The X Factour

Love the extended setlist (adding Running Free and Sanctuary) they did in 1996.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron...erez-jerez-de-la-frontera-spain-13d3993d.html

I saw that setlist the following day in Miajadas, a small town in the south of Spain. The audience were a funny mix of rock fans who have travelled to see Maiden and elderly couples from the town (~4000 people in attendance).

I have fond memories of that gig and remember having a great time (having had a coach accident on the way to the gig and it being my first Maiden show probably made me appreciate it even more). Blaze's performance of the old classics was adequate and the new material sounded good live. The stage set was pretty basic (I remember thinking that it made the one they used during the No Prayer on the Road - of which I had seen many pictures by then - look lavish in comparison!). It was clearly different to the live videos I had seen of them, but I could not identify exactly what the issues were with all the excitement of the gig. I started collecting bootlegs and realised that the guitar work was less precise than in the 80s and that Blaze could not do justice to most of the old songs they were playing live.

I saw that setlist the following day in Miajadas, a small town in the south of Spain. The audience were a funny mix of rock fans who have travelled to see Maiden and elderly couples from the town (~4000 people in attendance).

I have fond memories of that gig and remember having a great time (having had a coach accident on the way to the gig and it being my first Maiden show probably made me appreciate it even more). Blaze's performance of the old classics was adequate and the new material sounded good live. The stage set was pretty basic (I remember thinking that it made the one they used during the No Prayer on the Road - of which I had seen many pictures by then - look lavish in comparison!). It was clearly different to the live videos I had seen of them, but I could not identify exactly what the issues were with all the excitement of the gig. I started collecting bootlegs and realised that the guitar work was less precise than in the 80s and that Blaze could not do justice to most of the old songs they were playing live.
Yes. 'Virtual XI' stage set marked the end of the minimalistic approach of 'No Prayer on the Road Tour', 'Fear of the Dark Tour', 'A Real Live Tour' and 'The X Factour'. I grew up with the band being very theatric, so much have been strange considering how different the represented themselves live in the 90's when all you've seen are the monumental 7th son stage sets on video.

Since they did not come to Greece for the fear of the dark tour TXFactour was my first time seeing them. I thought Blaze was awful as were the new songs....so I was pretty much disappointed. Oh well...

Back