"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that the direction of each album may not be to everyone's taste. Most people say that Maiden albums are all the same, however everyone who knows Maiden's music knows that this is not the case.
What is beyond me is how can people like Maiden albums where Nicko hardly does a drum roll or Steve (via Bruce) is repeating the same words or parts again and again. And once we get a song like that we try to understand WHY he did it this way so we can excuse him. Anyway, let's just keep on talking about whatever was it that we were talking about!

So close to release date. I'm gonna explode. :)

I think that's great that albums are different, core is the same but rest - always changing. That's why we all have albums that we like. I don't understand this "they play same shit for 40years/GOD - play classics, new maiden suck!" and I'm pretty sure that after 4th it will start again.

Great! But can someone explain to me what "poppiest composition on the album" mean?

I think (might be wrong) it is a reference to maiden sometimes leading with a track which is more towards their hard-rock roots rather than metal. Some would use the term Radio Friendly. If you look at the last few lead singles - SoL, TFF / El Dorado, Different Worlds/Benjamin Brieg and Wildest dreams. They are the tracks which show influence from rock and blues and are not necessarily representative of the album as a whole... IMHO

:bigsurprise:For me it's the single best rocker they ever did. Great melodies, awesome lyrics and super cool solo. A shame it wasn't the single for the album/played live.

Agreed...
The Alchemist is my second favourite reunion song after DOD.
Love the lyrics, the speed, the vocal melodies and the solo.:)

So, anyone else heard what claims to be the "leaked recording session"? Sounds like Bruce on there for sure, but what song could it be? My guess would be If Eternity Should fail, given that it's legit....

So, anyone else heard what claims to be the "leaked recording session"? Sounds like Bruce on there for sure, but what song could it be? My guess would be If Eternity Should fail, given that it's legit....

Haven't heard it, is it definitely new material and not Bruce solo etc? I bet it's a Bruce solo B side or something lol.

Agreed...
The Alchemist is my second favourite reunion song after DOD.
Love the lyrics, the speed, the vocal melodies and the solo.:)

And it's got three different choruses (and REAL choruses, not just repetition) which is very unusual, but works very well in this song

Well not really...and since we are not supposed to share anything here I guess no one would listen to it!

Haven't heard it, is it definitely new material and not Bruce solo etc? I bet it's a Bruce solo B side or something lol.

Pretty sure it's not, I've heard most Bruce's solo stuff and I don't recognise it. Also, it really does sound like a recording session rather than a finished mix, so I'm quite intrigued...

It also fits well with the descriptions in the reviews of the ending of IESF, demonic voices etc... My bet would is that the leaked 2 minutes are of the later part of the song , leading up to the acoustic outro...

Absolutely fake. Those guitars are so badly played, that is none of the 3 amigos. 100% sure.

Here is mine. Found it hard to give concrete ranks so I did something different. Here is my Tier List:

Top Tier (9+):
The Number of the Beast - 9
Powerslave - 9.25
7th Son of a Seventh Son - 9.25
Dance of Death - 9.5
The Final Frontier - 9.25

High Tier (8+):
Piece of Mind - 8
Somewhere in Time - 8.5
Brave New World - 8
A Matter of Life and Death - 8.75

Mid Tier (5+):
Iron Maiden - 6
Killers - 6
Fear of the Dark - 5

Low Tier (<5):
No Prayer for the Dying - 4
The X-Factor - 4
Virtual XI - 2

There's no way a professional producer on Kevin's level would let anything leak from the studio, especially not a bad take.

I think (might be wrong) it is a reference to maiden sometimes leading with a track which is more towards their hard-rock roots rather than metal. Some would use the term Radio Friendly. If you look at the last few lead singles - SoL, TFF / El Dorado, Different Worlds/Benjamin Brieg and Wildest dreams. They are the tracks which show influence from rock and blues and are not necessarily representative of the album as a whole... IMHO
Eeeeeh , how is Benjamin brieg like the rest of the singles or shows influence from rock ? This song is a 100% dark, ominous , heavy metal song and doesn't belong with the rest of the single-type songs .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back