What are you more excited about - New Maiden or Bruce? (Poll)

What are you more excited about?

• New Iron Maiden album and tour

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • New Bruce Dickinson album and tour

Votes: 33 42.3%

• Total voters
I'm incredibly thankful Bruce decided to leave Maiden when he did. Because of that, we got all those great albums, and I'd count the lesser-loved albums created during that span of time as things I'm thankful for (Skunkworks, BtP, and yes...even Virtual XI).
Like Bruce said himself: He couldn't have made Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding without making Tattoeed Millionaire, Balls to Picasso and Skunkworks
It's an interesting album to really dig into. I know Bruce at the time cited it as "just another Maiden album,"

Well, at the time he actually praised it as "reinventing the wheel", but hey. You can't market an album by stating something like: "Oh I'm not too convinced about it to be honest".

Like Bruce said himself: He couldn't have made Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding without making Tattoeed Millionaire, Balls to Picasso and Skunkworks

Well, at the time he actually praised it as "reinventing the wheel", but hey. You can't market an album by stating something like: "Oh I'm not too convinced about it to be honest".
I'd have to go back and see what he'd said at the time of actual release, rather than what he was quoted as saying in the official biography (that it was "just another Maiden album"). I imagine that quote was taken after he'd left, and just about every interview he had at that time he seemed pretty eager to slag off Maiden.

Back