The Israel-Palestine conflict

I tend to agree with the ICJ's opinion. This isn't yet a genocide. There's lots of war crimes and crimes against humanity here, unfortunately, but genocide is something different and a little more special. Certainly, it hovers on the edge of genocide, currently. There's lots of evidence that it may tip over into an attempt to destroy the Palestinian people.

It was perfect decision for now. There were clues of genocide mostly from dehumanizing statements made by Israeli officials, otherwise it would be difficult to even get close to such result.
Point is you cannot deny Israel self defense and most importantly if you ask them to stop the then it’s like you concluded it’s genocide.

Israeli officials felt untouchable after many years of West turning the blind eye and toasted themselves with those statements in the process.

Now I believe ICJ gave them a month to show they make steps for improvement. If no such steps are taken it could go to General Assembly and eventually some officials to ICC.

Taking all those in consideration what those US allies just did to cut humanitarian funding to Palestine was pretty nasty.

ICJ's judgement can at best create a moral pressure on the international community, considering it hardly has any enforcement mechanism. US, UK and other countries have stopped funding the UN agency for Palestine refugees.

The October 7 attacks by Hamas was a recipe for disaster (no matter whoever it was backed by). Not only calling a response from Israel by brutally attacking it but making the conditions of their own people miserable. Efforts should be made in the right direction to keep such organizations at check and not let them appear to be representing the people.

Last edited:
At last.
"The United Nations Security Council on Monday passed a resolution calling for an immediate cease-fire in Gaza*, breaking a five-month impasse during which the United States vetoed several calls for ending the war, while the humanitarian toll of Israel’s military offensive climbed higher."

There is an ongoing debate if this is a binding resolution or not, US pretty much says it's not, in the sense that binding would mean sanctions upon Israel.

*However what many news outlets fail to mention is that the Resolution demands ceasefire for the month of Ramadan only.

Demands an immediate ceasefire for the month of Ramadan respected by
all parties leading to a lasting sustainable ceasefire, and also demands the immediate
and unconditional release of all hostages, as well as ensuring humanitarian access to
address their medical and other humanitarian needs, and further demands that the
parties comply with their obligations under international law in relation to all persons
they detain

Attachments

• S_RES_2728_(2024)-EN.pdf
    156.1 KB · Views: 0
I see that Israel sent a rent-a-mob down to UCLA to start a riot and attack the protesters. No doubt nothing will happen to them.

But hey, at least the pigs got to wear their tactical gear and look badass on camera again.

Yes. I didn't follow up too much on that I thought they were genuine (violent) pro-Israeli supporters. Ugly in any case.
But what is even more sad is this antisemitism awareness bill up for voting in fast track. Right in the middle of possible genocide and mass protesting, how convenient.
In some countries in Europe (France for sure) there are these types of laws since many years, but in US people are supposedly hyper sensitive about first amendment, so there was no such bill up to now. Well no more.

I found this in X but not in YouTube.

What's more, US threatens ICC judges (with sanctions) not issue arrest warrant against Netanyahu. Unprecedented and mega ugly.

Those pro Palestinian american students are useful idiots, imo. Many of them would be executed in Gaza by hamas.

Reactions: Jer
Those pro Palestinian american students are useful idiots, imo. Many of them would be executed in Gaza by hamas.
This isn’t the full picture, of course, because no group is a monolith, and there are certainly a lot of people who understand all the context and are just trying to draw attention to the suffering of Palestinian civilians.

That said, the number of hangers-on who have no idea who Hamas are, or what happened on October 7, or any acknowledgment that many of these people would happily see the college students’ marginalized group of choice be thrown off a roof or stoned to death, is appalling. People chanting “death to America” in America is ridiculous on its face, since this is one of the very few places in the world where you can actually get away with saying shit like that. Chanting “from the river to the sea” without understanding the context is also monumentally stupid.

As for the ICC, they should do whatever they see fit. If that means Netanyahu (or George W. Bush, if they’d ever charged him) couldn’t travel to countries that honor ICC extradition, then that’s the price of his actions and he should be content that he lives in a country that doesn’t recognize the ICC’s authority. The U.S. shouldn’t be spewing hypocrisy on this topic either, since we don’t recognize the ICC.

I see that Israel sent a rent-a-mob down to UCLA to start a riot and attack the protesters. No doubt nothing will happen to them.

But hey, at least the pigs got to wear their tactical gear and look badass on camera again.

