The Post Your Own Music Thread

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Maidenfans... having dined today on roast beef with my family and some friends I later awoke from a siesta with a bassline inside my head.  After working it out on the guitar I recorded this one and played some mellow riffs over the top.  6 hours later my new favourite song is born, We Own Nothing.  A friend can hear Tool/Radiohead undertones throughout. Enjoy, We Own Nothing...

http://thewhicheverowl.bandcamp.com/track/we-own-nothing

311002784-1.jpg

Nice man, love the atmosphere.  :ok:

Gives me an idea of movement, a traveller...

It reminds me of Judas Priest's Run of the Mill (the calm solo part). And when I "erase" the heavy guitars and wilder solo I also think a bit of early The Cure.

Thanks Foro!!  I tried to make a brooding, atmospheric song and am glad you got some visuals out of it...will check out the Judas Priest song.

Here is another instrumental recorded last week...it makes me think of red blood cells bouncing along my veins to the beat of my thumping heart after too much good coffee...

[ftp=ftp://http://thewhicheverowl.bandcamp.com/track/to-find-the-perfect-monkey-thing]http://thewhicheverowl.bandcamp.com/track/to-find-the-perfect-monkey-thing[/ftp]

3313355319-1.jpg

Pretty cool too. I wonder how it sounds when you put the background music a bit louder (bass lines, and perhaps drums too).

Here's Judas Priest - Run of the Mill, from their debut album, released in 1974.

Brooding is the perfect word for the instrumental part, I guess.

Two impressive posts, Eddiesson and Ranko.

Eddiesson, all alone for so many people, I wouldn't think that as easy!

Ranko, man! Great production, and some damn fine drumming (big sound and nice alterations in your patterns)!
I like the music too!  :ok:

Thanks, Forostar!

I have to admit that this is probably my finest drum job, as the band is just me and my two friends, most of our songs are actually live jams in my friend's studio - consisting of drums + bass + acoustic guitar. When we play something that we like, we either try to refine it a bit or just leave the basic live track as is, and the friend who owns the studio then adds a bit of keyboard padding, or one of them (as they both can easily play bass and guitar) records a solo or something like that.

But we just do it out of fun, I'll try and post a few "funny" songs with lyrics later on.

Keep' em coming.

This and uploads by others encourage me to upload some more stuff I have done in the past:

The following two songs are part of a concept album created in early 2002. The album was called "The Chalice", and can be seen as early Talescape material, typical because of its storytelling aspect. In the future I intend to share the whole album, with an explanation of the concept.

These particular two tracks were recorded earlier (probably done around 2000 or 2001), done with real drums in a room of my parents house, recorded with a single microphone (the other eight songs used either keyboard rhythms either contained no rhythm). Samples were added (voices and sounds) to serve the concept. I was very happy to lend the synthesizer of a good friend of mine. I love those atmospherical, sweeping sounds.

The Thief
Destiny or Delusion

thanks forostar
I wasn't so nervous because i could the song so well. But i don't always plays for so many people. Today for an example, me and my band played for like 15 persons insteed. But the important thing is to don't care about how many watching, and play as good for 15 as you do for 150 persons.

I like your tracks, Forostar, they have a certain psychodelic quality to them. I love the sound of the snare!

Thanks, Ranko! The snare is probably the only part of the kit that still sounds good on this day we speak. The rest of the drums are so out of tune and dirty (esp. the cymbals) that I hardly dare to use them again (better reason is that I don't have much space here, and don't want to scare my neighbours). The whole thing is stored in a cupboard, apart from a few cymbals and standards I'm currently using for a cover band at my work, in combination with someone else's electronic drumkit (pads).

About the music, glad you like it! It was done with an analog Tascam recorder, and back in the day I made some crappy quality MP3's, using the master cassette as source. I regret that now, because it doesn't sound that good. Ah, well, I'll just try to focus on the melodies (some of the best I thought of, if I may say that of my own work) and the atmosphere. The rest of that Chalice album has a very different sound, because there are no real drums, but the story and use of effects still holds it all together, and I'm glad these two songs were integrated.

You did Essentially Ellington? My school does that competition a lot. How did you do?

When was it? I don't think my school participated this year. I think we might next year, and I'm in the ensemble that is going.  :D

Back