The Future Past Tour Live

Alenjandro

Educated Fool
Hello!

Since no band releases live DVDs and BRs anymore, I was thinking about the live edition we will be getting next year.
Will we get another YouTube video collection? Please share your opinion.

Also, if we get physical copy of the live concert, I would really appreciate if they do a mix version from various cities, as they did with Live Chapter of TBOS.

And most of all I would like so much if they added Stratego and Senjutsu to the setlist, at least as a bonus video.

So we get something like:

1. Caught Somewhere in Time (Live from TBA)
2. Stranger in a Strange Land (Live from TBA)
3. The Writing on the Wall (Live from TBA)
4. Days of Future Past (Live from TBA)
5. The Time Machine (Live from TBA)
6. The Prisoner (Live from TBA)
7. Death of the Celts (Live from TBA)
8. Can I Play With Madness (Live from TBA)
9. Heaven Can Wait (Live from TBA)
10. Alexander the Great (Live from TBA)
11. Fear of the Dark (Live from TBA)
12. Iron Maiden (Live from TBA)
13. Hell on Earth (Live from TBA)
14. The Trooper (Live from TBA)
15. Wasted Years (Live from TBA)
Bonus:
1. Senjutsu (Live from Download 2022)
2. Stratego (Live from Download 2022)

Please share your opinion.

In some cases, there still are successful DVDs. For example:

I am translating a statement from the record label Atomic Fire:

My translation
"...With the very successful and critically acclaimed streaming event "The Monumental Mass: A Cinematic Metal Event" (#1 in the official German album and DVD charts), POWERWOLF once again made a strong statement in the international music scene..."

Their last officially released live concert video was TBOS-LC and that was streaming only. But Future/Past is a bigger deal given the classic setlist so I'm optimistic that we'll get a blu-ray at some point either next year or 2025.

The only thing that makes me nervous is if Steve let's Tony 'Tin Ears' Newton mix it. Those recent YouTube videos sound dreadful.

I will be surprised if Maiden ever releases another DVD. I will also be surprised if they go the Live Chapter route. I think the sweet spot for them is putting up monetized YouTube videos for some songs and then special edition CDs and vinyl. Personally I think it would be wild if they failed to release a live album from this tour when a bunch of songs are from the only 80s tour that was never properly recorded.

I'd be surprised if we got a full video of any kind, YouTube or not. That said I'm still coping about Kevin Shirley being one of the people who teased the tour announcement back in 2022 and the original press release mentioning not having a proper video of the original tour as one of the motivations behind this one. Seems like an obvious lead-up to one last proper tour video on physical media... but unfortunately this is Iron Maiden we're talking about.

I will be surprised if Maiden ever releases another DVD. I will also be surprised if they go the Live Chapter route. I think the sweet spot for them is putting up monetized YouTube videos for some songs and then special edition CDs and vinyl. Personally I think it would be wild if they failed to release a live album from this tour when a bunch of songs are from the only 80s tour that was never properly recorded.

The main problem is that if they release something Tony Newton-produced, those songs would end up sounding worse than on any 1986/87 bootleg! :(

Last edited:
Since no band releases live DVDs and BRs anymore, I was thinking about the live edition we will be getting next year.
Will we get another YouTube video collection? Please share your opinion.
I think it will be a YouTube release, yes. And most likely will be like Live Chapter - from various shows.
And most of all I would like so much if they added Stratego and Senjutsu to the setlist, at least as a bonus video.
That's very unlikely, but I would love it and really want it. Not from Download though.
There will be a CD/vinyl release, it is a violation of international law for Maiden to not release a live album for each tour.
If they release a concert video, there will also be a live album - so the tour to have its own artwork/cover (not the tour poster, please).

Nights Of The Dead (only live album) is/was an exception.
Personally I think it would be wild if they failed to release a live album from this tour when a bunch of songs are from the only 80s tour that was never properly recorded.
Me too. Although I thought the same about LOTB, but the situation is different. Steve really wants to film the SIT songs, that was one of the reasons for the tour. I'm really optimistic about this, especially since they didn't release a live video from the previous tour.
I'd be surprised if we got a full video of any kind, YouTube or not. That said I'm still coping about Kevin Shirley being one of the people who teased the tour announcement back in 2022 and the original press release mentioning not having a proper video of the original tour as one of the motivations behind this one. Seems like an obvious lead-up to one last proper tour video on physical media... but unfortunately this is Iron Maiden we're talking about.
Why? The last official release was in 2017 (the previous one in 2012).

I fully agree about Kevin Shirley - he's the man for the live stuff. The recent mix is bad for Maiden. Btw, who mixed the 2018 live videos? They are better.

The main problem is that if they release something Tony Newton-produced, those songs would end up sounding worse than on any 1986/87 bootleg! :(

I apologize for not being that familiar with these things, but is Tony Newton a friend of Steve's?
Because this can't be about money; many very talented people in the business would do the mix for little money just to be associated with an Iron Maiden product.

I apologize for not being that familiar with these things, but is Tony Newton a friend of Steve's?
Because this can't be about money; many very talented people in the business would do the mix for little money just to be associated with an Iron Maiden product.

He was the bass player in Dirty Deeds, a band Steve championed back in the late 90s. I believe they are also footie mates.

Well, I'd rather listen to A Real Live One than Nights Of The Dead, so... :D
Hear hear! It may not sound that great from a production standpoint, but NOTD is atrocious by comparison. I love the of NOTD, but over time I have become really angry with the quality of the production and performance. A tour of that quality deserved better. They should have done a Live Chapter style release from multiple shows (mainly from 2018) and it would have been regarded as one of their best live albums.

Asking someone to choose between a Steve Harris produced live album and a Tony Newton produced live album would be like asking someone whether he preferred someone to hit his testicles with a hammer or with a brick!
Well, Newton did deliver Live Chapters, which is a good sounding record. Granted, none of his other work comes close to match that.

... But let's not forget, Steve is credited as co-producer for both the Newton live records. You go with Newton, you still get Steve meddling. :ninja:

Back