Oh man I just saw it wow.

Genuine question: Do you feel nothing for the 30,000+ Palestinians who have been killed so far?
I feel pity for them, but my heart and rage is with those innocent murdered/burned/raped/mutilated Israelis. I do not hide my stance. Hamas must be eradicated. Now I will say harsh words, but... Palestinians elected hamas. Many palestinians support hamas terror. If hamas truly wanted to have Palestinian state they should have chosen political way of solving problems long ago, not killing babies. Once again, I am not sitting in Ivory Tower, I choose to be with Israel people. Not some abstract happiness for us all, return to status quo until next terror attack. As we all see, the World is shitty place and so far, I did not saw one terror committing Jew in European cities. Many of terror acts are held under radical islam flag. Radical islam is evil. Period. Radical islamists must be exterminated like a rats. If Egypt cares for Palestinians/muslims it should let them pass from Gaza to Egypt.
If hamas had not organized a terror attack on October 7, the Palestinians would be alive. You can't commit a crime, then hide behind civilians in hope to stay unpunished. Things do not work that way.

GOP senators threaten ICC against issuing an arrest warrant for Israeli officials:

“Target Israel and we will target you. If you move forward with the measures indicated in the report, we will move to end all American support for the ICC, sanction your employees and associates, and bar you and your families from the United States,” the senators wrote in the letter sent April 24.
“You have been warned,” the letter concluded.

Meanwhile military operation against Rafah has started.

• Wow
Reactions: Yax
“Target Israel and we will target you. If you move forward with the measures indicated in the report, we will move to end all American support for the ICC, sanction your employees and associates, and bar you and your families from the United States,” the senators wrote in the letter sent April 24.
“You have been warned,” the letter concluded.
Yeah, this is horseshit. The U.S. should be keeping our noses out of this ICC business since we already don’t accept their authority. Threatening to sanction them makes us look like lawless freaks, which doesn’t jibe well with the American brand in general.

Reactions: Yax
This is also hot garbage from a country that wants to be taken seriously as a western-style democracy. Especially after the arguably targeted killings of their reporters by the IDF over the course of the war.

(And no, the situation with TikTok in the U.S. is not even remotely the same thing, as that’s about hoovering up personal data on U.S. youth and funneling it into China’s dystopian deep learning infrastructure, which can be avoided by TikTok being divested by and severing all data ties with China.)

Great, now my university is occupied by these so-called pro Palestinian activists and we're getting evacuated.

(And no, the situation with TikTok in the U.S. is not even remotely the same thing, as that’s about hoovering up personal data on U.S. youth and funneling it into China’s dystopian deep learning infrastructure, which can be avoided by TikTok being divested by and severing all data ties with China.)

I haven't dig too much in TikTok but some people say that the bill opens the door for future ban of social media at will, i.e., anybody can be accused that acts as foreign agent this kind of thing.

Chanting “from the river to the sea” without understanding the context is also monumentally stupid.

Yes it's stupid and unfair, but it's not just Palestinians that say it.
Just discovered: 1977 charter of Likud (Netanyahu's) party in Israel was claiming exactly that, from the river to the sea. Clean of Palestinian people. This is a major party not some niche extremists. Look below video at 4:10. Note that in this case "from the river to the sea" was an actual policy that led to settlements, unlawful military occupation and apartheid-like conditions for Palestinians for decades, not just chanting.
From the river to the sea is exactly what Zionism is all about. And tens thousands of dead Palestinian children would wish it was only a chant.

I was expecting you would be somehow critical on the crack on first Amendment issues with the antisemitism awareness bill & violent resolve of the protests. Almost surprised that you didn't.
Anyway, the protests have nothing to do with Hamas, students have the decency to risk their future and careers* to protest about killings and starving (we tend to omit that) of Palestinian people. Below Bernie Sanders' view:

*This is huge and might be unprecedented. US students pay large fees and still risk of getting banned from school for being arrested and they do it regardless. One has to give it to them that they have values in their life. They should be proud.
I'm pretty sure back in Paris, May 1968, there wasn't a risk to getting barred from University if you were caught. Or in US for that matter.

No matter if one agrees with the protesters or not, this is a great moment that people show at last some resistance to political ugliness. Those are not desperate people, those are children with a future who risk their future to protest. Some tomorrow's leaders will be forged there and maybe the world will become eventually a better place even a little bit. I have a big respect for them.

IMG_2929.PNG

Back