Want to make a band that's quite different to Maiden?

Mdo

Prowler
But still really (really!) good. Female vocalist. Only one song and a few parts of others sound like Maiden and every song sounds different too, but what might draw comparisons is music quality. I would call it a rock band if I had to label it but that doesn't really tell you how crazy this music is. Some of it is very mainstream sounding. Some of it not. Some of it might even feel like a glimpse of what Maiden could do with other kinds of music. Need the band though. PM if interested and like all kinds of music, not just cool music, and open to doing things differently. There is some very cool stuff though.

Are you saying that's what you are, or what you want in your band?
It's what I want in the band. I'm looking for some upcoming musicians to take this opportunity. Whichever party provides the vocalist has a good chance of deciding who the rest of the band members are.

Can we hear it?
I haven't actually got it out of my head yet and I'm not sure how the collaboration is going to work. It's the very early stages. For now I'm trying to keep everything under wraps and just work on the music with people who I think are the right people for the band. It'll probably be other songs that I'll show the potential members first because I have to establish some tolerance for other types of music first.

For now I'm trying to keep everything undwraps and just work on the music with people who I think are the right people for the band. It'll probably be other songs that I'll show the potential members first because I have to establish some tolerance for other types of music first.

OK... thanks for telling us you have a song in your head then? Let us know when you're ready to actually make some music.

OK... thanks for telling us you have a song in your head then? Let us know when you're ready to actually make some music.
I have a bunch of songs with the lead parts complete for someone to try to finish off while I transcribe the main parts of the rest. Just not the songs that I think Maiden fans will like more. I'm hoping to find someone to work with who can make the most of this opportunity.

Are you looking for genuine collaboration? Or, are you just looking for someone to complete your songs exactly as you envision them?

Maiden fans have diverse musical tastes. We're already doing a Maiden cover project here, so we don't especially care about trying to sound like Maiden on anything else. If your good stuff doesn't sound like Maiden, who cares? Let's hear it. I can't contribute ideas, let alone more, if you keep it to yourself.

Are you looking for genuine collaboration? Or, are you just looking for someone to complete your songs exactly as you envision them?

Maiden fans have diverse musical tastes. We're already doing a Maiden cover project here, so we don't especially care about trying to sound like Maiden on anything else. If your good stuff doesn't sound like Maiden, who cares? Let's hear it. I can't contribute ideas, let alone more, if you keep it to yourself.
For now I'd prefer to limit the exposure of the music to just people who I think will make the most of the band opportunity and take it all the way. I'm quite confident of my vision of the lead parts but for the other parts I think there is quite a bit of leeway as to how that can be done without impacting the quality much and I want at least one of the band members to do that to feel a sense of music ownership as well and they should be getting full credit for that too.

For now I'd prefer to limit the exposure of the music to just people who I think will make the most of the band opportunity and take it all the way.
This isn't a good idea. With no music to give us an idea of what you're going for there's not much incentive to participate in your project. Personally I don't really have any interest in this because I have no idea what sound you're going for or what the music is like. Hell, I'm not even totally confident that there is music. Secret projects and keeping everything under wraps like you're describing is for well established musicians who have a fan base anticipating material as well as access to other musicians who will be willing to work with them.

There's no such thing as too much exposure for a new artist. Show your music to as many people as you can, especially on the internet. You never know who's listening and you're not going to get anywhere by keeping your ideas to yourself. Nobody is going to be interested in someone who isn't willing to actually share their music.

Hell, I'm not even totally confident that there is music.

Same here. That's all I've been looking for: some indication that this is anything more than a 12-year-old with unrealistic rock star dreams. Pretty sure all we've got here is talk.

You're not going to gain any fans with that attitude either, Mdo.

Back