The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I memorized “The Parchment” a long time ago, “Death of the Celts” with its twisted rhyming is still rough for me.

That by itself doesn't mean anything. If you like The Parchment more than DOTC and listen to it more often of course you're going to memorize the lyrics easier than DOTC.

Considering that this tour features ATG having Bruce memorize The Parchment as well would've been almost cruel :D

Ahoy! I have two standing tickets for tonight's (Friday) London 02 gig, thought I'd ask if anyone wants to swap for two seated? Basically, my wife is having a shocker of a day at work and won't arrive until gone 9, at which point there is slim to no chance of her finding me. Figure if I'm sat, rather than in general standing then that solves the issue! Would swap for something in one of the lower tiers - might suit someone who wanted standing originally. Prefer to meet up beforehand to dispel any notion of shenanigans (on either of our parts!) - I'll be in the Cart and Horses from this afternoon before heading over to 02.

Thought I'd post on here, please give me a shout - To reiterate, this is only for swap only, am not looking to sell (worst comes to worst wife is watching it from the back on her own!).

Please DM me if interested - I'm avoiding this topic because I don't want to see any set lists!

That by itself doesn't mean anything. If you like The Parchment more than DOTC and listen to it more often of course you're going to memorize the lyrics easier than DOTC.

Considering that this tour features ATG having Bruce memorize The Parchment as well would've been almost cruel :D
Honestly I feel ATG is actually quite easy to memorize, I feel like there's a clear order of the events and I guess for Bruce that makes it even easier. DOTC and Parchment are both more challenging imo but I also have a harder time remembering DOTC's lyrics in order as it's basically just one melody repeating over and over, while Parchment has different smaller sections.

Congrats! If you don't find anyone, I'd be down :)

I got a guest already, someone was quite an early bird, hehe! Thank you for the offer, though! Very much appreciated, cheers! :)

Finally in the city itself! I flew to Stansted a couple of hours ago. I'll go to check-in to a hostel, grab something to eat and make my way to the O2.

not sure if London will be it but I'm sure a live album and concert video are in the works. I'd almost wonder if they do something like Flight 666 where each song is from a different venue. That was cool to see.
Is London only venue to be played two times in a row on the tour? If yes, then I would say it WILL be filmed in London

The Parchment might be the only Maiden song that tops ATG in terms of difficulty of memorising the lyrics imo, more challenging that DOTC but also the superior track for me!
To Tame A Land? But the lyrics are fewer. Agreed about Parchment.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me why Blaze was in the GA audience during the Manchester gig? No acces to some VIP place? Strange. And I would have found it rather disturbing having some guy next to me chanting along to let's say Wasted Years suddenly noticing it was Blaze...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back