The Future Past Tour 2024

Do y'all think a new album is very plausible at all if we're talking about Fall 2026 as a release date? It seems less likely to me because I can't see them ending their career on an album tour - in other words you have to consider at least 4 years of touring beyond the album release and not just the initial album cycle.

So it's one of these possibilities:

Scenario 1:
2025 - Future Past Leg 3 (still highly doubt they're going to do that)
2026 - Some sort of album tour maybe in the mold of Give Me Ed/Final Frontier 2010
2027 - Album tour leg 2
2028 - Nostalgia tour
2029 - Nostalgia tour

Scenario 2:
2025 - Nostalgia tour
2026 - Nostalgia tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - ???? New album? I really doubt it.

Scenario 3:
2025 - New album tour
2026 - New album tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - Nostalgia tour

Scenario 4:
2025 - Future Past 3
2026 - Nostalgia tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - Nostalgia tour

IMO, unless Maiden transitions into a studio only band, if they don't release an album next year they're never going to release another album.

And this:

I agree with the sentiment that they don't have time for three year nostalgia tours, but if we're being honest people on this very forum were saying that back in the Maiden England days. The sequence of events has been this:

2014 - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England instead of going into the studio?

2017 - Since Bruce had cancer, they are obviously going to prioritize making music more and maybe we'll get an album next year instead of the obligatory greatest hits tour since they said that History Tours are over (yes, people were making this argument)

2020 (pre pandemic) - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England Legacy of the Beast instead of going into the studio?

2022 - The pandemic clearly fucked Maiden up, but maybe they'll kickstart a new album sooner than later to make up for lost time.

2024 - I think they want to make as much new music as they can until the end of the band(and they stated that), especially with Nicko's health scare.

Us in 2025 - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England Legacy of the Beast Future Past Tour instead of going into the studio?

Sorry guys, but time is not on this band's side and there hasn't really been any indication in the last decade that they are going to prioritize making albums over touring. We've had health scares, pandemics, and the band has never adjusted touring plans. I think they did Future Past to make a Senjutsu tour more easily marketable, but it is by no means a greatest hits tour. If the plan isn't to go back into the studio after this year's touring, I don't think it's going to happen.
I dont honestly see them continuing this tour into 2025.

But i think thats just me hoping for another album and tour.

I would like new album but it is what it is. Two last tours were great so I'm fine with that as long as Bruce will be releasing new solo albums. From time perspective Final Frontier was the last album that I enjoy to this day. Book of Souls and Senjutsu are great but something doesnt sit well with me. I would say:

- The future past tour 2024
- Nostalgia Tour 2025
- Optional Album Release 2026
- Album tour 2027
- Best of the Reunion Tour 2028

Would be fine with me. Without album release I will be ok with Bruce solo album & nostalgia tour.

I dont honestly see them continuing this tour into 2025.

But i think thats just me hoping for another album and tour.
I agree, I think it’s crazy to think they would drag a new album/deep cuts tour into 2025. They also don’t care about playing Alex in Greece.

But I would say it’s about 50/50 whether they do a new album or go for a big greatest hits/farewell sort of tour.

Do y'all think a new album is very plausible at all if we're talking about Fall 2026 as a release date? It seems less likely to me because I can't see them ending their career on an album tour - in other words you have to consider at least 4 years of touring beyond the album release and not just the initial album cycle.

So it's one of these possibilities:

Scenario 1:
2025 - Future Past Leg 3 (still highly doubt they're going to do that)
2026 - Some sort of album tour maybe in the mold of Give Me Ed/Final Frontier 2010
2027 - Album tour leg 2
2028 - Nostalgia tour
2029 - Nostalgia tour

Scenario 2:
2025 - Nostalgia tour
2026 - Nostalgia tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - ???? New album? I really doubt it.

Scenario 3:
2025 - New album tour
2026 - New album tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - Nostalgia tour

Scenario 4:
2025 - Future Past 3
2026 - Nostalgia tour
2027 - Nostalgia tour
2028 - Nostalgia tour

IMO, unless Maiden transitions into a studio only band, if they don't release an album next year they're never going to release another album.

And this:

I agree with the sentiment that they don't have time for three year nostalgia tours, but if we're being honest people on this very forum were saying that back in the Maiden England days. The sequence of events has been this:

2014 - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England instead of going into the studio?

2017 - Since Bruce had cancer, they are obviously going to prioritize making music more and maybe we'll get an album next year instead of the obligatory greatest hits tour since they said that History Tours are over (yes, people were making this argument)

2020 (pre pandemic) - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England Legacy of the Beast instead of going into the studio?

