What is the coolest cover-/tribute version of a Maiden song you've ever heard?

This is a cover of "Sun and Steel", but it's reinterpreted as a pretty acoustic song with a female singer. There's a weird contrast between the harsh lyrics about death and how upbeat and pleasant this version sounds.

This is a mash-up rather than a cover, but I think it still counts. It combines "Revelations" with Bob Marley's "Exodus". The end result is seamless - it sounds like these songs were made for each other.

Definitely I truly love Fear of the Dark by Demonios. It became kind of a ballad that reminds me a little bit of the Scorpions. The voice of the singer has some Klaus Meine vibes as well

I watched a fantastic keyboard version of Dance Of Death yesterday, it made me appreciate the original more! Just wow!

Testament's cover of Powerslave is pretty awesome. It's a perfect cover in my eyes, doesn't stray too far from the original, but has enough of their own take on it to not feel like a copy. Chuck's vocals work surprisingly well considering his style is very different from Bruce's, and Alex's solo might be better than Adrian's.

Gotta wave the Finnish flag just a little bit.

Their covers of The Trooper and Run to the Hills are alright too.
I watched a fantastic keyboard version of Dance Of Death yesterday, it made me appreciate the original more! Just wow!

This is quite neat! I guess most songs out there sound good on piano/keyboards when played by a solid player, but the melodic and dramatic nature of Maiden songs just fits piano arrangements incredibly well. Dance of Death, For the Greater Good of God, Hell on Earth... those melody lines sound so magnificent on piano.

Last edited:
Back