UEFA EURO 2020 (2021)

Completely irregular championship. Saying it from day 1.
If Azzurri win I'll consider it as honorific. If England wins it's for straight out discarding.

Hopefully Italy brings their tier 1 shithousery in the final. Like only they can...

Still, can't believe that pen from yesterday.

"island football".

When I was a kid I had a Panini Serie A stickers album that I've received together with all the stickers, from Robert Jarni via his cousin that my dad used to know. Season 94/95 . It was a magic book, from an age before Web. I knew capacities of the stadiums and lineups of every team. Wore the edges out in no time.
I clearly remember Jarni playing that year for my team :)

When I was a kid I had a Panini Serie A stickers album that I've received together with all the stickers, from Robert Jarni via his cousin that my dad used to know. Season 94/95 . It was a magic book, from an age before Web. I knew capacities of the stadiums and lineups of every team. Wore the edges out in no time.
Nice. I have the 1990 World Cup album. Missed only around 5 players or so. Looked for it but couldn't find it lately. But it will turn up some day again.

Nice. I have the 1990 World Cup album. Missed only around 5 players or so. Looked for it but couldn't find it lately. But it will turn up some day again.

Remember getting those Panini albums while vacationing in Italy for the 2002 World Cup and 2004 Euros... Never saw them back home, I believe cards are more popular here. Got shoeboxes full of collectable hockey cards, but that's another thing.

Those sticker cards were very frequent everywhere. Small grocery store, local corner shop, paper stands. They came in about 6 a pack I think?

We also traded duplicates and there was a codified game around these stickers which included throwing them out from the hand so they fall near the arbitrary line, set about 2-3m. The guy whose sticker is nearest, gets all the stickers. A tie, which was frequent cause nobody bothered to carry a yard stick, was best part of the thing. One person would put all the stickers on back of the palm, then "heads or tails" gets agreed upon, then another person slaps the palm in a hi-five motion sending them all over the place.

This thing was I believe present everywhere in my country in some form or another.

First football album I did was USA94. Last album I did was I believe Euro 2000. It was that, or the next one, Korea-Japan, that had bad format, two players per sticker, smallish landscape-oriented album, some mascots instead of venue/city pictures, that was it for me.

Before that first football album I did a mandatory thing what every child did back then, that's completing the Animal Kingdom album whose stickers were collected from chocolate bars :)

I clearly remember Jarni playing that year for my team :)

Here's a fun fact. Juventus is far from my favourite, but one foreign club I truly despise is Real Madrid.
Couple of years after that album, he sent me his jersey from his Real Madrid game. Wow the spectrum of feelings I had upon getting that.

My neighbour, and here I'll mention that sporting artifacts were considered gold, who had Ivanisevic's broken racket from Wimbledon final loss, signed for him, grinned at me and said, this kind of stuff is not borrowed but you're not putting that on yourself aren't you. I sad nah and gave him the jersey because he would actually play games in it. I proceeded to play games in my bootleg Ronaldo FC Barcelona shirt from street fair in Bosnia.

Are you pumped? Is it coming home tonight? Will Gareth Southgate get the ultimate revenge for his missed penalty or will the gladiators from the land of opera sing vinceremo?

I don't know why the admission is allowed because the Delta variant of COVID is spreading and all the people without masks and sharing drinks… damn, it's f***ing dangerous.

Agreed . It happens everywhere. The problem with football is that just a few people considered it as entertainment show. I went to a football stadium with my nephew 10 years ago and I hated it. All the people around us, mid age people, kids and Youngers swearing words all the time. A lot of noise. It was a really bad experience. It was not my first time. I went when I was kid a lot of times and I don't remember this behaviour.
I remember that year you say because in every city were riots and scheduled fights against fans of both teams. It's sad. I stopped watching football since the lockdown.

Back