Vicious Guitar Chugs

DJ James

A coma stole my name.
This is gonna sound stupid, but I've been in the mood for some vicious guitar chugs. The kind of chugs that send chills down your spine and melt your face. Now I know there's plenty of them out there; I'll share what I've found so far.

Helstar's Aieliaria and Everonn [Album: Nosferatu, Genre: Progressive/Speed, Year: 1989]

Machine Head's Clenching the Fists of Dissent [Album: The Blackening, Genre: Alternative/Thrash, Year: 2007]

Judas Priest's Some Heads Are Gonna Roll [Album: Defenders of the Faith, Genre: Hard Rock, Year: 1984]

Judas Priest's Battle Hymn/One Shot at Glory [Album: Painkiller, Genre: Hard Rock, Year: 1990]

Gamma Ray's Welcome/Lust for Life [Album: Heading for Tomorrow, Genre: Power Metal, Year: 1990]

Note: Gamma Ray's The Saviour/Abyss of the Void is also a fairly decent shredder but I couldn't find a decent video of it online. Also this post is gonna be a two-parter because I can't post more than 5 videos per post.

Stratovarius's The Kiss of Judas [Album: Visions, Genre: Power/Progressive, Year: 1997]

Kreator's Extreme Aggression [Album: Extreme Aggression, Genre: Thrash Metal, Year: 1989]

Sodom's Tired and Red [Album: Agent Orange, Genre: Thrash Metal, Year: 1989]

Overkill's Ironbound [Album: Ironbound, Genre: Thrash Metal, Year: 2010]

Overkill's Overkill [Album: Feel the Fire, Genre: Thrash Metal, Year: 1985]

Back