Thoughts on Wolfsbane

A

Anonymous

I thought Id turn my "Thoughts on..." into a mini-series and what better way to follow up B L A Z E than with Wolfsbane.

Wolfsbane is different from Blaze's Iron Maiden and B L A Z E work. Blaze really showcases his voice in Wolfsbane's music. After listening to my first Wolfsbane song, I realized why Blaze was chosen to replace Bruce.

Wolfsbane is much more of a 90's style band. Again, as with B L A Z E, Bayley was able to use his voice to a better extent while in Wolfsbane compared to his time in Maiden. He actually uses his voice in less of a dark way during his Wolfsbane days, and proves that he can sing more than just dark songs. For an example of Blaze's lighter side, take a listen to I Like It Hot.

While I am not a fan of most 90's style music, I find Wolfsbane to be a superb band of the time, who, given more time, would've found their way onto the charts with ease.

My favorite Wolfsbane songs are Tears From A Fool, Steel and I Like It Hot.

Anybody else have thoughts?

Yeah, tons of views...but not a single response, I guess not alot of people have heard wolfsbane...

I love Wolfsbane (anything to do with Blaze)! I have all the albums except 'Down Fall the Good Guys', which I hope to get soon. The first album I got was 'Wolfsbane' and it blew me away. I loved Blaze in Maiden and I love BLAZE, but I still wasn't prepared for how much I'd like Wolfsbane. I'd have to say that 'Live Fast, Die Fast' and 'Wolfsbane' are two of my favorite albums of all time. They are very short, but very catchy and amazing albums.

Wolfsbane may not have quite the musical and lyrical maturity of Maiden or BLAZE, (and definitely a very different, very raw sound which I really love) but they're really fun to listen to. Don't get me wrong, they have their serious moments like 'Seen How It's Done', but they seem to be fixated on a certain topic (then again, who of us isn't? wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know what I mean?!). Ahh, and who can resist the good ol' Wolfsbane ballads 'Tears from a Fool' and 'Hey Babe', c'mon, admit that you love them and crank them up whe nobody's around!

I think Blaze really did get to use more of his vocal range in Wolfsbane. You'd be surprised at some of the highs he hits in songs like, 'I Like it Hot', 'Shakin', or 'Steel', and of course his signature lows in 'Die Again'. It goes to show with Wolfsbane, Maiden, and BLAZE, what a truely incredible singer Blaze Bayley is. He deserves a lot more credit than some wankers give him (the rats in the cellar, you know who you are!). I really think he is one of the best singers ever in metal.

My favorite songs would have to be 'Shakin', 'I Like It Hot', 'Tears From a Fool', 'Steel', 'Loco', 'Violence', and 'Die Again', to name more than a few, but I can't help but love them all! I must say, I am indeed a Howling Mad Shithead! 'I don't want soft music! I don't want those satin sheets! Put on the rock and roll! Turn up the heat! I LIKE IT HOT!!!'

Wow...That Girl...Very good first post, one of the best Ive seen yet.

You pretty much got it right on, Blaze is always called a Maiden-reject, but he deserves much more.

Heres my message to those people: "Go to the fucking store, and buy a fucking Wolfsbane or BLAZE album"

What? Nobody else has anything to say about Wolfsbane? Fine, for my own amusement, here is an excerpt from the 'Live Fast, Die Fast' liner notes.....

"The fire went out, the youth belched and farted hideously and from the shadows, howling and shrieking came four creatures, barely human apparitions, brown ale bottles flailing in the moonlight. They surrounded the naked, dishevelled, quivering wreck on the floor. They passed wind in synchronisation. The poop person vanished in a puff of brown flared smoke. 'Thank you!,' said Jeff, Steve, Jase, and Blaze! 'Thank you,' said the moon shining full and bright."

Wow. Profund. Comments, anyone? Talk amongst yourselves...

I'm a massive Wolfsbane fan as well. Well, I've only got one album, Massive Noise Injection, and it is absolutely fantastic! To me, this is the best live album I've ever heard and I've heard alot of good ones; obviously Live After Death, Iced Earth's 'Alive In Athens' and many more classics. But why though? Because it's what a live gig is supposed to be.....fun! Seriously what Blaze comes up with is a right laugh to hear but don't listen to it with young children! Loadsa swearing.

My favourite tracks are: Steel, Temple of Rock, Money To Burn and Black Lagoon. I want to listen to other Wolfsbane songs but I guess the only way is to buy them off eBay. Blaze needs to release a back catologue of his Wolfsbane albums.

