Violins against Maiden

:S Honestly, I don't understand why you are so angry. We've heard worst covers, and I assume these guys really tried to make it sound special.

The tempo is actually the same as the original studio version. It's a decent cover.

There's a shitload of these string covers of different bands. It's cool but the novelty does wear off.

Against ? That's a nice cover, I think you're not much of a folk music fan, because this cover kind of sounds like folk music.

I think these guys sound great...I was a violinist in the school orchestra when I was a kid, and my late father was a pretty shit hot old time fiddler. Still have my Dad's fiddle, although I use the bow more on my Les Paul than on the violin (Page is so fucking inspiring). I don't agree with the vitriol, edclear...

taker64 said:
I don't agree with the vitriol, edclear...

Indeed. That's not the kind of discussion we like on this forum.

In fact, it's enough that this moderator took a look at your post history. Allow me to suggest that you take your own words to heart:

edclear said:
Personally I don't give a damn for comparison, music is about listening too.

Let's cut down on the anger and hate and vitriol, friends. If you don't like something, there's no need to insult others over it.

More important: if there's a member whose posts turn hateful whenever he doesn't like Blaze or Lou Reed or someone else, such a member won't last long here. Could there be any such person around, edclear? A question you should consider carefully.

What is it with these accusations of being angry, I'm just saying what I hear, which is dull, like most classical music is. All hail Rock N Roll, it's got balls, it's got guts. That twaddle with violins has no passion, no life in it. So thanks you for your comments, but I'll say exactly as I please and how I please. If you have a problem with that, just remember, it's your problem not mine. I found it amusing but saddening at the same time, hence the title voilins against Maiden (violence against Maiden for those who don't get my sense of humour). It's like some posh prats have sucked the life out of the tune totally.

It's a fucking tribute. So it ain't got anything "against" Maiden. If you don't like classical music that's your problem, I like some of it and a lot of others on this forum do.
Every instrument can be played passionately, every style of music can be played passionately.

You're entitled to your own opinion but don't open posts because you don't like something. Especially something really ordinary like an orchestra/string tribute to metal band.
Also keep in mind that mods can ban you without any notice, and then you'll be saying exactly as you please, but elsewhere.

There are rules and ways how this forum works.

I don't get why you think is an insult. They are just playing they're style, and if you hate it don't bitch about it.
And if classical music wasn't invented in the first place, there probably wouldn't be any Maiden.

I like some classical stuff and i think this was good.

I love classical music, and the violin is (along with the guitar) my favourite musical instrument. They sound so nice to me. Loved the covers.

edclear said:
What is it with these accusations of being angry, I'm just saying what I hear, which is dull, like most classical music is. All hail Rock N Roll, it's got balls, it's got guts. That twaddle with violins has no passion, no life in it.

:( Rock 'n Roll, Heavy Metal exist because of Classical Music.

Zare said:
It's a fucking tribute. So it ain't got anything "against" Maiden. If you don't like classical music that's your problem, I like some of it and a lot of others on this forum do.
Every instrument can be played passionately, every style of music can be played passionately.

You're entitled to your own opinion but don't open posts because you don't like something. Especially something really ordinary like an orchestra/string tribute to metal band.
Also keep in mind that mods can ban you without any notice, and then you'll be saying exactly as you please, but elsewhere.

There are rules and ways how this forum works.

And what's your problem. Well, I can guess, no sense of humour. If I feel like saying/opening a thread, I do so. If I get banned, do you really think I'd care. Some folks around here are freindly, some are not. Do I care, no. I live in the real world and that's sadly how it is. Too many ego's getting in the way. Those who make threats obviously can't comprehend what others are saying, or more importantly how others are saying.

The Flash said:
:( Rock 'n Roll, Heavy Metal exist because of Classical Music.
No. Rock n Roll and Metal exists because of the blues. The blues has nothing to do with classical music. Literally nothing.
Although, Deep Purple incorporated some minor classical influences (renaissance), and Malmsteen some as well (Pagianini, Bach) etc etc. But bottom line, Blues. Not Classical.

edclear said:
And what's your problem. Well, I can guess, no sense of humour. If I feel like saying/opening a thread, I do so. If I get banned, do you really think I'd care. Some folks around here are freindly, some are not. Do I care, no. I live in the real world and that's sadly how it is. Too many ego's getting in the way. Those who make threats obviously can't comprehend what others are saying, or more importantly how others are saying.
You know, sarcasm doesn't necessarily translate well in mere text. And aggressive sarcasm regarding something you obviously feel rather passionate about translates even worse in text.

But. Let's move on everybody, shall we?

Yax said:
No. Rock n Roll and Metal exists because of the blues. The blues has nothing to do with classical music.
Although, Deep Purple incorporated some minor classical influences, and Malmsteen some as well etc etc. But bottom line, Blues. Not Classical.

Who told you that? I hear you when you say blues was influential, but metal is not just coming from the blues.
Lots of metal bands certainly have roots in classical music.

Back