The Future Past Tour 2024

If I remember it correctly Tate has done 25th Anniversary, 30th Anniversary and now 35th Anniversary of OM in Europe! Not sure if any of them reached the US. He does the Big Rock show concept there.

I bought meet and greet + show ticket for just over 70 € here in Sweden!
Here's a pic of me and Geoff when they were touring Mindcrime back in the day

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpeg
    IMG_0232.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 11
Anyone got a suggestion as to how the audio from the Stranger video could suffer from so much clipping? Does YouTube's compression ever create this much clipping?

I'm surprised - even for Maiden's recent standards - that someone thought that sounded good enough to upload.

Tony Newton did Book of Souls Live Chapter, and that's one of the best-sounding Maiden live albums/videos. Nights of the Dead is a step down, though.
Excuse me, but that's almost objectively wrong. All it takes is to listen to the first 15 seconds of Wrathchild to hear one of the most amateurish volume automations I've ever heard on a professional album. And that's before we start with stuff like how incredibly loud and distracting the synths are mixed.

If you said En Vivo or something I could agree, but BOS:LC? Hell no. That's amateur hour.

So Wacken show will turn in a live album?
Unlikely. It's more like the Flight Of Icarus, Stratego, and Run To The Hills videos, that were purely for promotional purposes. Reminds me a bit of live B-sides that were used on singles. Wacken, due to being, well, Wacken, had one of the worst crowds of the tour (not as far as numbers go, but enthusiasm) so there's no way they'd use that one for a proper live album.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but that's almost objectively wrong. All it takes is to listen to the first 15 seconds of Wrathchild to hear one of the most amateurish volume automations I've ever heard on a professional album. And that's before we start with stuff like how incredibly loud and distracting the synths are mixed.

If you said En Vivo or something I could agree, but BOS:LC? Hell no. That's amateur hour.

Unlikely. It's more like the Flight Of Icarus, Stratego, and Run To The Hills videos, that were purely for promotional purposes. Reminds me a bit of live B-sides that were used on singles. Wacken, due to being, well, Wacken, had one of the worst crowds of the tour (not as far as numbers go, but enthusiasm) so there's no way they'd use that one for a proper live album.
That's your opinion, which is not "objectively right". I've listened to Live Chapter probably hundreds of times with headphones, and it sounds great. You can hear every instrument clearly, and it all sounds vital and powerful. The prominent keyboards at the end of The Red and the Black sound great and really add to the atmosphere of the song. On the studio version, they're barely audible. I think Tony did a great job on Live Chapter.

That's your opinion, which is not "objectively right". I've listened to Live Chapter probably hundreds of times with headphones, and it sounds great. You can hear every instrument clearly, and it all sounds vital and powerful. The prominent keyboards at the end of The Red and the Black sound great and really add to the atmosphere of the song. On the studio version, they're barely audible. I think Tony did a great job on Live Chapter.
I was being hyperbolic to explain why your subjective statement seems absolutely ludicrous to me when we have genuinely good sounding live albums. The synths are far too loud, at points destroying the atmosphere. I also specifically linked Wrathchild which features something that should never be heard on a professional album.

Of course you are entitled to enjoy the album. You're also entitled to like the way it sounds. Claiming that it's the best sounding live album is absolutely wild though.

Loved that live "Stranger" video. Bruce sound phenomenal. H is killing it. Janick's Eastern outro is such a cool touch. And Nicko must be immortal, the way he can suffer a stroke on top of his arthritis and still sound this damn good at the tail end of a tour. Love this band.

Not paying much attention to the mix, I just played the video through my computer, no headphones. There is a lot of clipping but whatever. Wish they would only show footage from the song in question, I can do without the jumping to other concerts and songs, etc. But overall this is a wonderful live performance and I'm looking forward to seeing them next year. Haven't gotten tickets yet, but I certainly plan on it.

Live Chapter is a fundamentally good sounding record, with some hickups like the ones you have pointed out. However, It's not in the same league as RiR, En Vivo, Flight 666, Hammersmith or LAD though. All of them are better sounding in my book.

Hear, hear!

Loved seeing SIASL video pop up tonight

The performance is great, shame about the sound. Hopefully this is a YouTube only release and the live album will be much better

Why must Bruce always talk over the first part of the solo :(

Back