The Future Past Tour 2024

Awesome aside from the clipping distortion all over. Maiden Magnetic. :D
As far as I'm concerned it sounds pretty decent! Bruce's voice on this tour seems reinvigorated (the last tour I can remind of when he sounded better was Maiden England) and given the circumstances Nicko also delivers. So, I'm not worried about how a live album for this tour would sound like that much. And even less if it's recorded in 2024 (taking in account Nicko will recover his dexterity even more). If it's neither recorded during a show with a band member sick (like in the abomination we've got in the form of the last live album) nor it's produced and mixed by Steve. well: judging by what I've listened to in YT, I'm expecting quite a cool thing.

Yeah, I don't really get all the whining. If it's good enough for Maiden, it's good enough for me.
If you don't hear massive clipping, then that's awesome! You get to enjoy a fine performance. As for me, this recording is honestly the worst offender in terms of unintended distortion I've heard from a professional artist. It annihilates the amount of clipping on Metallica's Death Magnetic (where the mastering engineer Ted Jensen demanded to have his name removed from the linear notes, as the mix was distorting before the mastering and he didn't want to unjustly tarnish his reputation). The distortion gets in the way of my enjoyment of the song, and I have, like so many, been waiting for this for a long time.

I adore how even the fucking clean guitars during the interlude solo are distorting to hell and back, let alone H's solo tone. Fucking Christ, this is seriously the worst sounding thing they've ever put out. What the fuck is wrong in the Maiden camp that this is their idea of good representation for this tour?

Have to say I really didn't enjoy this video.
There has got to be someone in the Maiden camp who has some quality control. Just record the song live as is and don't add other portions of songs into the video. Record it the good and the bad. We can take it.

Unlike Death Magnetic which was put on physical media and sold in stores, this video is not a professional release. Same goes for the video part, it's not part of a live album (hopefully) just a mere advertisement with a full song. I'm grateful we got something at least, here's hope that we'll get Wacken part 2 soon and it won't sound like shit. I hope that we'll also get more videos from the tour. The legacy videos were better in both departments tho.

For further statistics, the song has DR 2, the worst offender of the loudness wars is the album Raw Power by The Stooges according to the wikipedia article, songs on this album are also DR 2. It also competes with releases from metal band Sunn O))) which makes noise.

Back