What goodies for the POM 40th anniversary do you expect to be released?

Probably nothing. I am always amazed by their reluctance to dig into the archives. The Early Days DVD was so good and it gave me hope of future outstanding archival releases. Sadly nothing has really come close to it. Maybe the stuff is just not there.
I keep hearing from different sources Steve has all this stuff in the archive but all we ever get is stuff thats been readily available to us fans for years. So either its not true or theyre being lazy or they are waiting till they retire to release some of this stuff.

What stuff do you think seems realistic they'll come up with in context to the 40th anniversary of POM? I mean, the party already has started by a few shirts in the official store (the grey one is really nice, ordered mine yesterday), but I was wondering how realistic some audio release would be. I personally don't need a cassette, but a big vinyl thingy like the triple Beast last year would be something I'd definitely go for. As far as I know there is no unreleased/lost track about the official POM release like it was with Total Eclipse in 1982, but there's an interesting bootleg recorded - again - at Hammy, which I think is far superior to Dortmund.

Speaking about Dortmund '83: From time to time the release of "the Dortmund gig in it's entireity" has been debated though I'm not even sure if they really played a full set according to their World Piece Tour setlist back in the day. Did they, or wasn't Dortmund a shortened show?

Anyway, what do you think to expect?
I do wonder whether or not they started the Dortmund show with Where Eagles Dare?

Probably a cassette and a new beer.

But personally, I wish they had a expanded digipack CD and vinyl version
I keep saying but when it comes to things like this Maiden are a lazy band. Maybe not the lads per say but the management or whoever makes these deciscions. They dont release many real what i would call golden nuggets of retro stuff. Its all stuff we've heard before if anything at all. Beast over Hammersmith is about the best thing theyve released like that and even then we didnt need another version of TNOTB. A nice, not too overpriced box set would be good with some rare outakes, footage maybe the 7inches from the album, a vinyl of a POM gig. Just something new and exciting. But thats not gonna happen.

I think people are away with the fairies if they think Maiden have all this stuff from back in the day and just can't be arsed taking the money they would get from releasing it.

I just don't think they do have much of material like outtakes and leftovers and stuff. That's just not the method of them working. I remember an interview that exactly confirmed they don't have rough takes or alternate versions. But sometimes some lost gems are coming up like Bremen January 1981. The full gig (with Charlotte The Harlot and other interesting material) appeared only recently on the web and wasn't released anywhere else before. A very cool document. (The day it was recorded was just getting six years old and lived only a few miles away from the place :lol: . But I became a fan four years later only :bigsmile: )

I just don't think they do have much of material like outtakes and leftovers and stuff. That's just not the method of them working. I remember an interview that exactly confirmed they don't have rough takes or alternate versions. But sometimes some lost gems are coming up like Bremen January 1981. The full gig (with Charlotte The Harlot and other interesting material) appeared only recently on the web and wasn't released anywhere else before. A very cool document. (The day it was recorded was just getting six years old and lived only a few miles away from the place :lol: . But I became a fan four years later only :bigsmile: )

That video was on Youtube before and got taken down pretty quickly, it was released on the Beat Club's own channel, so I suspect it might be something Maiden themselves may put out in future, as you'ld imagine it was Maiden themselves who asked for it to be taken down

That video was on Youtube before and got taken down pretty quickly, it was released on the Beat Club's own channel, so I suspect it might be something Maiden themselves may put out in future, as you'ld imagine it was Maiden themselves who asked for it to be taken down
I think this Bremen 81 full thing is much better than live at the Rainbow, which was recorded only a few dayes earlier. To me the Rainbow video seemed pretty boring ever since. Really great would be a video from Reading 1980 or 1981, but I doubt anything like that exists.

Last edited:
I think this Bremen 81 full thing is much better than live at the Rainbow, which was recorded only a few dayes earlier. To me the Rainbow video seemed pretty boring ever since. Really great would be a video from Reading 1980 or 1981, but I doubt anything like that exists.
This is the setlist I have on my file. Is that the full one? (I think the download went wrong at some point because the last song is cut)
01. Thes Ides of March/ Prowler
02. Sanctuary
03. Phantom of the Opera
04. Iron Maiden
05. Wrathchild
06. Innocent Exile
07. Sanctuary (again)
08. Another Life

EDIT: I have my answer: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/1981/bremen-tv-studio-bremen-germany-43e93387.html Still, the video I have is more generous than the paltry 15' vid available today on YouTube.

Last edited:
This is the setlist I have on my file. Is that the full one? (I think the download went wrong at some point because the last song is cut)
01. Thes Ides of March/ Prowler
02. Sanctuary
03. Phantom of the Opera
04. Iron Maiden
05. Wrathchild
06. Innocent Exile
07. Sanctuary (again)
08. Another Life

EDIT: I have my answer: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/1981/bremen-tv-studio-bremen-germany-43e93387.html Still, the video I have is more generous than the paltry 15' vid available today on YouTube.
No that's the edited version. I'll give you a link to the post I recently shared. So the following should actually lead you to my post that holds the actual link...:
https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/iron-maiden-news-links-and-interviews.19883/post-1001533

Back