What metal band are you?

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
What metal band are you?

My Results:
Iced Earth

You are Iced Earth!  Your music stems from classic heavy metal with slight thrash roots.  You love melody in your music, and you definitely love adding the element of fantasy with reality when you write your songs.  Rhythm speed, heaviness, and melody are what you`re all about!

Humm, I ended up as Iced Earth too, even though I answered that I didn't like lineup changes, but if necessary I'd let a member go for the sake of the band  :p

Could it be that everyone on this board ends up as Iced Earth?

Well I'm Iced Earth too.  I think if you choose the "I try to avoid line up changes,  but will make them if necessary for the band's sake" you are automatically IE.  :p

I did another round with vastly different answers, and it still came out as Iced Earth.

SneakySneaky said:
Well I'm Iced Earth too.  I think if you choose the "I try to avoid line up changes,  but will make them if necessary for the band's sake" you are automatically IE.  :p

Well, you could always end up as Megadeth too ... speaking of that, what big metal bands have done the most lineup changes relative to the number of studio albums? Which band has the longest run of albums without changes? (For Maiden, we all know the number is 4 - Piece of Mind, Powerslave, SIT, SSOASS - what's it like for other big metal bands? Something for the trivia freaks).

I got Iced Earth as well - however, I did it a second time with real crap answers (like I am depressed and deeply religious) and got Opeth.

Opeth You are Opeth!  You are very poetic with your lyrics, and your music flows like a waterfall.  Your emotions change from angry to sad very quickly.  Some people don't like you because you can sound too depressing.  You're one of the best metal bands in the world, and you worship your fans!

Eddies Wingman said:
Which band has the longest run of albums without changes?

For metal:

Just off the top of my head, the original Sabbath lineup did 8 albums before Ozzy left. (9 if you count Live At Last.)

I suspect some other band somewhere has done more, but I don't know the answer offhand.

Non-metal:

U2 has never changed their lineup, and they're at 11 albums now. (One of those, Rattle And Hum, was part live.)

Rush has had the same lineup since their second album. That's 17 studio albums (plus 7 live and one EP).

Golden Earring has done 27 albums since their last lineup change in 1970, but some of those are live (not sure how many). Since Golden Earring is currently the world's oldest band (longest time continually performing with no breakup, since 1963), they probably hold the record among internationally well-known bands.

The were through Empire.  I can't remember which album that DeGarmo left on, but it may have been just after Promise Land.

I liked Mindcrime II, but I think they missed DeGarmo on that one.

Wasted155 said:
The were through Empire.  I can't remember which album that DeGarmo left on, but it may have been just after Promise Land.

I liked Mindcrime II, but I think they missed DeGarmo on that one.

right he left after Hear in the Now Frontier thus after Promised Land

and yes, DeGarmo is missing everywhere

Invader said:
Iced Earth.  Damn, I wanted to be different!

:lol: you are *all* different

I win, You Guys Suck!! :p

Iron Maiden

You`re Iron Maiden! You`re a legend in the music industry. Your legacy has lasted close to 25 years. You`re all about moderation...never too much of anything, but never too little. You`ve always remained true to metal, and the people love you for it. Up the irons!
;)

In my opinion the paragraph above is the perfect way to describe Maiden.

____no5 said:
Death ? I don't get it  :blink: I don't want to be Death, I want to be IE, I'm not different  :uhm:
How did you get Death? I mean, what responses did you give to get that and what did they say about Death?

As I said, I told them I was massively depressed and deeply religious and got Opeth - but I was just messing with it!

let's check it again  :)

I don`t really have an opinion about it. I just do what I feel like.
Clean
Teach myself
Melody
Weird
I am spiritual, but not religious
I like variety, line up changes rule
Symbolic
I like some of them
Guitar
Threaten them
I like some metal but not all of it

Death

You are Death! You are one of the key inventors of modern day death metal. With every album you`ve always gotten better. You`re well respected in the music industry. The metal world wept when your band creator passed away from a brain tumor. Symbolism is an important property in your music.

Back