What The Hell Were You Thinking?

Albie

Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.
Not sure if this has been done, but what about the Maiden items you have had that you (for whatever reason) got rid of - then you’re full of regret for making such a crass decision.

I have a few:

1. Many years ago, I saw them live at the Rainbow; outside was a massive poster advertising the gig. I ripped this from the wall (in one piece albeit without two of its corners) and folded it into my jacket pocket. After many years, I still had it until - a few years ago. I got rid of a load of stuff - and I think this went with it. I still try and convince myself its remains in my loft, but hold very little hope.

2. A killers back patch, again over twenty years old. Sold it on eBay and it went for a few quid and it was at that point I thought - WHY?

3. Once I got their early stuff on CD, I ditched/sold/lost all the old vinyl I had of theirs, some real rarities I had too. Again, I will never know why I did this.

One piece of vinyl I had was Running Free, but the version on the single was the version found on Eddies BBC archive (i.e. produced by Tony Wilson as opposed to Will Malone), the b-side Burning Ambition was as is. I have never been quite sure if this was an official release/mistake/bootleg but it did, I am sure, have an EMI label. Regardless of this, I no longer have it. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

Back