efforts on Blood Brothers.

These two songs are my chosen ones.

Foro's choice isn't bad either, I actually think all Janick's solos on this album are good, and Ghost of the Navigator is among the better. Honorable mention to Brave New World as well.

Blood Brothers will get a vote, Janicks solo is class.

I would've voted for The Nomad but after the whole Becket saga whilst the solo's are still good the extended instrumental with the solo over the top which was the highlight of them it's been copied makes me appreciate it less. Brave New World's got a good couple as well as The Fallen Angel (good triple!) which is a underrated track.

Meh, Blood Brothers and The Fallen Angel.

Ghost and Nomad.
Not the slow interlude thingy, but the awesome middle eastern solos in the middle.

Dream Of Mirrors
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Honourable mentions to Janick's amazing solos on Brave New World and Out Of The Silent Planet. Anthologic.

Back