What are you more excited about - New Maiden or Bruce? (Poll)

What are you more excited about?

• New Iron Maiden album and tour

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • New Bruce Dickinson album and tour

Votes: 33 42.3%

• Total voters
Bruce. A lot more. His collaboration with Roy Z seems very innovatively. The big potential in this context seems that Bruce and Roy seem to listen to each others points of views and consider thinking things over if nescessary, or even more so, it seems they are INTERESTED in what each other has to say or might be thinking or might bring up to the table. With Steve Harris this seems impossible.

New Iron Maiden album??

excited-naughty-kid-gu9hkuqn3xcgdjqg.gif

Bruce. Haven't seen his solo act live since 1997, and his solo catalog is too good to keep it locked up in a closet collecting dust. Even if the new album is lackluster, getting a chance to see him play a full set of his solo material again would be fantastic.

Looks like Maiden is cruising toward a solid win. I thought it would be closer. Personally I voted for Bruce, even though Maiden is my favorite band of all time, barely beating out King Crimson.

Just at this point I’d rather get some new Bruce-Roy Z metal for variety. The Bruce-Roy Z band never really reached its full potential because Maiden keeps Bruce too busy.

But in the end we’ll get both, so it’s win-win.

Hmmmm. From this exact position in time, I'll go Bruce. A large part of that is the prospect of seeing him live. But it's a damn fact that my excitement/interest levels would be x100 if this was a Maiden announcement. Cos Maiden rule, yo.

But yes, I echo others sentiments, I'm really keen to hear what he's cooked up, I enjoy his solo stuff and the collaboration between him and Roy Z. Maidens last 2 albums haven't really set my world alight so the thought of another 90mins of the same doesn't really excite me, right here, right now. That said, I will be buzzing for new Maiden when the rumours begin to gather pace and we get an announcement.

What I'm really keen to hear is Bruce using his voice to the best of its abilities/range. There will be less straining and word salad than with Maiden, more moments of absolute bombastic brilliance of the kind that only Bruce Bruce can deliver.

Bruce. A lot more. His collaboration with Roy Z seems very innovatively. The big potential in this context seems that Bruce and Roy seem to listen to each others points of views and consider thinking things over if nescessary, or even more so, it seems they are INTERESTED in what each other has to say or might be thinking or might bring up to the table. With Steve Harris this seems impossible.

Maiden for me. With respect to Dick Brucinson, while you are probably correct on one level, Roy Z is likely employed by Bruce and his bills paid by Bruce to make these solo albums happen. Not to say Roy Z isn't talented and capable of getting the best out of Bruce and loves it. But he is likely a paid employee in his relationship with Bruce. Even if Bruce has the sense to listen to Roy and be directed by him.

It is true that Steve Harris is almost the George Lucas of his universe (ie. the creator with a sometimes flawed vision many decades later). But I'd still pick out the sheer uniqueness of Maiden's compositions as the bigger draw over Bruce solo.

Senjutsu was far from perfect. But I would hardly call Tyranny of Souls a perfect masterpiece either. These things go in cycles, and the test with Mandrake Project is whether the Bruce/Roy combo is still as magical without Adrian. And without the gut-level desire Bruce had to make a statement to Maiden and to his fans back in the late 90s, when Bruce was still in his late 30s.

Interested as hell to hear new Bruce material, though!!! I hope it doesn't veer too far into 'mad professor in his 60s' territory.

Bruce. I think Maiden are pretty much spent as a creative entity.
You call songs like Senjutsu, Stratego, Writing, Darkest Hour, Parchment, Hell On Earth ''creative spent''? No chance. Neither Maiden nor Bruce have lost the magic imo.
But I'd still pick out the sheer uniqueness of Maiden's compositions as the bigger draw over Bruce solo.

and the test with Mandrake Project is whether the Bruce/Roy combo is still as magical without Adrian. And without the gut-level desire Bruce had to make a statement to Maiden and to his fans back in the late 90s,
I agree, although I think they proved they can still make a great album in the form of TOS (and they didn't have much time to do it). With the new one, they had worked on it since 2015, so it's really curious what Bruce has done after such a long period of time. I expect something special.

Back