The Future Past Tour 2024

“Which night he’s more likely to perform better at” - It’s Bruce. He’s gonna be great at both shows. The honest truth is I think they’ll all be best in Perth because it’s the first show of the year.

I understand if you're releasing a video for the gig to release it if a performance isn't up to scratch because of all the expenses involved in filming it. But if you're only releasing an album, there's no excuse. They record every gig anyway, so just pick a gig where the performance is top notch and then go from there.

Nights of the Dead was a baffling release for this reason in my opinion.

I understand if you're releasing a video for the gig to release it if a performance isn't up to scratch because of all the expenses involved in filming it. But if you're only releasing an album, there's no excuse. They record every gig anyway, so just pick a gig where the performance is top notch and then go from there.

Nights of the Dead was a baffling release for this reason in my opinion.
Exactly, I can't understand their decision to publish rather poor - quality album from the gig(s) which weren't good. It's weird and their management allowed to publish that stuff as official release. Shame.

Also in live after death Bruce was almost done vocally. They should have choosen any show from the 1st leg.
At least back then they had the excuse (for lack of a better word) that recording a live album was a much bigger undertaking than it is nowadays. It made sense to choose a venue where they played 4 shows in a row. Unfortunately the immense success of that tour came with its grueling schedule and it almost made Bruce quit. Thankfully things took a different turn.

Also in live after death Bruce was almost done vocally. They should have choosen any show from the 1st leg.
Well, I think the choice for the shows at Long Beach Arena to be recorded and filmed was for the symbol that it represented : the conquest of the USA by a little British band only well-known in Europe at the time. Thanks to this live album, the band has reached a new level in its career and has managed to find a place in the hearts of American people. Since this glorious day of the release, we know the rest.

He "recorded them over the original tracks"? That sounds quite weird and unlike Maiden. Back in 88 they had rerecorded Prowler and Charlotte The Harlot, but it made sense because the entire song was rerecorded and Bruce sang them this time.

Why would they rerecord only the vocals for Run To The Hills and leave the rest the same? Wrathchild at least has Paul on the original vocals.

Maybe Kevin isn't talking about material that they wanted to release. Maybe they did private recordings of these songs for demo purposes to get a feeling for each other. Hopefully someone who knows better can provide more information.

Maybe they tried out doing Run to the hills with the three guitar lineup, just to set up correctly in the studio before writing and recording Brave new world?

Maybe they tried out doing Run to the hills with the three guitar lineup, just to set up correctly in the studio before writing and recording Brave new world?
But from what we've heard they only redid the vocals, not the guitars, so that doesn't quite work out.

But from what we've heard they only redid the vocals, not the guitars, so that doesn't quite work out.
I'd wager it was more-so to get a reference and litmus test for where Bruce's vocals and overall technique was at ahead of producing a renunion album.

As well as likely a chance for him, Steve, and Kevin to sit down and regear AoB/TCW Bruce back into Maiden Bruce.

Theres a good bit of humor in the fuckers choosing Wrathchild, Id like to think Steve was thinking "Oi mate gotta get that song dusted off so we can replace a song between every tour leg with it"

I'd wager it was more-so to get a reference and litmus test for where Bruce's vocals and overall technique was at ahead of producing a renunion album.

As well as likely a chance for him, Steve, and Kevin to sit down and regear AoB/TCW Bruce back into Maiden Bruce.

I believe that is the reason indeed! Even from a songwriting perspective, Bruce of 1999 is somewhat different vocalist from the early 90's Bruce with bit of a different technique and new possibilities.

Back