The Ultimate Underplayed Iron Maiden Songs List (Reunion-era)

Which is the most underplayed song since 1999?

• Killers

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Stranger In A Strange Land

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Futureal

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Man On The Edge

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Powerslave

• The Fallen Angel

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Out Of The Silent Planet

• Ghost Of The Navigator

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Dream Of Mirrors

• Sign Of The Cross

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • The Merecenary

• Die With Your Boots On

• 22 Accacia Avenue

• Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Wildest Dreams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainmaker

• Paschendale

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Lord Of The Flies

• No More Lies

• Journeyman

• Murders In The Rue Morgue

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Another Life

• Prowler

• Charlotte The Harlot

• Remember Tomorrow

• Where Eagles dare

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Drifter

• Different World

• These Colours don't Run

• Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • The Pilgrim

• The Longest Day

• Out Of The Shadows

• The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • For The Greater Good Of God

• Lord Of Light

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • The Legacy

• Rime Of The Acient Mariner

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Heaven Can Wait

• Moonchild

• Children Of The Damned

• Powerslave

• The Prisoner

• Afraid To Shoot Strangers

• The Final Frontier

• El Dorado

• Coming Home

• When The Wild Wind Blows

• The Talisman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

matic22

Ancient Mariner
So this is a similar thread to the one I created before, although this one is about underplayed songs during recent years. The songs eligible for this thread must have been played at least once during the reunion-era. So no Flight Of Icarus I'm afraid. There is no TBOS songs. TFF 2010 and 2011 count as different tours, since the setlist changed massively. Every song in this poll has been performed on two tours at most. The poll will be open untill 2nd of June. So what would you like to hear again?

P.S. you can pick 6 songs.

Again, no TBOS tour disscusion without spoilers.

Last edited:
Also I fucked up and put two Powerslaves into the poll and can't remove the second one. Please vote for the first one if that is your choice. Thanks.

(If mods can help to remove the other one, that would be greatly appreciated).

Please vote, because more votes we have, the more accurete results will be at the end.

Last edited:
I picked a couple which I doubt there is any chance of me seeing like Rime and Paschendale. But really my number one tune I think they should bring back is Killers. Its lively and not overly long so they have no excuse!

I picked:

Killers
Stranger In A Strange Land
Ghost Of The Navigator
22 Accacia Avenue
Paschendale
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

I think the most chance of a return out of all of those songs has Ghost Of The Navigator.

I hope there is any chance for any of the others, but I doubt it.

With quite a few votes in, currently in the 1st place:
Paschendale and Sign Of The Cross.

Keep the votes coming and explain what you voted for and why if you will.

Killers-22 ave.
Rainmaker- mariner

Where eagles dare
Murders in the rue morgue

I've stated before how Killers should be in every set list. In my opinion, Killers and Still Life are the most "Maiden-est " Maiden songs. These should be staples. And please let there be some Dance of Death representation again....the title song DOD, should be in every set too :yes::yes:

The three I have never seen live:
The Fallen Angel, OOTSilent Planet, SIASL.
The awesome ones:
Rime (fav song), Prowler (even if Nicko fucks up, still great to witness) and Lord of Light (really special vibe)

Not including or referring to the present BOS tour, just going on past tour history: The last two songs before the break/encore have been dominated by fear of the dark and IM the song to death!
How great would a combo of Still Life and Killers be in those particular spots!!?! I think this change would be a major, welcomed upgrade for the remaining tours. Mix it up a little , and Crank it up big time...

I guess it was expected, but all my votes went to the AMOLAD tracks. Not only would I absolutely love to see them live (some again, some for the first time), but the album is also the most criminally underrepresented from the whole reunion era, IMHO.

Cool thread. I tried to stay reasonably realistic with my choices, so I didn't pick any huge centrepiece epics, which usually don't return beyond respective album tours.

Stranger in a Strange Land - A quite unique song in the Maiden catalogue. It would bring a lot of freshness to the set. And that solo would be just something else... Especially given how cool Adrian's experiments are nowadays.
Prowler - Such a shame they ignore this song... It's perfect for encores. It would make a solid closing track.
Lord of the Flies - Underappreciated gem. Could easily fit any setlist. Sounded great on DoD tour.
Breeg - Same reasons as Stranger. It's unique and would be something fresh.

I picked just four, but these are the songs I have strong feelings about in that matter. Man, I would lose my mind if all these were played during one show.

I guess it was expected, but all my votes went to the AMOLAD tracks. Not only would I absolutely love to see them live (some again, some for the first time), but the album is also the most criminally underrepresented from the whole reunion era, IMHO.

I feel you. Man I wish I could go back in time to catch more shows on the historic AMOLAD tour. I loved it so much at the time, but didn't really realize the epic ness at the time. What a fantastic idea to play it all.
Amidst many disgruntled "play classic types" we were blown away by this unbelievable night of Maiden metal magnificence!! Damn I just wish I had a chance to book more shows than just the one that tour!!

I feel you. Man I wish I could go back in time to catch more shows on the historic AMOLAD tour. I loved it so much at the time, but didn't really realize the epic ness at the time. What a fantastic idea to play it all.
Amidst many disgruntled "play classic types" we were blown away by this unbelievable night of Maiden metal magnificence!! Damn I just wish I had a chance to book more shows than just the one that tour!!
The Book Of More Souls Shows Tour!

I'm disappointed The Clansman isn't an option, as that would be at the top of my list of songs that I'd like to see return to the setlist.

For what it's worth, I ended up voting for:
Remember Tomorrow
Killers
22 Accacia Avenue
Rainmaker
Paschendale
The Legacy

I'm disappointed The Clansman isn't an option, as that would be at the top of my list of songs that I'd like to see return to the setlist.

For what it's worth, I ended up voting for:
Remember Tomorrow
Killers
22 Accacia Avenue
Rainmaker
Paschendale
The Legacy
Sadly The Clansman doesn't qualify, because it was played on 3 tours.

Also I probably owe you some explanation why only songs that have been played in the last 18 years are included. That's because the list would be just too long and some songs like FOI have been the cause of arguments between members of the band in the past.

Last edited:
Sadly The Clansman doesn't qualify, because it was played on 3 tours.

Also I probably owe you some explanation why only songs that have been played in the last 18 years are included. That's because the list would be just too long and some songs like FOI have been the cause of arguments between members of the band in the past.
That makes sense.
I would have loved to have voted for Still Life and Flight if Icarus.

Instead I voted
Dream of Mirrors (my favorite tune from the reunion era)
Paschendale
Journeyman (which I never got to see due to the idiot that threw a beer on the soundboard)
BYDTTS

Ok, I went for:

SIASL (*cough*Maiden England tour*cough*)
Fallen Angel
Ancient Mariner
Prowler (a more interesting closer than Running Free/Sanctuary IMO)
Passchendale and ATSS (both of which would have worked well on the AMOLAD tour)

Can I ask why Seventh Son isn't on the list?

Stranger in a Strange Land
Bring your Daughter... To the Slaughter
Paschendale
Remember Tomorrow
Where Eagles Dare
The Longest Day

Ok, I went for:

SIASL (*cough*Maiden England tour*cough*)
Fallen Angel
Ancient Mariner
Prowler (a more interesting closer than Running Free/Sanctuary IMO)
Passchendale and ATSS (both of which would have worked well on the AMOLAD tour)

Can I ask why Seventh Son isn't on the list?
I Forgot about it :p

Well just listened to Nicko's intervew with Trunk and he said that out of all of the rarely played songs he would like to bring back 22AA and SIASL. THERE IS HOPE!

Back