The song with the highest note.

What is the song in which Bruce Dickinson hit his highest note?

• Children of the damned

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Where eagles dare

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Quest for fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hallowed be the name

• Tears of the dragon

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Prophecy

• Man of sorrows

• Aces high

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Flight of Icarus

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Rime of the ancient mariner

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Flight of Icarus will be the song with the highest note of my choice. Maybe nobody (including myself) can imitate Dickinson saying the long "Fly" and his own scream at the end of that song. 

I said "Flight of Icarus" "Like an eagle Fly Touch the sun."
Now I think about "Aces High" "Run live to fly Fly to live Aces high"
I think we all try to sing as high as Bruce. :innocent:

Note: I know the smiley is "Innocent" but now its singing!!
Note: In "Aces High" it goes from low high then works its way up there
Note: BOLD = HIGH PART

Rime of the Ancient Mariner - the highest sung "word".

....and then down in falls comes the RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN!

(followed by the coolest music, ever made by mankind)

:p

Forostar said:
Rime of the Ancient Mariner - the highest sung "word".

....and then down in falls comes the RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN!

(followed by the coolest music, ever made by mankind)

:p
Yes! Discussion over. :D

Of course you guys know why I voted Rime (my favourite song ever!) but it would be really funny if someone could actually compare those notes. Anyone willing to record those notes and use some "tool" to find out?

:)

It's not a very precise measuring instrument, but my voice tells me this:
Bruce's highest note is the scream at the very end of "Flight Of Icarus".
Why? Because when singing along with Maiden records, that's the only note I can't reach.

I've been listening to both bits now to distraction, and while it might be hard to say just which one is higher, I think the RAAAIINNN!!! in Rime of the Ancient Mariner wins it.

Bruce sings a high D several times in "Invaders" and in the chorus of "Run To The Hills" (ruuun for your liives). If sung properly, the highest note of "for" should be a high D, I guess. The final note on "Aces High", and the opening verse of "Quest For Fire" are pretty high too, but I'm not sure as of the exact pitch.

I'm not sure, though, if those are THE highest notes Bruce sings in his songs. The lowes note, I guess, is the final word of "Sign Of The Cross" (...came to wash my sins away), which is a low E, I think. Even Blaze didn't sing that, he always whispered that note.

I don't post much, but this was an interesting thread. So I actually took the time to work everything out and these are the results I ended up with. I used Guitar Pro 5 to determine the pitch.
-------------

• Children of the Damned - High E then he climbs to High G "Children of the DAMNED!"

• Where Eagles Dare - High E "Where Eagles DARE!"

• Quest for Fire - High D# - High E "...caves WERE HOME!"

• Hallowed Be Thy Name - High D "CRAZY DREAM..."

• Tears of the Dragon - High B "the TEARS of the dragon..."

• The Prophecy - High C *consistent through the whole song*

• Man of Sorrows - High A# "I won't see your FACE!"

• Aces High - High G "Aces.. HIGH!"

• Flight of Icarus - the octave A# above High A#

• Rime of the Ancient Mariner - High G "Then down in falls comes the RAIN!"

• The Number of the Beast - the octave A above High A "YEAH!"

• Run to the Hills - High G "run for your.... LIVES!"
-----------------------------------------------
So as you can see, the results show that Flight of Icarus has Bruce's HIGHEST RECORDED NOTE. It is a scream true... so if you want to go by actual clarity Mariner and Aces High would tie it. But all in all Icarus wins.

Many thanks for the effort ZeRiMaR! :)

Cool to know this, hehe!

Maybe that's why Maiden didn't play this song since Graz (Austria), 1986 (Somewhere On Tour). :p

But Bruce did play it live on the Accident Of Birth and Chemical Wedding tours ;)

What about second  "hallowed be thy name" in Hallowed Be Thy Name from Hammersmith? That always struck me as being insanely high-pitched.

I remember seing a YouTube video about the vocal range to Bruce. As far as I can remember his highest note in his career was in 'Gangland' (wich is not even mentioned in this thread) and I agree, he does two really high notes on that one.

The video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7rFT53tZ8

good video, it goes through most of his register...

ZeRiMaR said:
I don't post much, but this was an interesting thread. So I actually took the time to work everything out and these are the results I ended up with. I used Guitar Pro 5 to determine the pitch.
-------------

• Children of the Damned - High E then he climbs to High G "Children of the DAMNED!"

• Where Eagles Dare - High E "Where Eagles DARE!"

• Quest for Fire - High D# - High E "...caves WERE HOME!"

• Hallowed Be Thy Name - High D "CRAZY DREAM..."

• Tears of the Dragon - High B "the TEARS of the dragon..."

• The Prophecy - High C *consistent through the whole song*

• Man of Sorrows - High A# "I won't see your FACE!"

• Aces High - High G "Aces.. HIGH!"

• Flight of Icarus - the octave A# above High A#

• Rime of the Ancient Mariner - High G "Then down in falls comes the RAIN!"

• The Number of the Beast - the octave A above High A "YEAH!"

• Run to the Hills - High G "run for your.... LIVES!"
-----------------------------------------------
So as you can see, the results show that Flight of Icarus has Bruce's HIGHEST RECORDED NOTE. It is a scream true... so if you want to go by actual clarity Mariner and Aces High would tie it. But all in all Icarus wins.

Yep this is accurate.

This is quite interesting, really. Even more, because i am totally ignorant on this subject.

I always thought that the scream on the Number of the Beast was the most powerful.  :blush:

LMFAO. The unplanned scream. The one that Bruce can't duplicate. Yes.

I hate that Rock Band expects you to be able to do the exact scream when even Bruce himself can't do it. -_-

Back