The Future Past Tour 2024

IMHO, the time it takes to ship everything to Australia does not support them playing any gigs before the shows downunder.
Shipping takes 10-14 days, so it's possible if they start rehearsing during last week of July kr 1st week of August.

Because of the SIT songs, I think this tour might have a 3rd leg. And especially if they omit Europe next year. But a new album is the next logical step after this (hybrid) tour, like they have always done before.

I would love a Reunion Hits tour, as much as a 90's era tour. Deep cuts tour even more. But the most I want - a New album tour.

I agree.
They played 30 shows in Europe. Europe is finish. They have seen thisnshow . The 3 years of touring with legacy and again europe and S.A is because the 3 senjutsu songs.

They played 30 shows in Europe. Europe is finish. They have seen thisnshow . The 3 years of touring with legacy and again europe and S.A is because the 3 senjutsu songs.
They were planning a 3rd leg of Legacy in 2020, including a return to Europe, before the pandemic necessitated postponing it and ultimately adapting the setlist to accommodate the new album. The original 3 leg plan had nothing to do with Senjutsu.

They were planning a 3rd leg of Legacy in 2020, including a return to Europe, before the pandemic necessitated postponing it and ultimately adapting the setlist to accommodate the new album. The original 3 leg plan had nothing to do with Senjutsu.
Mmmm ok that its true. But i think its the only tour that was like this?

LOTB was an obvious choice for a 3 leg tour as it was all the greatest hits and one of the best stage shows they've ever done.

TFPT doesn't have the same mainstream appeal, so I can see them just doing 2 legs (23/24) and then doing a new album and tour afterwards (25/26)

Shipping takes 10-14 days, so it's possible if they start rehearsing during last week of July kr 1st week of August.
Presuming they left all there stage set up in California after PowerTrip it would actually be way less than that getting down to Australia,

Presuming they left all there stage set up in California after PowerTrip it would actually be way less than that getting down to Australia,
I really doubt it. Because leaving it in their warehouse is probably cheaper than renting one in LA for a year.

Unless H has a big garage in his Malibu house.

Last edited:
Looks like they are announcing some dates tomorrow, Chile being teased locally apparently.
Wonder if it will be just South America or they will include NA with it

All this talk of when we might get a new album made me think that, in all honesty does Maiden really need to release another album?

I mean, nearly 50 years in existence with 17 studio albums already under their belt they have absolutely no need to release a new album. They already have a fantastic legacy of quality music to leave behind.

Writing an album, for a band like Maiden at this point in their career is a huge undertaking. Firstly they need the burning desire to write new music and secondly any new songs would need to be, at least in their opinion, absolutely top notch stuff that they are all buzzing about as they won’t want the potential last album they do to be creatively flat. Then they need to come up with a concept for Eddie and the front cover which they then build a huge marketing campaign and future merchandise around.

Also, as we know from past experience they don’t like to release new music without being able to tour it and to plan a future album tour with Nickos recent health issues and they’re ages is a big issue too. I mean, say they drop an album late 2025. That means the earliest they could tour it is 2026. Tour would last at least 2 years taking them well into 2028. That’s five years away. Nicko would be in his late 70’s and the rest will all be in their 70’s. I don’t think maiden will ever announce a farewell tour but surely the last tour they do won’t be for a new album, even if they find a way to combine it with an old album like future past. This means that from 2029 they would likely then go on a final tour which they would need some sort of theme for to be a greatest hits tour that would last 3/4 years taking them close to 80 years old!

They all seem in good health (Nickos recent issues aside) but that’s asking a hell of a lot from a band that doesn’t need to release any new music as they already have a huge and very respected legacy of studio albums behind them. Plus the cost and time to write and record when album sales, even for a band like Maiden, are flat and will likely end up costing them more than they would ever make.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love another album but if it never happened I could understand it. If I was them at their ages all I’d give a shit about now is touring until I couldn’t do that anymore.

Adrian, Bruce and Steve all have side projects going if they still have any need or desire to write and be creative.

If they make another album, great. If not, that’s also fine.

They can come up with great touring concepts without new music.

All this talk of when we might get a new album made me think that, in all honesty does Maiden really need to release another album?

I mean, nearly 50 years in existence with 17 studio albums already under their belt they have absolutely no need to release a new album. They already have a fantastic legacy of quality music to leave behind.

Writing an album, for a band like Maiden at this point in their career is a huge undertaking. Firstly they need the burning desire to write new music and secondly any new songs would need to be, at least in their opinion, absolutely top notch stuff that they are all buzzing about as they won’t want the potential last album they do to be creatively flat. Then they need to come up with a concept for Eddie and the front cover which they then build a huge marketing campaign and future merchandise around.

Also, as we know from past experience they don’t like to release new music without being able to tour it and to plan a future album tour with Nickos recent health issues and they’re ages is a big issue too. I mean, say they drop an album late 2025. That means the earliest they could tour it is 2026. Tour would last at least 2 years taking them well into 2028. That’s five years away. Nicko would be in his late 70’s and the rest will all be in their 70’s. I don’t think maiden will ever announce a farewell tour but surely the last tour they do won’t be for a new album, even if they find a way to combine it with an old album like future past. This means that from 2029 they would likely then go on a final tour which they would need some sort of theme for to be a greatest hits tour that would last 3/4 years taking them close to 80 years old!

They all seem in good health (Nickos recent issues aside) but that’s asking a hell of a lot from a band that doesn’t need to release any new music as they already have a huge and very respected legacy of studio albums behind them. Plus the cost and time to write and record when album sales, even for a band like Maiden, are flat and will likely end up costing them more than they would ever make.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love another album but if it never happened I could understand it. If I was them at their ages all I’d give a shit about now is touring until I couldn’t do that anymore.

Adrian, Bruce and Steve all have side projects going if they still have any need or desire to write and be creative.
I get the overall point, but the argument falls apart since it could be applied at various points in their career. Comeback after BNW? They could rest on their laurels! Cementing the reunion with DOD and AMOLAD? Why not stop here, they've established their legacy! And so on for all the albums since then.

They obviously enjoy writing new music, given the fact that we know they wanted to record another album before SNJ was even released. They don't have to, but that's not an argument in any way. Technically they don't have to do anything. Steve didn't have to start the band, they didn't have to kick out Paul for Bruce, they didn't have to continue in the 90's, they didn't have to do a reunion. There's a lot they "didn't have to" but they do nonetheless. Though they've embraced their hits more and more over the years and arguably focused a bit too much on them with the whole LOTB tour (imo of course) they still have a hunger for new music. Maiden is not a band like Kiss or Twisted Sister that live and die by their hits and have next to nothing of value to offer in recent years.

I suppose there is the possibility that there won't be another album, but to be quite honest, unless some kind of tragedy strikes, I'm sure that there will be one more studio album.

I feel Senjutsu would be quite a damp squib to end such a monumental career on but time isn't exactly on their side these days. Unless they were to dramatically shake things up in the studio I'd rather they spent their remaining years playing live as much as they can rather than wasting it on new material.

Back