Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh boy, 4 great solos.
I pick Different World and Fear Of The Dark.

A tough decision. Different World is my favourite of the solos now but when I first heard each of these songs Rime had the most impact. But then again, is it the epic moment of Rime that is causing bias in my decision making? Nah I will stick with Rime.

Incredibly tough. I love all solos but I went with RotAM and FotD. Different World was VERY close as I love it a lot but alas it will have to be third.

This is tough, but my vote goes to Different World and Fear. If Starblind was in a weaker group of solos, it would definitely get my vote, but it's hard to compete with DW and FOTD. And the solo on Rime works better within the song...

It was very hard for me to pick between Different World and Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

You did not have to pick just one:
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/tournament-of-maiden-solos-r1a-7th-group.32729/
===>
.... So, voting for a second solo can be interesting. You don't have to but if you would like more than one solo to advance to the second round, it's possible to influence this process. ....

I know, Forostar :) The other one went to Fear of the Dark. Then I immediately regretted it. But oh well, at least I did throw the stone away, and the first intuition is probably the truest one. Sorry for causing any confusion!

A bit hard but I ended up going for Different World and Starblind. Starblind is just a more unusual solo than ROTAM which is why it got my vote.

Oh no, I've just realised I voted for Fear instead of Rime by mistake! Titles in the poll would be convenient...

Besides I can't believe Starblind loses so bad! I really like that solo. It's unique and quite inventive for Maiden. It works very well in the song.

These were the easiest ones to choose by far. Also, Forostar, HCN? come on you're getting sloppy lol. And I didn't know live solos were in the mix but ok. If there were any before I didn't notice.

Back