The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I can see it coming back once or twice, depending on the tour. But not as a regular staple.

I can see it coming back once or twice, depending on the tour. But not as a regular staple.
That's the problem, I can't really think of any tour themes where they'd be able to play it again. If they did a reunion focused tour again, they would likely choose just one or two of the big 10 minute epics to play and I can already think of a few that would be more likely than TRATB. And as far as TBOS songs go, IESF, Speed of Light, Tears, and Death or Glory are all more likely to stick around. Would love to be wrong though.

Of all the TBOS songs, I think Death or Glory has the most potential for becoming a staple.

I couldn't find it yesterday, damn it. I blame that to the combination of my arrival time and location in the stadium. I had seats with my wife and son.
I hope to score a tour book in Oslo.
Based on what I read on this thread when the tour began, I believe the "program" is more of a giant fold out poster as opposed to an actual multi page program. (Kudos to Dream Theater on current Astonishing tour for their amazing 50 (!) page program)

Wonder how harrisdevot got on at Download. Looking forward to some comments from him & the guys going to Donington tomorrow.
Thanks for asking Cried. The whole festival was a real mess at the beginning: it took ages before we came in, which would have been understandable if we had accurate security controls, which wasn't the case. Anyway, I didn't appreciate any of the acts I got to see before Maiden. Gojira (too noisy for me) and Deftones (I will not express my exact toughts as I don't want to have problems with anyone). I was really looking forward to seeing Maiden. I was at a good location, close enough but able to see the whole stage. They turned a bit late, which I appreciated, because I knew it would mean that a greater part of the gig would be after sunset. I had avoided to watch videos, to look at photos and so on, so the stage was a real and very nice surprise to me. I think this is the most ambitious stage production I have ever seen, maybe with Somewhere on Tour. The setlist is marvellous, terrific. The only two lows for me where the first two songs, but I had fun to look at the guys. After that, everything was tremendous. I love how they dare to play so many long numbers in a set. The Red and the Black was the absolute highlight for me, and I went nuts during that marvellous instrumental part. Blood Brothers was another great moment as (it seems to me) they played it a little bit faster and heavier than before. The new Eddie is great, both the full size and the Eddie the 'Ead during Iron maiden.
As for the guys, Bruce was not on top form vocally, but he was a fantastic entertainer. He made us laugh several time with jokes in his hesitant french (a discussion about old fans not being really "vieux" but "legacy"). Nicko is really doing well, and I can't add anything to what Foro said. The guitarists were really at their ease with great solos (no abridged versions from Dave, as he used to do a few years back). I love the stage outfit of Adrian, with this red stuff; he seems to enjoy himself a lot. Harry was great: almost always upfront, jumping, claping hands, encouraging a crowd that followed him.
I hate festivals, but this one was a great moment. Bruce told the crowd (as usual during The Number of the Beast) that they would return, and I can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what I read on this thread when the tour began, I believe the "program" is more of a giant fold out poster as opposed to an actual multi page program. (Kudos to Dream Theater on current Astonishing tour for their amazing 50 (!) page program)
It is quite good, though, and rather cheap (15 euros). They are not putting enough effort in this, I must admit, as I'm a big fans of these things, the only acquisition I consider necessary at a gig.
Edit. I was probably still flying on the wings of enthuasiasm after the gig when I wrote the preceding comment. This program is by far the worst they've ever done. Unless you collect them (which is my case) or your are mad with the visual of the tour, it is not worth buying. Try to have a look before paying 15 euros.

Glad you enjoyed it @harrisdevot
I invite you to watch the films I posted on the previous page (from the Dutch) gig, because I don't think you (or anyone else) will see better audience recordings.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbl...962406403952/1202801473086703/?type=3&theater
A certain Mr. Cooke is at Download today.

What the...:edmetal:

EDIT: Are you sure this is genuine? Nothing about streaming on any of the official Download news outlets and that YouTube channel is not the official Download YT channel..also this bit of info on the channel makes me a bit suspicious:

"Live Streaming Concert Sunday 12 June 2016 - LIVE
You must be logged in to continue streaming.
Visit Here Go To: http://v.ht/DownloadDoningtonPark-P2N ( For Activate Streaming )

Simply download our app, connect to a location and enjoy!
Connect to over 30 locations worldwide with Total Premium.
Protect yourself from hackers and snoopers with an encrypted connection.
We believe in your right to privacy, we don't keep browsing logs.
By hiding your location and IP, we make it harder for others to track you.
Click and connect to a location of your choice
Start enjoying an unrestricted, secure and anonymous internet."

Eh, I may be getting hopes up accidentally. Looks like probably a scam. This is in the description:

Live Streaming Concert Sunday 12 June 2016 - LIVE
Visit Here Go To:
http://v.ht/DownloadDoningtonPark-P2N ( For Activate Streaming )

Start enjoying an unrestricted, secure and anonymous internet.

Yeah, as I edited in my post before:

I don't think this is genuine. Nothing about streaming on any of the official Download news outlets and that YouTube channel is not the official Download YT channel..also this bit of info on the channel makes me a bit suspicious:

"Live Streaming Concert Sunday 12 June 2016 - LIVE
Visit Here Go To: http://v.ht/DownloadDoningtonPark-P2N ( For Activate Streaming )

Start enjoying an unrestricted, secure and anonymous internet."

Back