The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I have to say, I agree with Forostar here. I don't think Bruce has ever had this level of difficulty in any single performance of the The Trooper. It sounds like he can't just get the words out rapidly enough to keep up, which is definitely a concerning development if you ask me. And it's not that the song is even played that fast, they've notably slowed it down from where it was before 2016.
Yes.
the fact is that Bruce was singing much better in 2016 (post-chemo and cancer) than he did in 2013 or 2014 in Maiden England!
Yes. Well said. Some people keep evading these valid points.

Last edited:
The point stands, even if it was only one gig. After a downfall, one can get up, I hope. But perhaps you and Ghost rather not hear bad talk right before the UK leg starts?

I pray to the fucking gods they release a live CD from that gig (I know they record at least audio from all of them). I was at that gig, the crowd participation was incredible and the band was on fire. An iteresting fact: Bruce himself knew that he will have a great night. He said before COTD that the bootlegers better do an amazing job, because this show was gonna be a classic. TBOS from that show gave me chills when I heard it there. Best 80 euros I spent on Iron Maiden, and probably the best IM concert I will ever attend.
TBOS:
How high do you rate Arnhem compared to Berlin?
Edit: just checked myself and find that he nails the BOS chorus better in Arnhem. Sound less forced, and the long notes are more straight, sound better.

Last edited:
How high do you rate Arnhem compared to Berlin?
If I take away the fact I was at one of them and judge them only from bootlegs, I would say they share the spot for the vocally best shows of the 2016 tour. The only difference is that Hallowed from Berlin was a bit better IMHO. Vienna and Lucerne shows were in between them, but Bruce caught cold in Switzerland, so they weren't on par with them vocally. Minus those two shows, this was vocally best part of the tour lasting from Dortmund (27th May) to Ullevi (17th June) with the SA leg + MSG coming second.

If you ask me about the shows:
1. Berlin, Arnhem
3. Santiago
4. Gothenburg
etc...

So the best shows Bruce had last year were 3 months into the tour. Asia (between SA and Europe) was probably difficult, because of the jetlag.

If I take away the fact I was at one of them and judge them only from bootlegs, I would say they share the spot for the vocally best shows of the 2016 tour. The only difference is that Hallowed from Berlin was a bit better IMHO. Vienna and Lucerne shows were in between them, but Bruce caught cold in Switzerland, so they weren't on par with them vocally. Minus those two shows, this was vocally best part of the tour lasting from Dortmund (27th May) to Ullevi (17th June) with the SA leg + MSG coming second.

If you ask me about the shows:
1. Berlin, Arnhem
3. Santiago
4. Gothenburg
etc...

So the best shows Bruce had last year were 3 months into the tour. Asia (between SA and Europe) was probably difficult, because of the jetlag.

How about Seville? Bruce sounded awesome on the Book of Souls video I watched shortly after the gig.

He never lost it in 2016. Not like this.

Trooper and IESF are not faster than in 2016 or in Antwerp.

My point is: we're witnessing a FIRST downfall (of these proportions), however temporary, whatever the reason.

I do wonder if there was a monitor problem for the Trooper. He sang the opening parts before the song gets going easily enough. It sounds to me like he could not hear the music clearly. Could be wrong though!

Watching live twitter update... Tomorrow's Planet Rock breakfast show will feature interviews with Nicko and Rod. Steve visited the Trooper Vip party.

P.S. Maiden are about to hit the stage.

Showtime
C_AgA5YXoAABBdO.jpg:large

Back