Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's in a different order. :/ I'd like to stress that my vote is for Blood Brothers, not Mercenary.

The Mercenary.
Janick just repeats the main melody in the solo. Main melody is good, solo is nothing special.

Blood Brothers has the most memorable solo in BNW album and one of the best Iron Maiden instrumental sections.

No and no.
Wicker Man is better candidate for the 'most memorable' because Jan and Dave just continued with their style of playing on the BNW. There are Janick solos like 2AM which are completely the same as BB solo.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 2, 20th battle: Adrian Smith's The Mercenary solo (085) is eliminated. 084 advances to the 3rd round.

Round 2: 21st battle:

Madness. A great solo. I think the licks that come after the part we heard are also very nice and I usually consider them part of the solo, but even without them, the SoM solo is a clear winner of this duel for me.

This one was very hard for me considering that when I first heard the IOA solo it was so different and progressive from Adrian. But in the end I have to go with SOM.

I'm picking IoA for how adventurous it is. The best thing about SoM is that harmony at the beginning (I really love that part), but to be honest the proper solo starts after it.

Back