Top 25 Songs that AREN'T Iron Maiden

DJ James

A coma stole my name.
Well there's been quite a big thing over making top 25 Iron Maiden threads so I figured why not do something different. You can also see what my taste of music outside of Maiden. So as I go along you can recommend new artist to me and support me as I go.

Well here we go:

25. No Remorse - Metallica
Kill em' All will always be my favorite Metallica album, and this my favorite song off the album. It displays so much power and balance between the players. And Hetfield does a pretty kickass job with vocals on this song, and I love the guitar riffs shown off by Hetfield and Hammett. And I also like how a few songs off Kill em' All have a concert like ending with a huge buildup and climatic ending riff. Now Kill em' All is just in the ideal Heavy Metal album, it's got blazing fast speed, a punk rock feel, and all the greatness of NWoBHM has influenced. No Remorse displays the original Metallica at it's best.

So, I think that's a very satisfying way to start this off.

No Remorse? Quite unexpected in my view. That song isn't really isn't one of my favourites even off just Kill 'Em All.

Unknown One said:
No Remorse? Quite unexpected in my view. That song isn't really isn't one of my favourites even off just Kill 'Em All.

Well it was a battle between Motorbreath and this, eventually this won.

Dityn DJ James said:
Motarbreath

You have no idea what you've done. You are not prepared for what has begun.

<rrrrrrrriiiiipp>

The fabric of the cosmos (or at least some tubes) is rent apart, torn asunder by the wrath of his approach. He comes.

James, only you can save us. You'd better learn to spell fast, because there will be no mercy. He's been working out on the dark side of Jupiter for a while; you shouldn't invite his return like that.

Repent, sinner, before you doom us all!

24. Sound Chaser - Yes
The song placed Chris Squire as one of my favorite bassist of all time.

Sound Chaser appeared on my favorite Yes album, Relayer. Sound Chaser starts off with a galloping bass intro and slowly progresses into one of the best progressive rock songs I've ever heard in my life. Jon Anderson's voice softly carries the song along with Steve Howe's Jazz inspired guitar playing. And showcases some crazy drumming produced by the one and only Alan White. One other song from Relayer will appear in this countdown. You guys care to guess?

23. Raining Blood - Slayer

This about the only thing from Reign in Blood that really stuck with me. Tom Araya shines with some haunting vocals and Dave Lombardo is at his usually best. The sound of rain hitting the ground only adds the effect this song gives off. Kerry and Jeff's playing style shown throughout the song always give me chills.

Dityn DJ James said:
23. Raining Blood - Slayer

This about the only thing from Reign in Blood that really stuck with me.
ONLY?! You need to listen to it again (at least it's not that long :D).

Anyway, it's my favorite Slayer song.

Sorry about not posting in awhile, Forostar you might see a song or two soon from Rush :bigsmile:

22. Blackwitch - Exciter
Ah, speed metal at it's finest.

Exciter is a Canadian speed metal band formed roughly around 1980. Blackwitch appeared on their debut album Heavy Metal Maniac. Blackwitch has one of the best Acoustic intros ever, which slowly progresses into one rocking song. The progression throughout the song reminds me of Good Mourning/Black Friday by Megadeth. A lot of the riffs and guitar solos in the song are pure bliss.

The raw intensity displayed throughout the whole album reminds me of a lot of Kill em All. Heavy Metal Maniac will probably remain one of my favorite speed metal albums of all time.

Thanks you guys, sorry not posting in awhile just got back from a three day trip. Kinda tired need sleep.

edge of darkness said:
I had to look this up and give it a listen, but I really like it. Very cool song man! :ok:

Same here. Didn't know it but it's very powerful, full of emotion and it has kick ass riffs. Metallica obviously listened to the main riff of this song when they made Fade to Black.

This bands deserves more credit, probably not only for that particular inspiration!  :shred:

Yeah, Exciter is pretty sweet. Now for some real classic rock

21. 25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago

I think most of you guys know of Chicago, this song has really been growing on me, the main reason for this is that we play this in our marching band all the time. I always get goosebumps when the chorus starts, twen-ty-five-ou-six-to-four! bum-bum-bum-buuuuuuuuum-bem!. The song for me is ideal classic rock song, my band director said this is what everyone was rocking to back in day.

I've heard rumors that the song was related to drugs, but their lead singer has dismissed this and said it it basically about writer's block.

I've come to completely love Chicago's horn line, it's amazing. When ever I decide to play this on my iTunes I always be sure to get french horn and play along, feels to be part of Chicago's wanna be horn line.

Back