The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, all cars not already there have been stopped from entering. I'd be surprised if the festival actually goes ahead.

Screenshot_20230801_182527_Facebook.jpg

Oof, I feel for anyone going to Wacken, especially those coming from abroad.

It definitely sucks for anyone going to the festival.

How bad would it had to be for the festival to get cancelled? Sonisphere Sweden in 2010 and Download Festival in 2016 saw appalling weather conditions yet still went ahead.

How bad would it had to be for the festival to get cancelled? Sonisphere Sweden in 2010 and Download Festival in 2016 saw appalling weather conditions yet still went ahead.

Sonisphere Finland in 2010 also got quite rough! Of course the storm hit when the festival was already well underway, so it's a bit different situation altogether...

But yeah, we'll see...

It definitely sucks for anyone going to the festival.

It depends on the ground and camping conditions. If people can't even get their cars in there then the situation won't be 100% safe. The local authorities could shut it down if they believe there to be a danger to the crowd.

Download 2016 wasn't quite the same. Yes, it poured on day one but that was after everyone had arrived so the ground wasn't impassable. The weather slightly cleared in the following days.

Download 2012 was much worse and that still went ahead.

It depends on the ground and camping conditions. If people can't even get their cars in there then the situation won't be 100% safe. The local authorities could shut it down if they believe there to be a danger to the crowd.

Download 2016 wasn't quite the same. Yes, it poured on day one but that was after everyone had arrived so the ground wasn't impassable. The weather slightly cleared in the following days.

Download 2012 was much worse and that still went ahead.

If I remember correctly, back in 2016 it started pouring down the day before the festival, turning the camping area into an unsafe mud lake and the festival site into something that looked like the trenches at the battle of the Somme. On Saturday it felt like walking on treacle, with wellies several inches deep in mud. I thought it was fairly unsafe, but probably wasn’t as the festival went ahead.

Safe or not, muddy festivals suck.

I doubt there will be another live album from Dortmund

Finland or Poland would be nice choices
Actually I don't care too much about the venue. All I hope is that they choose a recording with the band at their best. In Dortmund 2003 Bruce was seriously ill, and so for me it probably will remain a big mystery forever why a band like Maiden is about releasing a live album with their singer not in shape.

Actually I don't care too much about the venue. All I hope is that they choose a recording with the band at their best. In Dortmund 2003 Bruce was seriously ill, and so for me it probably will remain a big mystery forever why a band like Maiden is about releasing a live album with their singer not in shape.
Same thing happened with Maiden England 88 and Nights Of The Dead. For whatever reason Maiden tends to release shows where Bruce was ill lol

ME at least had the excuse that it wasn't as easy to record show back then. For the last couple of decades (since AMOLAD? Or right after DOD?) Maiden started recording every single show, so they definitely have the chance to choose good gigs.

For the last couple of decades (since AMOLAD? Or right after DOD?) Maiden started recording every single show, so they definitely have the chance to choose good gigs.
Since DOD but they skipped AMOLAD tour. I think just because the rant was wild back then (bc they played the full album live).

The amolad live album for me is the globen show in stockholm 2006.

Since DOD but they skipped AMOLAD tour. I think just because the rant was wild back then (bc they played the full album live).

The amolad live album for me is the globen show in stockholm 2006.
Well, we know that they've recorded stuff during the AMOLAD tour, since we saw Steve and Kevin mix an AMOLAD song in the Flight 666 documentary. Unfortunately they haven't released it yet.

Yeah I totaly agree with that. Of course they should release something from a show/shows when the band plays well and sounds good

If I remember correctly, back in 2016 it started pouring down the day before the festival, turning the camping area into an unsafe mud lake and the festival site into something that looked like the trenches at the battle of the Somme. On Saturday it felt like walking on treacle, with wellies several inches deep in mud. I thought it was fairly unsafe, but probably wasn’t as the festival went ahead.

Safe or not, muddy festivals suck.
Our memories differ. It was fine until Friday. Then, just a few minutes before Baby Metal started, the heavens opened and biblical rain poured down on the site. After that it settled and the rain became more steady but the site never recovered from that initial downpour.

Thankfully, I was staying at a hotel.

Well, we know that they've recorded stuff during the AMOLAD tour, since we saw Steve and Kevin mix an AMOLAD song in the Flight 666 documentary. Unfortunately they haven't released it yet.
I assumed they were working on the proposed 5.1 mix of AMOLAD before that project was scrapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back