2022 - The pandemic clearly fucked Maiden up, but maybe they'll kickstart a new album sooner than later to make up for lost time.

2024 - I think they want to make as much new music as they can until the end of the band(and they stated that), especially with Nicko's health scare.

Us in 2025 - Maiden are getting older and only have so many years left, why are they extending to a third year of Maiden England Legacy of the Beast Future Past Tour instead of going into the studio?

Sorry guys, but time is not on this band's side and there hasn't really been any indication in the last decade that they are going to prioritize making albums over touring. We've had health scares, pandemics, and the band has never adjusted touring plans. I think they did Future Past to make a Senjutsu tour more easily marketable, but it is by no means a greatest hits tour. If the plan isn't to go back into the studio after this year's touring, I don't think it's going to happen.
It all depends on whether the whole band (especially Steve) wants to do another album. I think they still have the hunger, SJ was received very well, but maybe their plans have changed, who knows. They said they won't do a Farewell tour, so I think scenario #3. But #2 and especially #4 are also possible. One of the ''problems'' are the really long Hits tours. They should only be 1 year (or 2 at most), but that's difficult for a band like them.
I think a 3rd leg is very possible (like they could have done in 2020 - and especially if they have plans to record a new album early next year) and it would show that they view it more as a Hits tour. Legacy Part 3 could be like a ''1st leg'' of an album tour. With this hybrid tour now, it's the best and perfect opportunity to follow it up with a new album. The examples with the previous History/Hits tours are different from the current situation, due to circumstances, time, playing. Album released in 2025, the tour starts in 2026-2027.

It's complicated, but if Steve (and the whole band) have already decided they will continue as a studio band in the future, then they will just do tours with different themes (although the main options are: 90's era (can't see that), Reunion era songs only or hybrid tour again). This would be like ''new'' songs for them. Maybe they really want to play many deep cuts, but knowing Maiden, they'll want a theme. Bruce expressed a desire for future tours and playing more deep cuts. They can do whatever they want. And a 3rd leg will allow them to change the setlist with a few songs. A new album in the next couple of years is not too soon (later than 2027, I really don't know), it fits their ''5 years'' strategy, again if they want and if they view the current tour more as a Hits one. But habits can change. It's 50/50 really.

Really, I think scenario 3 or 4 is the most possible but the question is how many years Nicko will be able to play full tours. He's 72 now and if he gets some luck would play next 3 years imo. He is the first one to leave the band in near future.

I don't think they're likely to go into another greatest hits tour so quickly. Doing LOTB over the course of 4 years seemed to grate on them a bit, by the end of the 2022 shows I think they were getting a bit bored.

On the other hand they seem to really be enjoying changing things up for Future Past, deep cuts from an album they've ignored for decades, brand new songs (from an album they recorded 4 years earlier) even mixing up the "hits"

I think they could stick with the hybrid concept again for the next tour.
Imagine SSOASS or Powerslave in full, plus some new songs and a few of the staples.

Would allow them to tour a new album while revisiting a classic album again, would sell really well, and leave them open to a full on greatest hits tour to finish things on afterwards. (2027?)

One thing I noticed at my show (which was very late in the tour) was the amount of concentration the band had on stage. It looked like they were working harder when playing some of the more complicated material. The hybrid show has been cool, but it is also a ton of music for the band to learn as they're not just refreshing themselves on the new songs, but they're also going back and reviewing old deep cuts they haven't played in decades. Usually it's one or the other. Not sure that model is something they're going to want to use on every Maiden tour.

Having a quick skim over at the official FC a few "in the know" have already pointed to strong ties of a Stadium tour in Europe next year, with apparently a couple of dates already set.
This completely rules out an album tour, and honestly I highly doubt they role out a new retro themed tour just for one summer.

The absolute safe bet for me is a revapmed future past tour with quite a few set changes, they could even cut most the Senjutsu stuff and add in Rime as the "epic" played with bruce recently mentioning that one as a song he wants to do again, throw in Sun And Steel as the curve ball? etc

Having a quick skim over at the official FC a few "in the know" have already pointed to strong ties of a Stadium tour in Europe next year, with apparently a couple of dates already set.
This completely rules out an album tour, and honestly I highly doubt they role out a new retro themed tour just for one summer.

The absolute safe bet for me is a revapmed future past tour with quite a few set changes, they could even cut most the Senjutsu stuff and add in Rime as the "epic" played with bruce recently mentioning that one as a song he wants to do again, throw in Sun And Steel as the curve ball? etc
That's my thoughts. Go 4-4 with Senjutsu and SIT, or even 3-4, while swapping Prisoner and CIPWM too. 4 setlist changes. Considering how much Bruce has been mentioning it, I think Seventh Son has a chance to replace Celts. Imagine a tour with Seventh Son and Alex in the same set... One can dream.

