Trooper VIP Upgrade

EvilThing

Prowler
Okay, I've got what might be a stupid question but I don't want there to be any questions before I drop $199. When the Trooper VIP Upgrade says if offers VIP early entry to the venue is that a first to the barrier type situation or is it just early access to the merch area in the lobby before you get to the actual concert hall/arena/auditorium? I'm mainly interested in anything that can get me as close to the barrier as possible. I lucked out last time and ended up third row center so now I'm spoiled.

Also, if any of you have actual purchased this before would you say that it's worth it? Thanks!

You'll get in the building early. They let you do crowd free shopping and then they take you to the pre party area. After a while they release you to the concert area. You get in right after the FTTB people get in, so second row is the best you'll probably get.

I forgot about that! Chad from Tulsa is a legend! If anyone does the VIP upgrade this year, be sure to mention Chad from Tulsa to Kim then report back to us here!

You are let in right behind the FTTB people. It'd be rough to go on the floor with all the goodies they give you to hold the whole show.... It's quite a list. Not to mention, the limited edition tour shirt exclusive to the VIP party attendees. I got seats this time around after being FTTB last year on opening night and feeling sorry for the chaos that went down when they card readers went down. A riot was literally a few minutes away. Only the FTTB people and VIP got to see the opening act. small crowd for them and though they were mediocre, it wasn't fair to them either. A huge benefit is being fed and not having to wait outside in a line for hours. Totally worth the $199

That is one of the reasons I am on the fence about this.
I am no hurry to get out on the floor (have pit for Toronto). I'm not going to stand up front for the opener, and the break in between. Getting too old for that kind of stuff.
I'll wait until Maiden are almost set to play then work my way up the crowd.
I prefer Janick's side anyway, and it's not usually as crowded over there.

It would be nice to not wait in line outside. And to shop the merch booth without a crowd.
But I am not sure if that, coupled with the merch, is worth the price to me yet.

What would the Chad from Tulsa packages include?
Chad from Tulsa package gets you.... NOT SHIT! lol And "Chad from Tulsa" is really Chad from Dallas, just at the Tulsa show. The lady Kim and I became friends and she even let a few of my buddies come in as they were cleaning up and eat all the rest of the food that was there (so it didn't go to waste. NOM NOM NOM!) but we had such a good time, and she is really cool. But everyone should mention me and see what you can get for doing so. (i.e. Tell Her i said you get free beer tickets just for mentioning MY NAME. Couldn't hurt, she can only say NO!) LOL!

Thanks for the info, guys! I think I'm pretty much sold on this. It's been my experience that there aren't that many fan club people so getting stuck behind them isn't a big deal. I mainly just don't want to have to wait outside the venue all day and fight the crowd on the way to the floor. I got lucky last time. If I hadn't gone to the right door I would have been stuck way back on the floor and I don't want to risk that.

As for holding all the stuff during the show. If it becomes too much of a burden I'll give it away to somebody. I don't really care about it. I just want to get as close to the barrier as possible.

Good point Evil! And, from what we could have done, it seems when the party is ending, you can just go talk it up to the guys at the door to get to the floor, and bam you are there even before the FTB peeps were. At least that is how it was in Oklahoma. I could have easily ran up to the front. I'm too old to stay up there the whole time. (I did that for Powerslave 3/4/85) As long as I am 20-30 back on the floor with all my friends, I am ok with that (with room to see, and air drum/guitar and bang my head, i am golden) lol! #greatestairdrummerever #greatestairguitarever \m/ \m/ up the irons. (if your stuff is a burden, just text me, i will come get all your stuff for ya!) ;)

Back