The Future Past Tour 2024

II don't think it's just Maiden. Where I live advance sales for Priest 50th Anniversary tour was horrid, but filled out pretty well come showtime. Advance sales for them aren't so great right now. I ended up not going but I also saw that advance sales for Pantera were very poorl. I know it's just a few more examples but I will say again - disposable income has taken a hit in the US over the last couple years.

Was thinking of going to see the Kreator/Anthrax/Testament tour and I estimated that between the ticket, transport, food, maybe a beer in the venue and maybe a tshirt from the gig I would need about £150. And that's per person, so a couple would need about £300. That's just too fucking much. And I am not convinced at all that their costs have risen so much to justify this.

Was thinking of going to see the Kreator/Anthrax/Testament tour and I estimated that between the ticket, transport, food, maybe a beer in the venue and maybe a tshirt from the gig I would need about £150. And that's per person, so a couple would need about £300. That's just too fucking much. And I am not convinced at all that their costs have risen so much to justify this.

Same for me, €78 + fees, for bands that should be in the 40 quid ticket price range. I might still go if tickets are still available the day of the gig and I'm in the mood, but not shelling out nearly a hundred quid months in advance.

Same for me, €78 + fees, for bands that should be in the 40 quid ticket price range. I might still go if tickets are still available the day of the gig and I'm in the mood, but not shelling out nearly a hundred quid months in advance.
These days, even bands like Riverside, Exodus or Solstafir are in the 40 quid range. Ridiculous.

There must be thousands and thousands of interesting metal bands in the US and crazy to support Maiden and they bring a never hearing before band from Mongolia with an absurd name? They must expect a quickly SOLD OUT show.

…Anyway, these are the news from the band since January

facepalm-picard.gif

Hear, hear! A mate really wants to go to the Kreator/Anthrax/Testament gig, but going to shows in London is getting so expensive that I might only decide to join him much closer to the date of the gig.

There must be thousands and thousands of interesting metal bands in the US and crazy to support Maiden and they bring a never hearing before band from Mongolia with an absurd name? They must expect a quickly SOLD OUT show.
A band that has singles with pop/metal acts like Serj Tankien, Papa Roach and Halestorm? The band that just did co-headlining tour with Asking Alexandria last fall? The band that has played every major metal festival in the last four years? The band that toured arenas with Five Finger Death Punch and Megadeth in 2022? The band that opened for Volbeat in 2021? The band that opened for Babymetal?

I mean, you might not know them, but they've been making pretty big waves.

A band that has singles with pop/metal acts like Serj Tankien, Papa Roach and Halestorm? The band that just did co-headlining tour with Asking Alexandria last fall? The band that has played every major metal festival in the last four years? The band that toured arenas with Five Finger Death Punch and Megadeth in 2022? The band that opened for Volbeat in 2021? The band that opened for Babymetal?

I mean, you might not know them, but they've been making pretty big waves.
Never heard them before anywhere. I have to say that I'm not into all these bands. Anyway I think there are a lot of interesting and great and big bands out there to support Maiden. US and Europe but this band must be cheaper

If I would decide right now between Maiden + The Hu or Judas Priest + Saxon + Uriah Heep. I go for Judas Priest, Saxon and Heep.

…Anyway, these are the news from the band since January
The Hu play (and sell out) pretty big venues on their own tours. They're probably as big a draw as Kilswitch engage were and sell more tickets than Airbourne and certainly more than lord of the lost.

Never heard them before anywhere. I have to say that I'm not into all these bands. Anyway I think there are a lot of interesting and great and big bands out there to support Maiden. US and Europe but this band must be cheaper

If I would decide right now between Maiden + The Hu or Judas Priest + Saxon + Uriah Heep. I go for Judas Priest, Saxon and Heep.
The difference, as usual, is that Maiden has far better management. The Hu is a diverse band that might help sell tickets.

Saxon and Uriah Heep fans are already also fans of Judas Priest. You're pulling from the same group of fans

Not all fans of The Hu are inherently fans of Iron Maiden, but there's a higher chance of gaining new fans with a popular modern band who comes from a different style and provides variety to the show then with two other legacy acts with a depleting fanbase.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Saw Priest and Uriah Heep together in 1982 and then in 2019.

The U.S. gets Priest + Sabaton, Saxon and Heep are touring on their own.

For me though the choice is easy - Maiden every time (I don't have to see the opening act if I'm not interested)

Iron Maiden + Burning Witches could have been great. Iron Maiden + Myrath either. Or Iron Maiden + KK's Priest.

Iron Maiden+ The Warning would've been rad. Many older Maiden fans probably already know them and like them already, but there's also other fans that haven't heard of them yet and would be impressed by them.

Back