Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

Oh, also: throwing away all the original Maiden England -era interviews (done at the same time as the Early Days, LAD segments), and releasing Maiden England on DVD with only 40 mins of documentary, featuring irritating NOTB graphics, only 30 seconds of SIT footage, no behind-the-scenes crew/promoter/press/etc. interviews, and photo galleries or unseen footage (as on the other history DVDs). Not to mention that horrible, unoriginal and completely generic cover artwork.

SUCH a waste of what could've been a really fantastic and interesting release.
The amount of screen given over to who was actually being interviewed was a joke. I meant to send an email to complain about that but never got round to it.

- That they didn't release videos from the following tours: Somewhere on Tour, The Early Days, and A Matter of Life and Death Tour
- Run to the Hills, Trooper, 666, and Running Free played to constantly in the live set. I don't mind Iron Maiden though.
- Lack of Somewhere in Time material played. Duhh
- Lack of Infinite Dreams, Hallowed, and Still Life on the Maiden England Tour.
- Dance of Death cover art and album production.
- Not playing in Spokane, Washington. :D

Yeh, definitely need to add that they didn't, after LaD, decide to film any full concerts from the SiT tour; & we're left with bootlegs. What a dreadful, dreadful mistake that was. Annoying.

Last edited:
It annoys me that the band rate NPFTD so lowly, that it has been largely ignored since 90-92 and to a degree has given it a reputation amongst many fans as a "poor" record.

It annoys me that, when listening to 2 of their 3 latest records, I sometimes look forward to their retirement.

It annoys me that when said retirement comes, I hold low hopes for exciting releases from the vault (it was a grand moment back in 2002 when Beast over Hammersmith saw an official release.)
It annoys me that this annoys me.

It annoys me that the band rate NPFTD so lowly, that it has been largely ignored since 90-92 and to a degree has given it a reputation amongst many fans as a "poor" record.

It annoys me that, when listening to 2 of their 3 latest records, I sometimes look forward to their retirement.

See, when I listen to their newest records, I can't wait for more. When I listen to NPFTD, however, I look forward to their retirement.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I need to add anything in this thread.

Pretty much everything seems to have been covered already, huh?

* Eddie's bar closed.
* They stop evolving Eddie's character after 7th Son.
* Total Eclipse out of the original Beast, what a shame.
* One particular line in "The Unbeliever" is awful for me.
* The "dino" line in the good quest for fire.
* Ignoring a 1990's History tour (?????????)
* West Ham in the inner sleeve of Virtual XI (that was just too much...). :|
* Raising Hell is a really bad ending to 13 years era, "both sides" cannot stand each other anymore. :(
* Miss the classic era riff-lyrics-drums-solos and that's it. Once in a while 5 minutes intro. is great but "not all the time".

Last edited:
I admit that they need to change the setlist around more, they could alternate classics like flash of the blade, where eagles dare, killers and infinite dreams from night to night and whilst still including the usual songs (don't forget how much people moaned on AMOLAD tour) surely there is room for the clansman and heaven can wait instead of afraid to shoot strangers. Maybe even alternate the opening song. How good would "BE QUICK OR BE DEAD" sound. But whilst you moan just look at Metallica, megadeth Black Sabbath on all their (un)recent releases Maiden produce much more stronger and better structured albums. A change of producer would be good Bruce's voice is to quiet. And we need more smith/Dickinson/harris songs.

Pretty much what everyone said plus the fact that they haven't played Minnesota since 2000. Even though, compared to how often Metallica and AC/DC have released albums in the last 10 years, it's not too bad. It will suck though if we don't get a new album this year which will mean a 5 year wait since TFF!

Back