The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I read on here of a likely UK tour early next year. Do you guys think there's any likelihood of an Irish date? Hoping for Dublin as they haven't played here for nearly a decade.

I read on here of a likely UK tour early next year. Do you guys think there's any likelihood of an Irish date? Hoping for Dublin as they haven't played here for nearly a decade.
Not heard a thing from the rumour mill for a while. I haven't heard a mention of a Dublin date, but it would make sense if they're trying to pick up on places that missed out this year.

I really hope so as I haven't seen Maiden live yet. They played Belfast on the ME tour a few years back but I couldn't get to that one.

I could probably just as easy fly to London too. Looking forward to the announcement of dates and venues some time soon I hope.

I'm been meaning to ask if anyone around here has managed to catch a pick from one of the European dates. Someone, possibly @The Mid-Distance Runner caught one in Australia that had 'Chapter Two' on it. I'm interested to know of the Chapter Three picks/merch have been used in Europe or if they're genuinely for next year's tour.

What's the furthest ahead of time that Maiden usually announces the first dates of a tour?

If there are dates next year I think they will be announced rather late than soon. For example 4th leg of SBIT tour was announced mid November and the tour was in February/March and some dates on that leg were announced less than 3 months to the gig (Belgrade gig). If the rumours about next year are true I wouldn't expect any official announcement earlier than late October.

I don't know where to post this, but I'll post it here since it's related to the band's appearance at Download Festival this year.

It seems that the widely reported meeting between Rossi (5 year old child with leukemia) and his hero Bruce hasn't gone so smothly as it was reported. A few hours ago BruceFans Facebook site posted an article on Bruce's wife creating a new jewerly? buisness. But what is more interesting is what was commented under the post by someone (child's mother's friend) who was apparently involved in organising the meeting.

This were the posts:
Such a shame that she is so disrespectful to her husbands fans....
My friends young son has leukaemia and download organised for him to meet Bruce..
Paddy stormed into the meeting and threw her weight around reducing my friend to tears.
When Paddy released that the meeting had been prearranged, she stormed back out again... No apologies.. It left everyone involved very upset

She assumed that Rossi's mom and her son had pushed their way into meeting Bruce and accused them of bullying people into organising the meeting (baring in mind, her son Rossi who has leukaemia could hear everything that was being said)...
Leanne and the Download organisers had to produce emails to prove that this was not the case.... When Paddy realised that she was in the wrong, she stormed out...

That apparently left the Download organiser and Peter Lorkantz (head of IM security/masseur), who helped to organise the meeting speechless.

Well, thankfully, we are not responsible for the breakdowns of our significant others. Not anymore, at least... :D

Still, it's a pity. I imagine the 5 year-old must be really disappointed.

That's awkward and it looks like she's a dick, but at least the meeting happened. I imagine it compensated for everything.

I'm been meaning to ask if anyone around here has managed to catch a pick from one of the European dates. Someone, possibly @The Mid-Distance Runner caught one in Australia that had 'Chapter Two' on it.

My brother caught one of Dave's picks and his wristband at exactly the same time - one in each hand. And a mate caught one of Adrian's. Both picks do have 'chapter two' on them but I can't figure out why.

Back