Anyway, couldn't you have heard Blaze singing Iron Maiden songs such as Wrathchild perfectly. But for the X Factor he sang the songs in a darker, laid back voice which I'm not as keen on. Probably 'cause the style he sang on Wolfsbane was slightly punky and as Iron Maiden is fully heavy metal Steve Harris probably wouldn't likle to have gone from a polished band to a greasy band if you know what I mean!

Anyway you both ain't alone, I'm also a massive fan of Wolfsbane!

Crowd: You fat bastards! You fat bastards!

"Is my hair okay? Don't I just look so ravishing? Incredible! And YOU have the audacity to call US 'FAT BASTARDS?!' YOU FUCKIN" WANKERS! If you're gonna call us anything, do it a damn <site?> louder than that, YA WEEDS!"
HA! I was just listening to that album tonight! I totally love his, well, not so much on stage banter as, yelling at the audience! Calling them wankers and bastards and such, but in a nice 'gets the crowd going' kind of way! Nutty good fun to listen to! I wish I'd been old enough to see them live!
Well, I'm thrilled that we have another HOWLING MAD SHITHEAD! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Maybe we should make this thread into "Howling Mad Shitheads Anonymous"!
Me: 'My name is that girl, and I'm a Howling Mad Shithead'
others: "Hi, that girl!"

"My favourite tracks are: Steel, Temple of Rock, Money To Burn and Black Lagoon. I want to listen to other Wolfsbane songs but I guess the only way is to buy them off eBay. Blaze needs to release a back catologue of his Wolfsbane albums."

Quoting thingie didn't quite work right there...
Yeah, Blaze should re-release the albums so people can actually buy them! I think more people would listen to Wolfsbane if they could find the albums!
Heh! If you're buying wolfsbane stuff on ebay, you'll probably run into zombiemunky (me)!!! I only need 'Down fall the Good Guys', but I ocassionally buy singles as well. So, if you go one day and try to buy that album and some wanker keeps bidding against you, that was probably me! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Sorry! Hey, I had to try like three times to get 'All Hell is Breaking Loose...' because I kept getting outbid. In fact, that's why I don't have 'Down Fall the Good Guys' yet. Some fartknockers (that wasn't me!) kept outbidding me everytime I saw that one on there. So far, it's been the hardest for me to get, because it only comes up for auction like, once or twice every couple of months. I haven't checked for a while though, so don't anybody go buying my copy if you see it!!! IT'S MINE!!!! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Haha, that reminds me of the time when Blaze was shouting at the one guy in the crowd after The Trooper.

"Thats it you're fucking done."
"You, down there, kill him for me"
"Get up here and Ill fucking kill you myself"
"FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING MOTHER FUCKER!!!"

Thats my favorite thing I have downloaded.

Ah yeah, lol. I remember that. It was a right laugh, Blaze was defeintly right pissed off. I think I've still got it somewhere....

And that girl, how much did you pay for the Wolfsbane mini-album 'All Hell Is Breaking Loose...'? I see them go for £25-30 on eBay. Well, for the CD version.

[!--QuoteBegin-Beast In The East+Nov 17 2005, 01:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Beast In The East @ Nov 17 2005, 01:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Ah yeah, lol.  I remember that.  It was a right laugh, Blaze was defeintly right pissed off.  I think I've still got it somewhere....

And that girl, how much did you pay for the Wolfsbane mini-album 'All Hell Is Breaking Loose...'?  I see them go for £25-30 on eBay.  Well, for the CD version.
[snapback]123378[/snapback]​
[/quote]

DAMN! I only paid about 8-9 GBP (and 3 of it was for shipping to the U.S.) for the CD. It was slightly used, but I think every copy I've seen on there is. I'm glad I got it when I did, then (it was just in August)! It would still be worth it for 25! Best mini-album ever!
Heh heh, I love that 'Blaze Gets Mad' clip! "Fuck off, you fucking butt!" I think too many people judged his live performance based on that video. I mean, I couldn't sing 'The Trooper' normally, but especially not if some skinhead was hocking loogies at me! I haven't heard much of Blaze live with Maiden, but besides that one, the songs that I've heard were great. His live albums with Wolfsbane and BLAZE are great! Most live albums, I just listen to once or twice, but I listen to those ones as much as (if not more than) the studio albums.

Back