The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

You all will make fun of me for asking this, but just remember I'm old, and I have reserved seats:

How long was Ghost's set, and when has Ghost tended to take the stage? I'm trying to time my arrival to San Bernardino from LA -- it's about a 2-hour drive, maybe worse given the traffic. I assume Iron Maiden starts around 8:30 or 9:00, so Ghost presumably starts around 7:00 or so. Thoughts? Complicating things is the fact the San Berdoo show is a mini-festival, with Exodus and Kamelot, whom I have almost no interest in seeing, particularly in the heat. I do want to see Ghost though.

Here is the note I got from Ticketmaster -- should be a huge show:
Dear Iron Maiden fan-
This message is being sent on behalf of the Glen Helen Amphitheater in
regards to your upcoming event.

Iron Maiden
Glen Helen Amphitheater
Saturday, July 1, 2017

We are expecting in the neighborhood of 30 thousand people on Saturday for
Iron Maiden at Glen Helen Amphitheater.
Parking lots open at 1pm, doors are at 3pm, with music starting at 5pm.
Please check traffic to allow enough time to get to the show on time, ready
for a good time!

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Hard to say, especially since you're show has those two extra bands. I know in Nashville, the show had a 7:30 start time to which Ghost started exactly to the minute. They played for about 45-50 minutes until 8:15-8:20. To which the stage swap occured. Iron Maiden started around 8:50-55.

Hard to say, especially since you're show has those two extra bands. I know in Nashville, the show had a 7:30 start time to which Ghost started exactly to the minute. They played for about 45-50 minutes until 8:15-8:20. To which the stage swap occured. Iron Maiden started around 8:50-55.

The two bands make it hard to say .. but what @Demigod_Tyek said is exactly what happened in Dallas and Chicago ... Doctor Doctor started playing a little before 9 both nights .. .Ghost played right around 45 minutes starting pretty much at 7:30 on the dot. I would certainly make every effort to see Ghost when they hit the stage, they put on a good show.

I would think that schedule would hold ... otherwise Maiden would be playing when it is still light out, which I assume they are trying to avoid given the stage show.

Thanks to you both, good to know. After posting, I found this schedule on LiveNation's site, and looks like it is probably pretty accurate based on your experiences:

SET TIMES/LINE UP
5:00 pm - Exodus

6:10 pm - Kamelot

7:30 pm - Ghost

8:50 pm - Iron Maiden

Thanks to you both, good to know. After posting, I found this schedule on LiveNation's site, and looks like it is probably pretty accurate based on your experiences:

SET TIMES/LINE UP
5:00 pm - Exodus

6:10 pm - Kamelot

7:30 pm - Ghost

8:50 pm - Iron Maiden

Yeah .. with that lineup, I would try to get to me seat at 7:25 .. and probably not a whole lot sooner :)

I consider it likely that there's going to be a short non-album tour to coincide with the festival season next year. Nicko's statement about Empire of the Clouds being played as a one-off thing wasn't the first time something like this was said, so maybe they are thinking of an oddball gig or two. I doubt there will be another history tour. However, Bruce has made some fairly definitive statements about the BOS tour not continuing after the end of the current leg, so whatever we get will be something new. Personally, I would love to simply see another album cycle, but I'm not holding my hopes high.

Yeah, I think new album would be the greatest of all possible outcomes, even if there's no tour until 2019.

If it is a series of festivals, likely in Europe...which one are we going to?

Back