What the fuck ever happened to the true spirit of rock? (use of backing tracks)

Casualties of Cool is a collaboration between him and the female singer from Ki. Has a classic Country/Rockabilly influence but with the Devin twist.

The Casualties record is awesome IMHO - it's weird/adventurous/creepy/spacey/chill/country. I haven't really heard anything like it. I listened to it recently on the way home from the airport at 2am when no-one else was on the road. Captured that surreal nighttime vibe perfectly.

It has a great atmosphere to it. Some of Devin's recent albums have been lacking in that department.

Bonus disc is also good! That's the best part about being a Devin fan. When he puts out a new album, it's really two albums. There's always a bonus disc that ends up sounding just as good as the main album.

No doubt! I can't even listen to Epicloud without disk 2. Seems like that's where he puts his more adventurous stuff recently. The new album is pretty good, but I'm really curious to hear the bonus CD for that one.

I noticed that he has a keyboardist (Mike St. Jean) on stage now so I wonder if that will help with things & the realism factor. When I saw him last, it was full on 'laptop metal'. I felt bad for him though, because he has such crazy layered stuff, yet he's obviously on a budget (can't hire a bunch of extra folks on stage)...so he's kinda stuck in a way.

I saw Rival Sons with Black Sabbath a couple of weeks ago and they have a good classic rock and hard rock vibe. They also employ keyboards which makes them remind me of Deep Purple a little

Back