Trivial Pursuit, history edition?

A

Anonymous

How about a "History" Trivial Pursuit Edition and have one of the categories being "Military"? That'd appeal to people like me as well.

Re: Random trivia

I'm good with that too!  Sounds good.  Could be...

Ancient
Medieval
Modern
Quotes
Wild Card...something else.  I was originally going to toss in Military but it just didn't fit.  Maybe a "Dark Ages" or "Renaissance"?

Now thats one I'd love to play, also.

Would it be 'world history' and have some Aztec and/or Mayan stuff in it, or just focus on the 'Old World?'

I'd be pro-Dark Ages, but that's really just a matter of personal interest.

And of course, it'd be World History!

Are we losers enough to design that game?

Sure!  Just open up a thread called "Maidenfans.com Trivial Pursuit World History Question Submission".

They you guys can sort out all of the good stuff.

Um, does anyone know the answer to the question?  I'm guessing that it has to do with not bothering to make a flag, but I don't know the reference.

Perun said:
I'd be pro-Dark Ages, but that's really just a matter of personal interest.

And of course, it'd be World History!

Are we losers enough to design that game?

Yes.  We are losers enough to design the game.

If we're serious, it gets its own thread.

We need to know how many cards comes in a game  of Trivial Pursuit.

Ancient History
Dark Ages
Middle Ages
Modern Ages
Famous Quotes
Wild Card --- I don't think we need Wild Card?  Maybe go with:

Ancient History - Prehistory to 487 AD.
Dark Ages - 487 AD - ???
Middle Ages - ??? - Sometime with Da Vinci?
Renaissance - 1787 AD
Modern Age - 1787 AD - Today
Famous Quotes - Churchill, Churchill, more Churchill?
...there's a current question?

Ancient: Prehistory -568 AD (end of Langobard Migration)
Medieval: 568-1492
Modern: 1492-1945/1989 (there should be a limit)
Extra: Prehistory (Prehistory as in everything before beginning of writing in the local culture)
Extra: Dark Ages (maybe 375 (Coming of the Huns) - 1066?)
Famous Quotes

Maybe lose Prehistory (I'll shed a tear, but so what) and have two "Modern" categories: 1492-1789 and 1789-1989.

Who says we have to have only 5 categories?

LooseCannon said:
Yes.  We are losers enough to design the game.

If we're serious, it gets its own thread.

We need to know how many cards comes in a game  of Trivial Pursuit.

Ok, that one I think I can answer.  My Genus 5 says it has "4800 Questions", with 6 catagories, that'd be 800 cards.
Perun said:

You can have as many or few as you want.  The current Trivial Pursuit board has six 'spokes' in it, you could run 5 or 8-- or whatever.  But if you want to make a card set that uses a current Trivia board, 6 would be best. 

If you had a wild card it could be about historical art, liturature, music, etc...

wasted155 said:
If you had a wild card it could be about historical art, liturature, music, etc...

To be honest, I was thinking about including that as questions in regular categories.

Splitting the topic.
Perun said:
Ancient: Prehistory -568 AD (end of Langobard Migration)
Medieval: 568-1492
Modern: 1492-1945/1989 (there should be a limit)
Extra: Prehistory (Prehistory as in everything before beginning of writing in the local culture)
Extra: Dark Ages (maybe 375 (Coming of the Huns) - 1066?)
Famous Quotes

Maybe lose Prehistory (I'll shed a tear, but so what) and have two "Modern" categories: 1492-1789 and 1789-1989.

I think we need 6 categories.  So we can play it on an actual board.

So, as far as submitting a question/answer, what are the rules?  I am sure you want an answer for each question, but what type of citation do you want with it?  I am sure a quote reading "As per wiki" isn't sound enough to use.

The problem we'd get quickly is that we can't triple check facts.  I am sure each and every one of us have access to different resources.  However, I would think that for now we could go with Wiki + 1.
The real challenge is getting a full body of questions.  Then we can start fact checking them.

Ok, sounds fair.  Anything off limits?  I'm sure you have tons of history books on your shelf (I have a half dozen or so)-- I mean, history is mainly fair game, right?  Any worries of plagirism that way?

For the rest of it, would you rather have it seperated by 'Time' or by 'Subject'? 

For instance: People, Places, Art, Science vs. Ancient, Modern, Medieval.

Granted, People/Places, et al is more traditional, in the Trivial Pursuit way.

Yeah, but this is supposed to be pretty hardcore history.  Though, it could certainly be divided up like that.  People, Places, Science, Politics, Religion, Famous Quotes?

I like that idea.  That way you don't have to leave out an era that you would miss. 

Back