The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
HBTN, do you want the rar that I currently have or would you rather get the zip?

if it is possible i much rather have a zip...if it is possible that is if you can't be bothered that is understandable

theyoungphenomenon@gmail.com

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

FOR ME ... YES
       GOOD TIME FROM GERMANY

HAPPY DAY

:rocker: :shred: :edmetal:

HBTN said:
better than Brave New World?

Nope.

A lot of people are gonna go through the new album phase, where they think it is the most awesome thing in years.

take no pensioners said:
Nope.

A lot of people are gonna go through the new album phase, where they think it is the most awesome thing in years.

Actually, it is. BNW was great but IMO, it was more of a throwback to the 80's.

This is the most ambitious album they have ever done. And I think they're better for it.

take no pensioners said:
Nope.

hmm that is what i thought...i expect it to be better than there last AMOLAD which wasn't bad but i definitely expect their newest effort to surpass that album and maybe DOD

So what's the scoop? Is it kick ass?

I'm on the fence. I don't hate it, I just...am not sure how far I am going with them on this journey. We'll see after a few dozen spins.

i love you Travis....you are dude of the year for this  :rocker:

I think I got the zip sent to everyone who needs it. Let me know if I missed you.

Stan said:
So what's the scoop? Is it kick ass?

It takes more than a single listen. I think its great and refreshingly more upbeat, even if it's a gigantic swan song.

I'm going to get killed for this, but I don't understand how you guys can rate it or even compare it yet, good or bad.  For me it's just too dense with too much going on to get a feel for it even after a few listens.  I'm familiar with many sections of the songs now, but not enough to feel comfortable enough to grade it.  I think people forget like anything else there is a honeymoon period.  

My first impressions are very good, but they are just 1st impressions.  To the guy who asked if it was better than BNW, I'd say I think it will be in due time.  It seems a more interesting and better composed album to me, but again as I said I can't judge yet.   I also need a lossless copy to really hear how it's supposed to sound dynamically.

Bruce sounds great to me, I am pretty confident my opinion on that won't change.

LordMaiden said:
Actually, it is. BNW was great but IMO, it was more of a throwback to the 80's.

This is the most ambitious album they have ever done. And I think they're better for it.

IMHO,
I agree completely! Just Sat 15 alone puts it into another class altogether... I love Maiden, but for a while I have been wanting them to surprise me and do things I did not expect... loved BNW and DOD and AMOLAD but this is the first time in a long time Maiden surprises me ..they took risks on this album! .. Maybe its the sense of coming near the end that has freed them... I don't know but I like it!!!  I feel Maiden is going for broke now at the end..and it works!!  

Back