The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

That's what I'm thinking.

The only potential obstacle is if they decide to release a dvd from this tour, and I hope they do. Unfortunately, history shows that if the dvd doesn't come right after the tour then it's not going to happen.
Uhh, Death on the Road released as an album in 2005 and on DVD in 2006. Sure, the other three released soon after the tours, but it's not out of the question that the DVD gets a late release. I think the bigger issue is that a DVD would run into other releases, namely the next album and its tour. Not to mention I really don't think Steve has enough time to oversee one (let alone edit it) so I think a DVD of the TBOS tour is pretty unlikely.

Maybe if they decide to release the other tours they never officially did but filmed anyway after the band stops touring but otherwise, nah I don't think it's happening. We'll get one of the tour after this for sure, since it'll likely be their last one. But because they're in such a hurry to record another album and tour it, it probably means no DVD of this tour either, following Maiden England.

Last edited:
Did Steve give any clue that there is an upcoming album in a while? After the 5-year gap between TFF and TBOS, I'd expect a longer time for the next one. Anyway, I'd rather a 2018 world tour with a different theme (with completely different setlist, different stage and so on).

Did Steve give any clue that there is an upcoming album in a while? After the 5-year gap between TFF and TBOS, I'd expect a longer time for the next one. Anyway, I'd rather a 2018 world tour with a different theme (with completely different setlist, different stage and so on).
Yes he did, so did Rod.

Uhh, Death on the Road released as an album in 2005 and on DVD in 2006. Sure, the other three released soon after the tours, but it's not out of the question that the DVD gets a late release. I think the bigger issue is that a DVD would run into other releases, namely the next album and its tour. Not to mention I really don't think Steve has enough time to oversee one (let alone edit it) so I think a DVD of the TBOS tour is pretty unlikely.

Maybe if they decide to release the other tours they never officially did but filmed anyway, after the band stops touring, but otherwise, nah I don't think it's happening. We'll get one of the tour after this for sure, since it'll likely be their last one. But because they're in such a hurry to record another album and tour it, it probably means no DVD of this tour either, following Maiden England.
OK didn't realize Early Days came before DOTR. In that case I can see something similar happening again.

They have to do a DVD for TBOS. They've been reenergized on this tour and there hasn't been a new live recording since En Vivo.

OK didn't realize Early Days came before DOTR. In that case I can see something similar happening again.

They have to do a DVD for TBOS. They've been reenergized on this tour and there hasn't been a new live recording since En Vivo.
I think the only opportunity to record are the two 02 gigs. If they don't make a DVD there, there will be no DVD IMHO. Maybe Brooklyn, but that would be suicidal from the vocal point of view.

UK would be good. Why not Wacken? That was recorded. Not sure what the rules are, but bands release their Wacken performances all the time.

Or maybe they can pull off a triple DVD:
Donnington 1992
Donnington 2016 (I assume it was recorded)
90's documentary
I've been saying this for a few years now: they could do a really cool Donington box set. 1988, 1992, 2006, 2013, and 2016.

UK would be good. Why not Wacken? That was recorded. Not sure what the rules are, but bands release their Wacken performances all the time.
Wacken was not so good from the vocal point of view comparing it to performances a month earlier.

About 1988 Donnington. I highly doubt it was recorded. As wasn't the 2003 one which is a shame. By 2006 you probably mean 2007.

I think it would be super cool to get an essential Donnington DVD with no duplicated songs. Who would want 5 TNOTB's or Troopers on one DVD? :D

P.S. and the 2003 one had a killer setlist:

1. The Number of the Beast
  2. The Trooper
  3. Die With Your Boots On
  4. Revelations
  5. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  6. 22 Acacia Avenue
  7. Wildest Dreams
  8. The Wicker Man
  9. Brave New World
  10. The Clansman
  11. The Clairvoyant
  12. Heaven Can Wait
  13. Fear of the Dark
  14. Iron Maiden
Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
2 Minutes to Midnight
Run to the Hills

Last edited:

Bruce's voice was in slightly better condition at Donington, judging by the four songs that were on the Sky highlights package

Not sure why we'd even need a Donington '88 live album, as Maiden England is already out there (with a better tracklist IMO)

Last edited:
Every gig is filmed. They can easily choose between good and better versions of all songs.
It would be the best to have something like Flight 666. 1 song from 15 different gigs (or 17 songs (+ The Great Unknown and Wrathchild)).
You can't imagine Children Of The Damned from Vienna 2016. It's Bruce's best one since Hammersmith...

I don't think every gig is filmed for a release. They use more cameras when they plan to do a DVD/Blu-ray.

Bruce's voice was in slightly better condition at Donington, judging by the four songs that were on the Sky highlights package

Not sure why we'd even need a Donington '88 live album, as Maiden England is already out there (with a better tracklist IMO)

Bruce sounded pretty good at Donington, better than by the end of the tour.

Or maybe they can pull off a triple DVD:
Donnington 1992
Donnington 2016 (I assume it was recorded)
90's documentary

Donington 2016 was recorded, as far as I know. Donington 2013 was also recorded; they had additional cameras and they even flew Kevin Shirley to England just to oversee the recording.

Back