The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

There's no source at all. There's just a lot of fan discussion about the delay in announcing the dates.

China pushed on Metallica too, wouldn't be surprised if they do the same to Maiden.

Possible songs that I think they might question: Hallowed Be Thy Name, Fear of the Dark, anything with the word god.

I live in Shanghai, China, so have bought tickets to see Maiden in Moscow and Wroclaw as a precaution! Maroon 5 and Bon Jovi were cancelled because of political reasons, M5 wished an old man happy 80th birthday and BJ had an offensive image in one of their videos (this was helpfully sent to the authorities here by Taiwanese BJ fans!). Metallica weren't allowed to play Master or One. Megadeth weren't allowed to play Holy Wars, with the authorities at the last minute banning songs. I spoke with the promoter who said that the authorities had big problems with the image of Rattlehead, so what will they make of Eddie! The problem is that officials here are quite arbitrary about what songs they don't allow, The Rolling Stones weren't allowed to play Brown Sugar but could play Satisfaction. Muse recently changed their setlist.

Maiden have tried to come to Shanghai before but didn't have the lyrics to some songs cleared. If they only played Shanghai I think there would be a better chance of getting lyrics cleared, Beijing is a harder city to get official clearance. I know on last Maiden tour in Belfast they dropped The Trooper and played Dance of Death instead. Generally Maiden stick to the same setlist so because of that I don't see the mainland Chinese dates happening, so probably do Hong Kong or Taiwan instead, maybe Manila or Bangkok. A lot of concerts here aren't confirmed to quite close to the show, Megadeth was only confirmed about 6 weeks out. There is still 5 months to the possible shows.

The 2 Metallica shows here were fantastic huge buzzing atmosphere beforehand. Crowd really loved them, band had big grins.

Metallica sold about 25,000 tickets in Shanghai over 2 shows, Muse 10,000 (7,500 in Beijing), Bon Jovi's concerts in Beijing and Shanghai had stupidly high prices and so had been selling terribly before their "convenient" cancellation, Megadeth only 2,500 in a venue which holds 9,000, Slash had a 1,100 tickets sellout in 30 minutes, Avenged Sevenfold only did about 800 tickets, Coheed and Cambria (not kidding) the promotor was letting Chinese in for free as they had sold less than 100 tickets! I saw The Scorpions at a festival earlier this year about 100 miles from Shanghai and there were 20,000 kids who knew the words to all the songs, very weird! One would hope Maiden would sell out the main concert arena The Mercedes Benz which holds about 12,500 but i wouldn't want to guess.

Overall i would think Maiden won't come here which will be a major pisser!

I live in Shanghai, China, so have bought tickets to see Maiden in Moscow and Wroclaw as a precaution! Maroon 5 and Bon Jovi were cancelled because of political reasons, M5 wished an old man happy 80th birthday and BJ had an offensive image in one of their videos (this was helpfully sent to the authorities here by Taiwanese BJ fans!). Metallica weren't allowed to play Master or One. Megadeth weren't allowed to play Holy Wars, with the authorities at the last minute banning songs. I spoke with the promoter who said that the authorities had big problems with the image of Rattlehead, so what will they make of Eddie! The problem is that officials here are quite arbitrary about what songs they don't allow, The Rolling Stones weren't allowed to play Brown Sugar but could play Satisfaction. Muse recently changed their setlist.

Maiden have tried to come to Shanghai before but didn't have the lyrics to some songs cleared. If they only played Shanghai I think there would be a better chance of getting lyrics cleared, Beijing is a harder city to get official clearance. I know on last Maiden tour in Belfast they dropped The Trooper and played Dance of Death instead. Generally Maiden stick to the same setlist so because of that I don't see the mainland Chinese dates happening, so probably do Hong Kong or Taiwan instead, maybe Manila or Bangkok. A lot of concerts here aren't confirmed to quite close to the show, Megadeth was only confirmed about 6 weeks out. There is still 5 months to the possible shows.

The 2 Metallica shows here were fantastic huge buzzing atmosphere beforehand. Crowd really loved them, band had big grins.

Metallica sold about 25,000 tickets in Shanghai over 2 shows, Muse 10,000 (7,500 in Beijing), Bon Jovi's concerts in Beijing and Shanghai had stupidly high prices and so had been selling terribly before their "convenient" cancellation, Megadeth only 2,500 in a venue which holds 9,000, Slash had a 1,100 tickets sellout in 30 minutes, Avenged Sevenfold only did about 800 tickets, Coheed and Cambria (not kidding) the promotor was letting Chinese in for free as they had sold less than 100 tickets! I saw The Scorpions at a festival earlier this year about 100 miles from Shanghai and there were 20,000 kids who knew the words to all the songs, very weird! One would hope Maiden would sell out the main concert arena The Mercedes Benz which holds about 12,500 but i wouldn't want to guess.

Overall i would think Maiden won't come here which will be a major pisser!
Why even bother with China.

For all of the above, the IM official website and Fan Club has stopped working in Shanghai, no one i know can access it! This is one of the unofficial IM fan sites which works. I joined the fan club so i can get pre-sale codes, hope this issue clears up soon!

Why even bother with China.
There are people out there who'd actually love to see Maiden. I feel sorry for those guys, and I really hope Maiden is gonna play there. And I think it would be important for their image, but not for the actual sales, as I guess bootleging is quite developped there.

Edit. By the way, Edward Creighton, you are now officially under surveillance :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back