The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should go through Forostar's old work and update it into some form of more visually pleasing chart.

Agreed, put it in the project queue (as in, if I come across a free couple of hours I'll do that).

BTW it's worth noting: now that they've played Alexander the Great live, Somewhere in Time has the least number of unplayed songs of the 80s/90s Dickinson era albums. Only one: Deja Vu. Every other album has at least two.
Of the Reunion era too (without AMOLAD album, ofc). Deja-Vu would be a very good live song. Deja-Vu to Alexander: ''don't leave me alone''. :lol:
Not since 2010 I think.

Time to bring back Brave New World, Rainmaker and Benjamin Breeg!
2010 feels so long ago. This tour was the perfect opportunity to bring back Brave New World, probably at Prisoner's place.

This is the 2nd album tour not to feature a song from any of the previous Reunion albums since AMOLAD tour in 2006/2007. I guess this is because both tours are specific.

Not since 2010 I think.

Time to bring back Brave New World, Rainmaker and Benjamin Breeg!
Chances for a return of BNW aren't that bad I think, though it was overplayed for a long time IMHO. There were times I just couldn't listen to it any longer. Breeg indeed would be nice, however, Rainmaker has no chance to ever return I think (and it didn't work well live btw. Bruce could barely handle it in 2003, just like Stratego last year. Both songs have their strenghts as studio songs.)

I think tonight is gonna be great. The band has had two days off, gotten some rest and are hopefully full of energy.

We also get the first event shirt of the tour. Viking-theme as always, but it's quite nice and I will get my third shirt of the tour. Price is 45 euro.

This tour was the perfect opportunity to bring back Brave New World, probably at Prisoner's place.
I think BNW would be a great replacement for “Fear of the Dark”. On this tour not so much, cuz after going through ten songs without any usual classics in the set, it’s kind of a refreshing pick, but on another tour where you have “Hallowed” and “Number” back in the set it would fit very well if they did decide to drop FOTD.

Only if by the end of their career they made n concerts and Hallowed was played n+1 times or more. :D
Well if the lawsuit didn't happen and they wouldn't drop it previously, that would be kinda true, since they played it during Abbey Road sessions.

I don't know why, but they again didn't use a backdrop with Cybrog Eddie. I thought they would do it for this tour, although the new futuristic backdrop is cool. They used the SIT album cover background for Iron Maiden, but after the previous such backdrop it looks a bit dated/same. It should have been grasslands with a castle for the big SJ Eddie. There is also no backdrop with Samurai Eddie(!) If it was a proper album tour, they would have used for sure.

Looking at some of the great new songs backdrops, I'm curious what Parchment's backdrop would have been - probably an ancient temple!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back