Anyways, my bet is revamped TFP tour (Hell On Earth and Alex stay, all other songs from the centerpiece albums can change), with album recording before it and releasing it in September.

Does it, though? Like... I think a third leg of the Future Past tour certainly seems most likely, but technically they could pull of a Future Past or Legacy 2022 kind of a "hybrid" card for a new album tour as well. The Final Frontier & The Book of Souls tours also had big stadium shows in Europe, so I think at this point it could be anything.

That being said, I'd expect a Future Past tour to continue for next year with a couple of setlist changes and a new press release that hints towards... well, whatever they'll have in store for us. In any case, I don't think they'll do a TFF 2010 kind of a thing anymore where the "album tour" (regardless the setlist) starts before the release of the album itself. I just think that whatever the "theme" of any upcoming Maiden tour will be, they will definitely find an angle to make it appealing to more casual fans as well through marketing decisions. For example, the current formula of using both old and new Eddie designs on stage and in marketing & merchandise is one way of doing that.

Last edited:

The absolute safe bet for me is a revapmed future past tour with quite a few set changes, they could even cut most the Senjutsu stuff and add in Rime as the "epic" played with bruce recently mentioning that one as a song he wants to do again, throw in Sun And Steel as the curve ball?
I've thought about this case all over the day. My guessing is for the Future Past Tour part 3 with European stadium/festival shows (25+) including some big events as Download Festival or so. I think they'll announce stadium shows in some countries/cities excluded in 2023 (Paris, Stockholm, Madrit, Lisboa, Vienna, Arnhem, Budapest, Sofia, Bucharest, Zagreb, Athens, Arnhem, Berlin, Stuttgart, Hamburg and many more). And yes - they'll change the set list a little (think 3 - 4 songs) to attract more casual listeners this time. My guess is the next tour (2026 - 2027) will promote forthcoming studio album recorded in 2025.

I don't think they're likely to go into another greatest hits tour so quickly. Doing LOTB over the course of 4 years seemed to grate on them a bit, by the end of the 2022 shows I think they were getting a bit bored.
On the other hand they seem to really be enjoying changing things up for Future Past, deep cuts from an album they've ignored for decades, brand new songs (from an album they recorded 4 years earlier) even mixing up the "hits"
I think they could stick with the hybrid concept again for the next tour.
Would allow them to tour a new album while revisiting a classic album again
This. I will always prefer just new album tours (with some deep cuts), but the hybrid tour is a really cool and working formula. For a forgotten or classic album.
Not sure that model is something they're going to want to use on every Maiden tour.
Bruce and Nicko expressed such a desire (it's the hardest for them) and it's something new and fresh for the whole band. Considering the last few tours, I think they've changed their views on the setlists and songs.
The absolute safe bet for me is a revapmed future past tour with quite a few set changes,
So a 3rd leg, I wouldn't say it was not expected, mainly because of the SIT songs.
Songs most likely to change: Prisoner, CIPWM and Celts. Wasted Years and Writing? Doubt. Maybe Time Machine, or even Days.

I don't expect a 2010 tour scenario (or 2003 GME, or Legacy 2022) at all.

Last edited:
This. The hybrid tour is a really cool and working formula.
Continuing with more hybrid tours would be an interesting solution for me. I prefer new music and while hits tous are neat in their own way, I'm not a big fan of spending up to 3 years retreading old ground. I'd be perfectly happy if the continued releasing new albums, have a tour where a third focuses on the new songs, another third the expected classics and the final third deep cuts and classics that haven't been revisited in ages.

I would be surprised if the band go beyond 2026. We are lucky to still have Nicko after surviving a stroke! Plus he is in his 70s now and probably would like to retire at some point. I just feel that we are heading that way. Rod didn’t even hint at future plans in the tour programme like he normally does. Bruce referenced retirement when thanking the Maiden lads in his new album. We are getting close to the end.

Sure I would like them to continue forever but the sands of time are running low. I don’t think we will even get a new album.

I would not be surprised if they went into a new Legacy-ish type of tour after The Future Past. A new album costs more than it tastes.
I don't think the costs are an issue for them, and see the other old bands. Bruce has mentioned several times now that they have plans until 2026 - and their Hits tours are usually longer nowadays, but that could change ofc. If they planned a 3rd leg for next year, what will start or tour in 2026? Start of a new album tour? Or a Hits tour for 2 years from 2025?

Maiden don't care about studio costs at this point, because they bring in a shit ton of money with merch, beer and licencing Edward to various companies.

Back