Unreleased Live Albums/Songs

Yeah, I'm aware of these bootlegs, what I was wondering is if there's a chance of Maiden releasing a DVD from another show of the AMOLAD tour. Because donington 2007 was the one they planned to release, wasn't it?

Short answer: No, no chance I think. it would make absolutely no point for Maiden currently to go "Oh hey, here's a DVD recorded 10 years ago".....

But once Maiden have called it quits...who knows what will be released?

Is there any chance that they might have another show from AMOLAD tour filmed? Apart from Donington 2007?

I never thought Maiden England '88 would be re-released in 2013 on DVD/CD some 25 years after it was recorded...so maybe it'll hit the markets in 2032. The biggest thing working against an AMOLAD release (in the near future) is En Vivo...despite having almost completely different setlists. Maybe I'm wrong, but I prefer CD releases to DVD releases. I'll listen to CDs over and over again, but after I watch I DVD once or twice I'm done with them. The problem with CDs is that they don't fit into all the kids iPads.

Im glad they didnt release any 2006 DVD stuff. It would have been pish. Having watched Uniondale and listened to Gothenburg and more, I reckon that there is no song from AMOLAD that is better live than recorded. 9 times out of 10 I prefer live Maiden to recorded (who wouldn't take Phantom live '80 or Dance of Death live '03 over recorded?) but I just don't think it works for AMOLAD live '06. The feel/timing isn't there. Nicko and Steve are normally on it in the '06 live stuff but they somehow manage to suck the life out of Greater Good of God, for example. I personally feel that from what I've heard that Steve is playin great, very intense but maybe thats why the songs don't work live; new songs need caressed, not buggered into oblivion.
Love the AMOLAD album, glad they played it in full, don't need a DVD.

I'm suspicious of Somewhere in Time. The music video for SIASL was shot at an actual concert (I believe Sheffield Hall) professionally by the band... why not shoot the whole show? It was a professional band involved shoot for the video. Rod said they have several songs recorded from that tour... Steve hates the way CSIT sounds live which is why they won't play it.... they could pull it off now that they have 3 guitar players but I have almost given up...

Source(s) please.

The first comment can be found on their Maiden England DVD under the history portion about SIT

The second comment comes from the Maiden Fan Club forum where someone actually talked to Rod after the Atlanta show back in 2012 and asked about songs.... Rod told him Steve hated the way it sounded live.. He also said they rehearsed Infinite Dreams that tour but went with Afraid to shoot strangers.... I asked Nicko myself when I saw him at Rock N Roll ribs back in December.. He won't comment on any of it

I'm suspicious of Somewhere in Time. The music video for SIASL was shot at an actual concert (I believe Sheffield Hall) professionally by the band... why not shoot the whole show? It was a professional band involved shoot for the video. Rod said they have several songs recorded from that tour... Steve hates the way CSIT sounds live which is why they won't play it.... they could pull it off now that they have 3 guitar players but I have almost given up...

The clip was shot after the concert. As far as I recall, some of the audience remained after the gig to shoot the video. Btw. the robotic Eddie claws weren't deployed at SIASL. That's static Eddie from SoT and he's deployed when they play Iron Maiden, as such.

I wanna say the bootleg from that show actually has Bruce referencing the cameras in one of the songs, but I'm not quite sure. I'll have to check it out. In any case, I doubt they actually filmed the show because it would've been a total waste of money at the time since they didn't have any plans to release a live video of the tour anyway.

Today you can take a firewire or whatever-equipped PC, plug it into venue soundboard and get all tracks down to HDD for studio work without any big hassle on the venue staff/equipment part. Back then, I presume you needed to carry tape recorders, preamps and stuff around, which made recording ad-hoc for production quality completely impossible. I think 2006 or 2008 tour was when Maiden started plugging recording by default to venue soundboards. They should have every performance since then ready for live release candidate. That was not the case in 1986.

And this is audio only.

I think 2006 or 2008 tour was when Maiden started plugging recording by default to venue soundboards. They should have every performance since then ready for live release candidate.

Most of the tours since 2006 have had a pretty obvious intended live release; Assuming the Donington shows in 2007 and 2013 were intended for release, and that either Donington or Wacken 2016 get the full live album treatment, then only the 2010 tour is without any clear-cut live release candidate (though tbh I doubt that it would get a live release)

The problem is that Maiden exclusively rolls out live video releases. We could get a real AMOLAD tour live CD in all it's glory, like I said everything has been recorded. But no video - no standalone live audio release. Bullshit I say. A double CD with side 1 AMOLAD live and side 2 misc unreleased live tracks would sell way better than those pathetic compilations they roll out once in a while.

I think that, eventually, stuff like this will be given for free on their official digital distribution channels. Harris is leaving it for the future when Maiden goes inactive. They're never going to split again or disband. In this period Maiden will be releasing stuff from the vaults, and I firmly believe they're not the types to cash grab that easily. The dogma is that Maiden sells music so they can play it live for huge masses, a quintessential live band, it would be stupidly unnecessary even from a financial standpoint to compromise reputation. But they will want to keep the fan base alive.

It's not like they haven't done a video-less live album before; A Real Live Dead One is the only piece of 90s Maiden I see for sale most of the time. Interesting that it's been 'chosen' over the (badly) video-accompanied Live at Donington. More to the point, I think there might be unreleased footage from AMOLAD 2006, if this video is anything to go by

I know it's not official, but it would be a bit of a waste on their part to only record one song

So it's been done since then. Good to know. I guess formulaic approach to mostly everything came at this time.

@Wogmidget, I'm not sure whats the scope and for whom that recording has been done. Sometimes TV houses record couple of songs for live broadcast or just to have archival footage. These should be the usual cams that provide video feed to big screens. One of them at the soundboard and maybe 2 guys between the barrier and the stage. So 3rd parties can plug in and get something in broadcast quality. When they intend to do a video release they bring way more cam people and stuff. Also interesting that this is Aalborg and TROTB live B-side is from Copenhagen.

Source(s) please.

CSiT live could work 15 years ago. Gers can provide rhythm guitars that accompanied lead harmony on the track. Original live was pretty dull because of empty sound here. There was that fast galloping rhythm section and nothing to glue it to lead guitars. Nowadays only if McBrain decides to use double bass.

I reckon that there is no song from AMOLAD that is better live than recorded.
I think Out of the Shadows and Lord of Light improved live. Maybe The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg also. In particular OOTS sounds magical on the Stockholm bootleg. "Call yourself vikings?".

It's not like they haven't done a video-less live album before; A Real Live Dead One is the only piece of 90s Maiden I see for sale most of the time. Interesting that it's been 'chosen' over the (badly) video-accompanied Live at Donington. More to the point, I think there might be unreleased footage from AMOLAD 2006, if this video is anything to go by

I know it's not official, but it would be a bit of a waste on their part to only record one song

I was there at this show. Won first to the barrier for it. I genuinely do not remember any film crew down front during the show. Perhaps whoever did the filming (licklibrary?) were only allowed to film just one song or two.

It's been a few years (and I was down the front) but I'm pretty sure (99%) there wasn't any big screens at this show..The film crew could have been there for the first song or two without me noticing, that is very possible...but for the entire gig I didn't see any film crew so its more likely, to me anyways, that they were allowed to film a song or two and that was it - but of course I could just have been in a position not close to the camera crew at all.

Last edited:
Back